Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #31
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: If Mitchell Trades like he did with Johansson hes going to sleep.

Delete...
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #32
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
Well, cynics call anything from the thrash era (and a lot of the other music I like for that matter) 'guitar wanking', but it's what I enjoy and it's always fun playing infront of someone who's only ever seen someone play something painfully simple like the theme from Friends on a guitar. Horses for courses, though. No one genre of music produces better musicians than another (unless we include pop music).

Try listening to some of their earlier stuff off of Reign In Blood or Seasons in the Abyss if you haven't heard any of it as you might like it. Lombardo returned on Christ Illusion a few years ago and that album was ****ing amazing as well.
God Hates us All was a good post-Millenium release IMO.

Kos: top man, as always
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #33
NSFW
ESB interacial lovin...
ESB Addict

vCash: 2266

I hope Mitchell goes out and boxes Katsidis and does not try a gung ho slug fest. I am still unsure Kevin is good enough to pull it off.
NSFW is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #34
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Diaz wobbled Katsidis many times and has powder-puff fists. Mitchell probably punches much harder.

It's three things that decide this fight:

Mitchell's movement
Katsidis' body work
Mitchell's sharp, straight punching with Katsidis' tendency to cut

This goes late, and it will be a bloody night, whoever wins.
That's a pretty strong statement.

Diaz has fought a lot of opponents that are rarely (or if ever) stopped. He isn't a big puncher by any means though.

Mitchell has a very padded record (31-0 23KO's or something) against a lot of glass jawed/old (or both) fighters that he could walk through, the main exception being Johanneson.

If he does win, which he can, he'll get big credit from me. It's not a fight I'd expect Frank ''oh shit I can't put my man in with a puncher'' ****** to make.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #35
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by emallini View Post
He cant let the night get to him and start getting into a war with this aussie banger if he does its lights out. He needs the temperament he brought to the Presscot fight.
I love these type of threads , Katsidis is probably the most chinny of the world level LW's in the current world title picture , Mitchell's chin is solid , i agree 100% Mitchell has no business trading with him , as does everybody at world level @LW , but by no means is it beyond the realms of possibilty that Mitchell goes in there and knocks this guy out !!!!!!!!!!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #36
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
I love these type of threads , Katsidis is probably the most chinny of the world level LW's in the current world title picture , Mitchell's chin is solid , i agree 100% Mitchell has no business trading with him , as does everybody at world level @LW , but by no means is it beyond the realms of possibilty that Mitchell goes in there and knocks this guy out !!!!!!!!!!!
Fair post but i then think, who has tested it, which world level Lightweight ?
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #37
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyHighlander View Post
Fair post but i then think, who has tested it, which world level Lightweight ?
Nobody yet ???

And ur point
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #38
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
That's a pretty strong statement.

Diaz has fought a lot of opponents that are rarely (or if ever) stopped. He isn't a big puncher by any means though.
It's widely accepted that Diaz has no real weight behind his punches. He's not a complete nothing puncher (in fact, he's one of my favourite fighters), but he's relies on discouraging opponents and overwhelming them with volume.

Also, his opposition is a LOT higher than either Mitchell or Katsidis.

I don't think Mitchell some sort of life-taker, but it's clear he has some pop in his punches. I'd factor he hits harder than Diaz, but he's not got that level of class with his skills or infighting.

People are dreaming if they think Mitchell takes this easily, but he can outbox and counter Katsidis, if he can keep his distance.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #39
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyHighlander View Post
Whats gonna be interesting is how he deals with it mentally when kats avoids or walks through his punches for the first cpl rounds.

Its amazing how people have this a 50-50 based on him outboxing Prescott, crazy.

Or maybe i missed something
The point is, he showed us a different side to him. I never dreamed that Mitchell could box as well as that, he now has one key advantage going into the fight and that is adaptability.

Mitchell can obviously bang and take a punch, I don't think he can go to war but he can brawl in spurts and get away with it, and now he can box Katsidis too. If Mitchell is somehow getting the upperhand when they brawl, Katsidis has no option but to stick it out and hope the same old stuff works.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #40
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Nobody yet ???

And ur point
Was more me asking maself the question as anyone else, his chins solid enough, though i can only judge it on his previous fights.

Full blown average lightweights, it aint tested, will be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
The point is, he showed us a different side to him. I never dreamed that Mitchell could box as well as that, he now has one key advantage going into the fight and that is adaptability.

