Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #16
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Kevin Mitchell cut corners in his training apparently

Mitchell should of defended his british title and moved up to European level for a few years before he jumped up in class
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #17
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 895

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Mitchell should of defended his british title and moved up to European level for a few years before he jumped up in class
He shouldn't have had 25 fights against low level journeymen. When you are 31-0 we should not be talking about a lack of experience what a joke.
royalt0208 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #18
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I'm more concerned about Brook than Mitchell to be honest.

At least Kevin had beaten an opponent in the top 100 before getting a big fight - and had faced a half decent banger in Johanneson..... which still wasn't adequate.

Brook's record comprises the weakest assortment of journeymen and feather fisted boxer types I can think of, when comparing Brits with a Lonsdale for keeps.

Any welter in the top 20 would beat the living **** out of him, Jennings probably outpoints him also.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #19
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post

Yep, he's at the right age (25) for this sort of fight moving up fight but he should have had 2 years of Euro defences and world top 20-30 fights under his belt before hand.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 AM   #20
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post

At least Kevin had beaten an opponent in the top 100 before getting a big fight - and had faced a half decent banger in Johanneson..... which still wasn't adequate.

Brook's record comprises the weakest assortment of journeymen and feather fisted boxer types I can think of, when comparing Brits with a Lonsdale for keeps.

Any welter in the top 20 would beat the living **** out of him, Jennings probably outpoints him also.
Brook at least defended his British title a few times. the opponents were not great but guys like Lomax and certainly McIntyre was not seen as a walk over before hand.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #21
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3010

The worst thing is he's having a go at Khan for sending a few naughty Photo's and being up in a LA club, when he himself is getting kicked out by his gf/wife and sent packing to his moms every other day, what kind of *******s is that? How are you gonna prepare for the bigget match of your career with that nonsense going on in the background.
No wonder ****** didnt offer as much as a look in his direction after the fight. ****** must have stuymped up alot of cash for the joint, and unless he gets Katsidis onside. he'll have seen it as a loss.
mugen82 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #22
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

You are right about McIntyre, definitely beforehand, but he just fell over like an American against a Klitschko really.

Lomax hadn't beaten anyone of note really.... and Elwell had already been stopped several times.

He needs to fight someone capable of taking a shot, even Matthew Hatton would be a big step up in class for him, as daft as it sounds.

Not likely to happen, for obvious reasons.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #23
Jetset78
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3653

If the article is accurate and Mitchell hasnt been committed to training for the biggest fight of his life and after ****** *****ed over $500k to promote the fight, then he deserved to get spanked in the ring and also dropped by ******.
Jetset78 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #24
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
You are right about McIntyre, definitely beforehand, but he just fell over like an American against a Klitschko really.

Lomax hadn't beaten anyone of note really.... and Elwell had already been stopped several times.

He needs to fight someone capable of taking a shot, even Matthew Hatton would be a big step up in class for him, as daft as it sounds.

Not likely to happen, for obvious reasons.
Jennings is probably at the level of a good european level fighter. Hopefully it a decent fight. Brook can avoid anyone spectacular with the WBO
Old 05-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #25
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Brook hasn't got past Jennings yet......
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #26
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 895

Quote:

Exactly. Bienias really was a horror opponent how that was a world title eliminator was a disgrace. He may have been 38-3 and world ranked but that was purely based upon the bs intercontinetal title , in his next fight he won a MD against a fighter with a 2-15 record in his hometown.

This sort of **** opponent does his fighters no favours. I mean why the **** was he facing Stewart Elwell in a British Title fight, if he was a late replacement like Billy Boyle for Clev or way down on the undercard like he was with Lomax then I could understand but he wasn't that really was a disgraceful opponent.

One thing I will say in sticking up for Frank is that he needs a TV deal and a proper one because it's hard to be doing everything I (and we) are all asking for without one. He needs a show like Top Rank and Golden Boy have he needs 20+ TV dates minimum to keep all his fighters busy and getting in the right opponents for them. Until he does a lot of fighters are going to struggle sadly. And that is bad for British Boxing because our best fighters are with him and no other promoter has the resources, ability and the TV dates themselves to really make a top tier fighter.
royalt0208 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #27
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

His prospects should get off their "high horse" and get some fights in on the FFN shows.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #28
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
His prospects should get off their "high horse" and get some fights in on the FFN shows.
It's never done Rendall Munroe any harm......
Old 05-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #29
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
It seems like Frank only puts his prospects, especially the Olympian, on the big cards. That's wrong, these guys need to be fighting more regularly. Frank hasn't put on a domestic card since Smith-Dodson ffs.

Instead of keeping the likes of Burns and Jennings waiting for a big fight he needs to get them fighting for British/Euro titles. Put the prospects on the undercard.

Frank seems to have neglected his fighters who have found their level and won't be making the step up to world level. he seems to be focussing entirely on the prospects.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:52 AM   #30
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I think Jennings will show up all of Brooks mistakes. Brook is THE most overrated 'prospect' in Britain.

I honestly think he is feather fisted as well.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum