Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #16
Dece Bal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Prospects ratings

I liked Walsh a lot. De Gale is improving too. Everyone else was forgettable.
Dece Bal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #17
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

He's hardly been on the backfoot against these clowns

He countered well as an amateur, I assumed thats what he was going to become. He's a bit of a chameleon at the moment, I don't really know what he is.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #18
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

BJS did well considering he was out for 5 months which is a long time for a fighter at the start of their career. Not cool with the headbutts gotta be careful and stifled his own work quite a bit. Great work-rate and very educated body shots and upper cuts for a guy of 20. Very exciting prospect can see him being in some barn stormers down the line.
Gavins the real deal, cant take too much from this fight was stupidly cut again but looks the part against another bum. Forget Degale, this is the guy that needs the fast track he's not gonna learn anything from the guys he's fighting.
Degale was a 10/10 at times and a 5/5 in others seemed way too eager when he troubled Sam to make a statement he wasnt picking the right shots. When switch-hitting he gets caught square on a lot, that needs to be erased before he steps up as a quality fighter will drop him otherwise. This said in spurts he threw a wide variety of quality shots and is sitting down on them nicely now which is a big plus. Very quick hands and very judicious with his punches just needs to keep his focus throughout the fight.
Seen alot of Liam Walshy on the undercard of nights ive been to and hes a very polished fighter already with the better skill-set and attitude of the 3. Ryans definately improving but can see Michael having trouble like he did in his last fight on a regular basis if he doesnt drop the wannabe-naz crap.
jdawg is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #19
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
In the fights that i've seen he doesn't seem that comfortable on the back foot
Was pretty much a total counter puncher in the ams other quick in score with slaps and out that works well in that form of the sport. Its why it took him a few fights to get settled into the pro style, particularly in his 1st fight when his opponent was so negative they stunk the place out because James wasnt used to pressing the fight. He seems to have worked on that alot and I feel can become a well rounded fighter. His handspeed suggest he can keep his counter punching ability and be effective coming forward though he needs to work into positions behind a jab, he's just walking into range atm which'll be a no-no when he steps up
jdawg is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:33 AM   #20
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Think he takes anyone in that division domestically apart from Ricky Burns. get him the vacant Commonwealth or Skykes for the British. then take on guys like Lawton, Foster Jnr, Crolla, Femhiltolla, Morris, Johanesson in 2011 before moving to European level. Cannot see any of them causing him problems, he looks exceptional has every shot.

BJS needs to cut weight.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #21
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

for a gold medalist he's not great' groves beats him seven days a week. like i said on another thread, they don't shine, other less publicised lads on the undercard looked just as good and had the same caliber of opnent.
portside is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #22
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Franke Gavin, imo, is by far the best prospect you guys got. His boxing is a pure as it gets. He will be as close as it gets to a Floyd Mayweather, his boxing is a joy to behold, he is too white for his own good.

He makes De gale and all the other olympians look like novices. He is as pure a boxer as you guys will ever have.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #23
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Franke Gavin, imo, is by far the best prospect you guys got. His boxing is a pure as it gets. He will be as close as it gets to a Floyd Mayweather, his boxing is a joy to behold, he is too white for his own good.

He makes De gale and all the other olympians look like novices. He is as pure a boxer as you guys will ever have.
dont exagerate will you, he's a good boxer, will win many fights, but once he fights some reasonably solid oponents, its the full route every time. he,s an unexciting pure boxer,and john odonells a better one of them than he is, nevrmind f/m
portside is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #24
foolbos

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM5153 View Post
how would you rate ***ton???
He looks gay in your avatar
foolbos is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #25
SiccSense
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Didn't see the Walsh fight, Degale looked good in spurts, BJS was poor imo.
SiccSense is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 02:18 PM   #26
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
Originally Posted by portside View Post
dont exagerate will you, he's a good boxer, will win many fights, but once he fights some reasonably solid oponents, its the full route every time. he,s an unexciting pure boxer,and john odonells a better one of them than he is, nevrmind f/m
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 04:19 AM   #27
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by portside View Post

I didn't know O'Donnell was a homo***ual ? Or are you just a stalker ?

O'Donnell is a purer boxer than Gavin ???

Anyways....

DeGale - 7/10 - DeGale is a good boxer however as i've said before he seems to think that he has some divine right to neglect his skills and instead get a KO by any means ? He is a decent boxer but he is not showing it. Where is his jab ? I think DeGale will come a cropper soon enough and then we'll see a rebound a'la Khan. I actually think that getting beat will be the best thing that could happen to him. Also Groves would beat him 10/10 times. DeGale knows it as well by saying on Saturday its not about who's the best it's a race to a world title coz thats what its all about... He knows ****** will fasttrack him and avoid groves

Gavin - 9/10 - really impressive again. His movement in and out and his second phase attacks look class. I thought it was premature and would have liked him to get some rounds it but apart from that he's a class apart.

BJS - 9/10 - This is what i'd have liked gavin to get, some solid rounds in. Looked in a lot better shape and looked fast and pretty powerful. Needs to step back and allow himself some space sometimes instead of sitting in there but hopefully that will come with time.

***ton - 5/10 - Very unimpressive. Didn't deserve a draw and I still dont like him one bit.
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 04:37 AM   #28
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolbos View Post
He looks gay in your avatar
good one
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 09:43 AM   #29
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

gavin can't and won't outbox o'donnell ,he's faster' and a more experienced pro'. don't quote me when when somone else has made a comment on o,donnells ***uality, that was not my post, and my comments are strictly alighned to boxing.
portside is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #30
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

You basically think O'Donnell is amazing because he was born in Ireland, don't you?
TFFP is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum