I was just kidding
ashley is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 04:06 AM   #49
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 0
Default Re: NOW GIVE KATSIDIS HIS RESPECT! Forget Choc and Green

Great win for Kats. He sure shut Mitchell up in his own backyard. Lets hope anothe rbig fight looms for him soon.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #50
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

What are these allegations that Flamengo is referring to that Katsidis won't enter the country for ?
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 05:36 AM   #51
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Our P4P pecking order is Vic, followed by Kats, followed by plenty of daylight to 3rd IMO.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 05:39 AM   #52
saltmartin

Michael Katsidis - very likeable and decent guy, first time had seen him fight live in the UK. Top fighter, hope he takes on better opponents, could be a serious contender.

The step up in class seemed far too much for Kevin Mitchell and although he is still a young boxer it seems he could end up just fighting for domestic titles. Think its likely that will be the biggest promotion he will be involved with. Shame that after the fight he has started his excuses saying his home life wasnt helping.

The promoter Frank ****** will be embarrased - clearly looking for someone to fill the void left by Amir Khan.
saltmartin is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #53
04eta
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
Perhaps you can ring Brandan Smith and organise to pick them up at the airport. Im sure the welcoming party will extend far beyond yourself dickhead.
Unless you have more evidence you are making yourself foolish by coming out with ridiculous statements.
04eta is online now  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #54
04eta
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

MICHAEL Katsidis broke the hearts of British boxing fans before hinting at an Australian return after a stunning third round stoppage of previously unbeaten Englishman Kevin Mitchell in London today.
Sydney 2000 Olympian Katsidis, 29, demonstrated both patience and power as he retained his WBO interim lightweight title in devastating fashion.
A noisy crowd at the Upton Park home of West Ham United football club were left shellshocked and silenced after the sturdy Queenslander bombed out Mitchell, who entered the fight as the betting favourite.
Mitchell, 25, started the fight working off a solid left jab, but the Australian caught the challenger's attention with a couple of flurries of power punches in the first round.
The champion was again content to bide his time in the second, landing just the occasional blow, while Mitchell continued to work off his jab and fired off combinations.
Katsidis (27-2, 22 KOs) tilted the fight in his favour after he wobbled the Briton with a left hook inside the first 20 seconds of the third round.
Mitchell (31-1, 23 KOs) fought back bravely and even landed a few punches, but they failed to deter Katsidis.
The Australian landed another crunching left hook which stunned Mitchell, who was trapped on the ropes and took some more big shots before English referee Dave Parris stopped the bout.
"The media repeatedly asked me questions like `are you shot?'. If I've knocked out a bloke who is 31-0 you tell me that I'm shot,'' Katsidis said.
"The last two blokes I've beaten have been No.1 contenders and up and coming, so I'm better than I have ever been before.''
He hasn't fought in Australia since June 2006, but Katsidis suggested he was ready to return home.
"I believe we've created interest now for a fight back in Australia, that is a very big possibility,'' Katsidis said.
"If Australia wants me back, I 'm coming back.
"The support is there and I can feel people in Australia want me to come back and fight, so Im going to bring one of these so called big names to Australia.''
It was American-based Katsidis's second big win in Britain following his fifth round stoppage of Englishman Graham Earl at Wembley Arena in February 2007.
Yet another Englishman, British and European lightweight champion, John Murray, has reportedly expressed a desire to challenge Katsidis.
"He said he'd be happy to come to our backyard and fight, so that's of interest to us,'' Katsidis's trainer and manager Brendon Smith said.
Neither Katsidis nor Smith was concerned about whether Mexico's WBO Super lightweight champion Juan Manuel would finally agree to fight the Australian.
"Marquez had his opportunity to fight me, he said he couldn't make lightweight anymore and now all of a sudden he's fighting a lightweight bout with Juan Diaz, so I'm the rightful champion,'' Katsidis said.
Smith said they had pursued Marquez for quite a while and felt the multi-world title winning Mexican didn't want to fight Katsidis.
"We'll see what happens down the track, but Michael's making waves around the world and there's big fights out there with or without Juan Manuel Marquez,'' Smith said.
04eta is online now  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #55
Peterp
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Great performance but Mike but i do think Katsidis is heading towards Pavlik territory. His talent is being limited by his 'homegrown' trainer who has limited boxing knowledge.

Katsidis can get outboxed badly by a skilled opponent.
Peterp is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #56
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

See the interest generated in an Aussie v Brit dust up ? Re establishing the Commonwealth title would bring heaps more nights of fantastic boxing like , Congratulations to Mick Katsidis ,what a fighter ? iv'e always been a fan as some of you lads here know but what he done last night was rekindled the age old opinion that Australia produces some of the tough bastards in the sport, despite the work of some of your more famous boxers efforts to convince world boxing otherwise . Well done Kat's ...
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #57
DownUnderBoxing
Boxing Video Production
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Great to see a thread that is focused on a true champ!! Well done Michael.
DownUnderBoxing is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #58
DownUnderBoxing
Boxing Video Production
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterp View Post
Great performance but Mike but i do think Katsidis is heading towards Pavlik territory. His talent is being limited by his 'homegrown' trainer who has limited boxing knowledge.

Katsidis can get outboxed badly by a skilled opponent.
Thanks 4 That
DownUnderBoxing is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #59
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well I'm a Brit and we'd welcome Katsidis back any time,heck if he can't fight in Oz we'll adopt him he'd fill halls over here.You always get excitement with Katsidis he's a true warrior.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 11:10 AM   #60
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

"The last two blokes I've beaten have been No.1 contenders and up and coming, so I'm better than I have ever been before.'' Michael Katsidis

This is a great comment from Katsidis.

He has the world at his feet....
boxoncottonon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum