Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-16-2010, 06:11 AM   #1
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 895
Default Kevin Mitchell cut corners in his training apparently

Suprised no else has posted this yet but FW really is angry with Mighty Kev, Jimmy Tibbs and Kev have come out and said that he had a bad camp sounds like he might have had a few personal problems well here's the link anyway [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

To be honest I was worried from the weigh in and the ring entrance he was cackin it you could see he looked nervous. I said to my friend he will need a good start and get out of the first few rounds if he was to stand a chance, I wish I put more money on it now.
royalt0208 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #2
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kevin Mitchell cut corners in his training apparently

I reckon it's just excuses to try and convince people he's better than he looked.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:18 AM   #3
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

to be honest Mitchell always looks that way I don't think he was overly nervous. always looks like he is about to cry.

he was just not prepared in general. we are hearing stories about the training, which is worrying.

also he wasnt prepared for world class level due to fighting a poor level of opponent. this meant he was not physically or mentally prepared to do what he needed last night.

Mitchell needs to gradually get himself down to Super Featherweight and build up there at european level
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 06:25 AM   #4
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b View Post
I reckon it's just excuses to try and convince people he's better than he looked.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:29 AM   #5
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
to be honest Mitchell always looks that way I don't think he was overly nervous. always looks like he is about to cry.

he was just not prepared in general. we are hearing stories about the training, which is worrying.

also he wasnt prepared for world class level due to fighting a poor level of opponent. this meant he was not physically or mentally prepared to do what he needed last night.

Mitchell needs to gradually get himself down to Super Featherweight and build up there at european level
This shows up FW's bumb feeding it doesn't matter how much talent a guy has if you are used to taking on opponents of a certain level it's always going to be hard to conjoure something up when you don't have the experience.
Loved how Frankie made a mockery of his opponent yday I knew it was a joke of an opponent when they first announced it. No one is saying Frank should throw his fighters into murderous fights but when you are fighting someone like Ignacio Mendoza as a tune up for Michael Katsidis it is beyond a joke. Fighters need at least 5 fights against top 50 opponents (2 of which are at least top 25) before stepping up to world class and well picked ones at that, Kev faced 2 and neither of them were experienced top fighters that would have taught Kev something and given a gaige of where he is in terms of talent and in standing in the division.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #6
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

I've found that fighters regularly have crap training camps just prior to being defeated.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #7
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalt0208 View Post
This shows up FW's bumb feeding it doesn't matter how much talent a guy has if you are used to taking on opponents of a certain level it's always going to be hard to conjoure something up when you don't have the experience.
It's the same old story isn't? How many ****** prospects come a cropper at world level due to this same inexperience? You'd thought he learnt his lesson by now.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #8
boxingscience
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 583

he got banged out by the better fighter simple as. i'm not believing this crap training camp excuse. put him in there with katsidis again, and the same will happen again.
boxingscience is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:37 AM   #9
Pecsaetan
It's egg in soup!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 204

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingscience View Post
he got banged out by the better fighter simple as. i'm not believing this crap training camp excuse. put him in there with katsidis again, and the same will happen again.
Pecsaetan is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:45 AM   #10
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Can't argue with what the promoter is saying...

It's totally upto Kevin Mitchell...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:45 AM   #11
aqualung
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Dirty ****** needs to take some of the blame for this defeat. Mitchell was nowhere near world title level yet, he should have been fighting for an EBU belt last night, he's a year or maybe two away from world level.

****** has had him on the back burner for years fighting a lower standard of opponent and I think he threw Mitchell in at the deep end of a high profile fight in an attempt to generate another cash cow now Khan has left him.
aqualung is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #12
NSFW
ESB interacial lovin...
ESB Addict

vCash: 2266

Mitchell was never going to be near world level. Katsidis is a good hard punching fighter who deserves a place in the top 15 but is far from elite. This fight was made becausde people though Kat was ready for the taking.

Fact is Mitchell is a decent possibly European level fighter.
NSFW is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #13
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
It's the same old story isn't? How many ****** prospects come a cropper at world level due to this same inexperience? You'd thought he learnt his lesson by now.
Another problem is that a lot of FW fighters are quite inactive just look at Kell Brook now and further back a good example is Nicky Cook before his fight with Luevano he was out of the ring for 7 months against Harry Ramogoadi and had only 4 fights in 3 years.

That's one thing I am very impressed with Ricky Hatton so far. He keeps his fighters very busy and he doesn't do this through using the survival first 12-79 British journeymen, he brings in lots of decent international oppo for opponents rather and it means that not only do their resumees look better but they are getting the tests they need before stepping up and they are facing different more unpredictable styles all very important in the upbringing of a up and coming Boxer.
Look at how he has handled Scott Quigg he is facing Andriy Kostin (according to Box Rec) next which will be his third opponent in a row that is very durable and has faced the a-z of top European fighters at his weight and it gives them a very good gage of where he stands at his weight and it gets him some decent rounds. Also look at how Martin Murray and Marc Thompson have gone from having the bum of the month type records that left them in no mans land domestically to having faced the level of oppo that he left them at the top of their domestic divisions in a position to look for decent fights.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:50 AM   #14
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC View Post
I've found that fighters regularly have crap training camps just prior to being defeated.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:00 AM   #15
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post

Without proper experience at a good level you are always going to fall short against opponents like Katsidis.

A grand total of one fight at domestic level (more than two years ago) is not adequate by any means.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum