Old 05-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #16
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835
Default Re: Paul Daley Boxing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Supposedly Daley spoke to White like a **** when he got into Octagon and asked what all of that was about he said he didn't hear the buzzer and then shrugged shoulders and said don't care when asked do you wanna be in UFC so White said your gone.

Daley seems that sorta guy who just doesn't give a toss about pretty much anything.
Ah.. didn't hear that bit. Can't see him getting back in now then. Stupid few minutes from Daley. Koscheck gets under everyones skin but that had to be the worst reaction you could have.
LHL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #17
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
Ah.. didn't hear that bit. Can't see him getting back in now then. Stupid few minutes from Daley. Koscheck gets under everyones skin but that had to be the worst reaction you could have.
Yeah Spot On

Here's the Interview
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xZtdiJhdMM[/ame]
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #18
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm seems like a charactor.

I'm gonna youtube him.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #19
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

I yeh, i know who he is.

I think he will do well in boxing.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 12:13 AM   #20
Freakzilla
Yooo fookin' Rat
ESB Full Member

A few years back, I'm sure i read something on an MMA forum Paul Daley posted on that he tried to get a boxing license but the BBBofC wouldn't license him because he had been fighting MMA, which because there is no MMA commission in Britain, they define as "unlicensed"
Freakzilla is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 04:53 AM   #21
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
Daley ****ed up big time. He should stick to mma but i really can't see him getting the exposure of the UFC. For me him and Hardy were going to be the people White would keep on to help get the UK interested seeing as Bisping has been slipping.

Also i thought the punishment was a bit harsh. I know it was a real cheap move but is it as bad as the Hendo smashing bisping when he was out(don't think he was fined). Even more recently the Palhares submission at 111 were he wouldn't let go even after the guy had tapped (90 day suspension basically **** all when as he probably wouldn't be on for 3 months).
Totally different situation though. The ref had come between Daley and Koscheck, the fight was 100% over. With Hendo-Bisping, no one can know for sure that Hendo was aware that Bisping was totally out of it; he probably was aware, but with the heat of battle raging you have to give him the benefit of the doubt, plus the ref had not split the fighters (this is key - the fight was still officially on, unlike with the Koscheck-Daley bout, which was definitely over).

I'm less sure about the Palhares thing.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #22
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC View Post
Totally different situation though. The ref had come between Daley and Koscheck, the fight was 100% over. With Hendo-Bisping, no one can know for sure that Hendo was aware that Bisping was totally out of it; he probably was aware, but with the heat of battle raging you have to give him the benefit of the doubt, plus the ref had not split the fighters (this is key - the fight was still officially on, unlike with the Koscheck-Daley bout, which was definitely over).

I'm less sure about the Palhares thing.
Probably right on the Hendo thing bit of a **** comparison.

The Palhares one im almost sure the guy tapped several times and the ref asked him to break the hold but he kept going for a few seconds more.

The worst part about Daleys was you can't say it was heat of the moment which you can say for Hendo's not so much Palhares. Palhares also has a few of these on his record.

Either way thinking now Daley got what he deserved, shame though i liked to watch his fights but it looks like it will be a long time before he gets on tvs again.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #23
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Daley has a big left hook that he loads up nice and heavy. He could be successful in boxing. You never know but I think he is 5'9 and would be competing with Light Heavyweights as he looks like he kills himself to make 170. He's missed weight before.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #24
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

How about this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5v-x4wiYDs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I'm pretty sure Rampage knows Wanderlei is out.
I also pretty sure he felt Lavigne's arms wrapped around him as well.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #25
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

Looks like he is staying in mma for now.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
LHL is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #26
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

This might sound a bit bizzare but the Palhares 3 monthish suspension is actually WORSE than being cut ala Paul Daley. Fighters get paid per fight, you dont fight you dont get paid. Daley can go make a living after the usual post fight medical suspension is served so hes free to talk to Strikeforce or whoever whilst Palhares is still under contract and cant fight therefore cant make money.

As for Semtex being a boxer i dont see it. As mentioned he's missed weight before at 170 so he'd be looking at light heavy weight and 5ft9s on the small side for the weight. He's got a terrific shot in both hands but the torque he gets in his left hook is impressive (see dustin hazelett fight) Only thing is with the stances being so different in boxing and mma he might be able to get in position to load up on it plus you dont get the sort of time to throw those shots in boxing. Can see it being very tough for him, should stick to mma work on his takedown defense, get something that resembles a ground game and head to Strikeforce. It may suck but due to him being an idiot after kos fight its his best shot
jdawg is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum