Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Thumbs up Is ****** Losing His Tact?

Enzo-Haye: Enzo KO'd in 2.
Khan-Prescott: Khan KO'd in 1.
Katsidis-Mitchell: Mitchell KO'd in 3.

****** is usually extremely astute when picking bouts for his roster of fighters, but is he now getting a bit reckless with his decisions? I'm not complaining as it's nice to see a promoter as experienced as Frank putting his fighters in with dangerous opponents, but is it just me or has he made some really terrible decisions in the last year or so with his established names?
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Default Re: Is ****** Losing His Tact?

In Hindsight yes they been shocking decisions really but we all know the great saying about hindsight.

To Be Honest the only fight i didn't expect a loss was Khan-Prescott..he tried lay blame elsewhere.

I personally think his opinion and philosophy has changed since he lost Naz and Hatton who he built and they left him with there 0 in tact. I think he takes more risks as he knows good things don't always last forever.

I personally prefer this ******..for obvious reasons.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
Enzo-Haye: Enzo KO'd in 2.
Khan-Prescott: Khan KO'd in 1.
Katsidis-Mitchell: Mitchell KO'd in 3.

****** is usually extremely astute when picking bouts for his roster of fighters, but is he now getting a bit reckless with his decisions? I'm not complaining as it's nice to see a promoter as experienced as Frank putting his fighters in with dangerous opponents, but is it just me or has he made some really terrible decisions in the last year or so with his established names?

Think with Enzo - Haye, ****** like many others thought Haye would be weight drained.

Khan vs Prescott was a bad move, but I think ****** was badly advised by Khans trainer. To be fair to ******, the Barrera fight propelled Khan straight back to the top. Genius really.

Mitchell vs Katsidis was a bad move too, but I, along with many thought the K.M. had the ability to outbox Katsidis.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
safc1990
Goodbye Bolo :(
ESB Addict

vCash: 2952

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
Think with Enzo - Haye, ****** like many others thought Haye would be weight drained.

Khan vs Prescott was a bad move, but I think ****** was badly advised by Khans trainer. To be fair to ******, the Barrera fight propelled Khan straight back to the top. Genius really.

Mitchell vs Katsidis was a bad move too, but I, along with many thought the K.M. had the ability to outbox Katsidis.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing
Haye and Booth sold them and virtually all of us hook, line and sinker.
safc1990 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

well he is gaining respect for putting his fighters in fights that are risky and arent guaranteed wins
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #6
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by safc1990 View Post
Haye and Booth sold them and virtually all of us hook, line and sinker.
Yeah, smart move by the Hayemakers. I was gobsmacked that Macca got smoked so badly, although in retrospect I feel foolish. Remember being gutted for Enzo, was convinced he'd win. Naive of me.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #7
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

you could list 500 fights since 2008 where he has got it right.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Rob, I'm on about career-defining decisions with his cashcows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyvid View Post
well he is gaining respect for putting his fighters in fights that are risky and arent guaranteed wins
Yeah, I've already made that point, mate. What I'm saying is as a promoter with as much experience as he has, he has made those gambles for a reason. The Haye cruiserweight weight issue is one good reason for a gamble - that said it was coming off of Haye's career best win at that point in time - but why the hell did he make the Prescott and Katsidis fights? I still don't understand the logic behind either.

Is he now being forced to make these fights as his relationship with the WBO is now so cosy that his fighters get title shots before they have proven they are ready? Is ****** trying to make quick money all of a sudden? He's making massive gambles all of a sudden, and I like it!

Go Frank!
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I just wish he'd have a bit more humility in defeat rather than pointing the finger at everybody except himself.

Sometimes the opponent is just better.

He'd be the last promoter I'd sign with - he's not a ''promoter'' at all in the strictest sense, he doesn't promote his fighters, instead just sticking them on some undercard with a flashy title or feeding them to someone that they shouldn't really be in with due to poor opposition in the lead up.

And guess who's to blame for that.....

Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #10
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I bet Frank took a right hit last nite what was the purse for this fight? Something like 500k for a WBO interim title fight . I bet Katsidis had thought he had won the lottery he got about 80% being champ I think?

Then the poor showing of 14k at Upton Park which would of cost an arm and a leg to hire for the night, poor Franky!!
skel1983 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #11
Chud
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1526

where 13 fights on saturday and with the exception Mitchell-Katsidis, nobody took a round off the house fighters and only 2 10-10 ones. ***** is serious against putting on fights where the 'opponent' even has a chance. not one competitive fight to be had.

only at times like mandatorys does his little formula go awry
Chud is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #12
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Maybe he's just getting more carefree in old age.

You say they were 'terrible' decisions, but were they? Terrible in the fact they lost, or terrible matches? 1 of the 2 fighters has to lose ultimately...

Where else was Enzo going? He was a world champion with numerous defences under his belt. He had to try and unify eventually and they made decent money doing so.

Kevin Mitchell has outgrown domestic level, he had the chance to fight for a world title he was ranked for. We'd been complaining he had been stagnating so was it terrible to see if he sinks or swims?

Khan/Prescott was the only one that looks a big mistake because there was nothing to even gain out of that fight against an unknown guy with a punchers record whereas the above had it all to play for.

Somebody has to lose
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #13
Chud
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1526

Khan/Prescott happened because Khan's cuban trainer had seen Prescott and thought that it would be a good fight for him. not *****'s doing, he just reluctantly ok'd it
Chud is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #14
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru

Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
vCash: 1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
I bet Frank took a right hit last nite what was the purse for this fight? Something like 500k for a WBO interim title fight . I bet Katsidis had thought he had won the lottery he got about 80% being champ I think?

Then the poor showing of 14k at Upton Park which would of cost an arm and a leg to hire for the night, poor Franky!!
14000 fans for a non-title fight heading an uncompetitive undercard is 'poor'?
Cobbler is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #15
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru

Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
vCash: 1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfer_Words View Post
Rob, I'm on about career-defining decisions with his cashcows.
They only seem career defining when they lose. If Khan had boxed Prescott to a UD nobody would look on it as a career defining fight.
Cobbler is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum