boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2016, 12:19 PM   #1
foreman&dempsey
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,342
vCash: 500
Default Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

What a fight,i go with ron by ko in 5 or 6 after he went down once or twice. This lyle was a 220 pounder ripped like hell and full of testosterone very aggresive,when he fought ****ey was a soft 210 pounder and he did not have his former hungry and angry look anymore
foreman&dempsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 01:37 PM   #2
clark
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreman&dempsey View Post
What a fight,i go with ron by ko in 5 or 6 after he went down once or twice. This lyle was a 220 pounder ripped like hell and full of testosterone very aggresive,when he fought ****ey was a soft 210 pounder and he did not have his former hungry and angry look anymore
Yes, the Lyle that fought ****ey was NOTHING like the Lyle that fought Foreman. ****ey would be getting a real test. Not sure how ****ey would react to finally getting hit in his early career.
clark is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:28 PM   #3
Phil_Ivey_76
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
Default Re: Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

I'd go Foreman. But great fight while it lasts.
Phil_Ivey_76 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 07-17-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Eddie Ezzard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Default Re: Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Ivey_76 View Post
I'd go Foreman. But great fight while it lasts.
He means the Lyle that fought Foreman, rather than vice versa, Phil.
Eddie Ezzard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:13 PM   #5
foreman&dempsey
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,342
vCash: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Ezzard View Post
He means the Lyle that fought Foreman, rather than vice versa, Phil.
Thanks
foreman&dempsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:26 PM   #6
Flash24
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Default Re: Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

Got to go with Lyle, ****ey feasted on never was and has beens, The one great fighter he fought he lost to ( Holmes). Not saying Lyle was a great fighter ( he wasn't ) but a peak Lyle be too much for ****ey.
Flash24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:01 PM   #7
Eddie Ezzard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Default Re: Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

Lyle for me. He very nearly beat young Foreman (not prime but still a monster). No way does Gerry survive what George did, no way either does he bring the kind of heat to Ron that Foreman did. You need two hands or two good feet to keep Lyle off. Gerry had his left hand and that was pretty much it.

Also, and I hate to say this as a Brit looking on at America at the moment because I daresay it's a raw subject, but I have read that Lyle did not always take too kindly to whites. If that's so, then he'd view Gerry as a protected and privileged guy who got the shot through his colour and not, as Lyle had, by fighting his way up the hard way. More fuel to his fire. Lyle inside 5.
Eddie Ezzard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:12 PM   #8
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 12,120
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

****ey never beat anyone, most of the questions go his way. The one thing ****ey did have tho was fighting turning power, tho it would have been good to see it proven on a live corpse.

Lyle could obviously take it some, and that would make him favorite for mine by stoppage inside 5 or 6. He wouldn't want to hang back tho, imo he has to get in there.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:51 PM   #9
Vince Voltage
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,921
vCash: 500
Default Re: Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

Lyle, probably.
Vince Voltage is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:59 AM   #10
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pasadena, California
Posts: 2,858
vCash: 500
Default Re: Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1 View Post
****ey never beat anyone, most of the questions go his way. The one thing ****ey did have tho was fighting turning power, tho it would have been good to see it proven on a live corpse.

Lyle could obviously take it some, and that would make him favorite for mine by stoppage inside 5 or 6. He wouldn't want to hang back tho, imo he has to get in there.
Not so sure Lyle has beaten anyone of prime substance either. His competition is better, though.

I think C()()ney could do some damage here. He'd have to be on point through out because Lyle was the tougher go.
Sangria is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:40 AM   #11
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 12,120
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangria View Post
Not so sure Lyle has beaten anyone of prime substance either. His competition is better, though.
Lyle is far more proven, even if mostly by losses. His wins over Ellis, Bonavena and Shavers are better than ****ey's.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:38 AM   #12
Stevie G
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London,England
Posts: 10,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

I see a fight very similar to Ron's one with Foreman except that Ron would be the one standing at the end. Prime Lyle too tough for Gerrie C.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #13
Saad54
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Annandale, Virginia (USA)
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Default Re: Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

That version of Lyle was obviously very dangerous - so Gerry's management would have never taken such a fight.

Anyway, Lyle was never a slick mover, so Gerry should still be able to find him with the hook.

Of course, Gerry's defense was nothing to write home about, so Lyle should be able to land .

I think it may be a matter of who lands first with the big punches.

If Lyle can hurt Gerry, before Gerry hurts him, he can win.

Lyle was a little more polished and probably a little faster.

Lyle by KO in 4 rounds.
Saad54 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:31 PM   #14
foreman&dempsey
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,342
vCash: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad54 View Post
That version of Lyle was obviously very dangerous - so Gerry's management would have never taken such a fight.

Anyway, Lyle was never a slick mover, so Gerry should still be able to find him with the hook.

Of course, Gerry's defense was nothing to write home about, so Lyle should be able to land .

I think it may be a matter of who lands first with the big punches.

If Lyle can hurt Gerry, before Gerry hurts him, he can win.

Lyle was a little more polished and probably a little faster.

Lyle by KO in 4 rounds.
This is as i see it
foreman&dempsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #15
mr. magoo
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 18,516
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Foreman versión of lyle vs peak ****ey!!

C00ney beat an aged Lyle by hitting him in the body and breaking his rib.. So unless Ron's ribs were structurally sturdier 4 years earlier, then the same thing could very conceivably happen every time. Not sure it would always pan out that way, but its not like Gerry struggled with him over many rounds either.
mr. magoo is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015