Mitchell can obviously bang and take a punch, I don't think he can go to war but he can brawl in spurts and get away with it, and now he can box Katsidis too. If Mitchell is somehow getting the upperhand when they brawl, Katsidis has no option but to stick it out and hope the same old stuff works.
Aye, was quite impressed at how disciplined he was but this is only a 50-50 as its got everything going for him, his hometown etc.

If this was somewhere neutral, would you have this a 50-50 ?

This is a rush job from Frank.

I will certainly be impressed if Mitchell wins and he can if he sticks to the job, no doubt.

He adapted for one fight, this time he has to keep his head, it wont be easy.

Personally, i like him as he aint mouthy or any of that shit really, quite an honest pro and if he wins i wont be pissed, far from it.

On another note, it was ****ing brilliant seeing how Tibbs works him in the gym, regarding his concentration etc.

Last edited by HairyHighlander; 05-13-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #41
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
He's not a complete nothing puncher (in fact, he's one of my favourite fighters), but he's relies on discouraging opponents and overwhelming them with volume.

Was what i meant regarding ferocity in a previous post, not so much power but relentless also.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #42
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Looking forward to this fight....best of luck to both guys
ashley is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 07:42 AM   #43
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I think its going to be an extremly tough fight for Kevin to win. Have watch 6 Katsidis fights in the last week.

He may have lost twice but he is under rated. He is one of the best at cutting of the ring. he leaves no distance between himself and the other fighter. He doesn't allow his opponents to counter punch him. He is the lead puncher always creating opportunities for himself. When he gets inside he is a fantastic body puncher. He will just chop you down.

His defense is better than people think. He is not just a swinging brawler. He fights out of the shell, he has his hands up and will block punches at the start of his attacks. Even when he is throwing bombs he still has a good defense and is blocking punches.

Katsidis losses have come agaisnt Juan Diaz and Joel Casamayor. The fight against Diaz was a very close fight. Casamayor is a southpaw and a great great fighter. Casamayor hurts Katsidis with his left hand and Katsidis could not handle the southpaw stance early in the fight. Mitchell is nothing like Casamayor. and remember Katsidis was dominating the fight until Casamayor threw that great punch. Katsidis does not have a bad chin, anyone would get hurt if they leave themselves open and get hit flush.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 07:47 AM   #44
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
I think its going to be an extremly tough fight for Kevin to win. Have watch 6 Katsidis fights in the last week.

He may have lost twice but he is under rated. He is one of the best at cutting of the ring. he leaves no distance between himself and the other fighter. He doesn't allow his opponents to counter punch him. He is the lead puncher always creating opportunities for himself. When he gets inside he is a fantastic body puncher. He will just chop you down.

His defense is better than people think. He is not just a swinging brawler. He fights out of the shell, he has his hands up and will block punches at the start of his attacks. Even when he is throwing bombs he still has a good defense and is blocking punches.

Katsidis losses have come agaisnt Juan Diaz and Joel Casamayor. The fight against Diaz was a very close fight. Casamayor is a southpaw and a great great fighter. Casamayor hurts Katsidis with his left hand and Katsidis could not handle the southpaw stance early in the fight. Mitchell is nothing like Casamayor. and remember Katsidis was dominating the fight until Casamayor threw that great punch. Katsidis does not have a bad chin, anyone would get hurt if they leave themselves open and get hit flush.
Diaz fight was not close IMO; can't remember my score but Diaz did the better work throughout, though it was competitive to a degree.

Casamayor was way past prime; but I agree with you that Casamayor is no gauge for how Mitchell will perform, just too different stylistically, and then you add on the clear dearth in class between the two.

I agree with your points of Katsidis stylistically though Rob; people think Mitchell will just outmanouver Kats, yet I don't think he's shown any more nuances than Escebedo, who was easily outpunched throughout the fight.

Mitchell WILL have to mix up his approach; some round boxing, some rounds fighting, and I don't think he's shown anywhere near enough yet to make him anything other thanr ank outsider.

I wish him all the luck (obviously) and think he can pull it off; but I'm still rooting for Katsidis, I've just been a fan of his for a while now and am always weary of domestic hype trains
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 08:04 AM   #45
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522

just backed Katsidis @ 2/1
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum