Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #16
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: Thoughts on the Undercard fighters last night: DeGale, Chisora, Gavin, Burns.....

They all performed well except Burns who looked lacklusture. Wouldn't be the first time Hamidi has made a rated fighter look bad though...
TFFP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #17
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Thoughts on the Undercard fighters last night: DeGale, Chisora, Gavin, Burns.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bellew View Post
thought Frankie was brilliant, he will never have one of them super looking bodies but the kid does train hard!! Very hard, You couldn't not train hard and be under Farnell!! The guy takes no prisoners... I think Frankie is growing all the time and also maturing.. Im not saying he can't make 10st but it will be tough.. I think we'll see him crowned at 10st then maybe move up??
if he is working as hard as you say he is then it must be something away from the gym thats the problem. i.e Diet.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #18
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

degale looked good when he turned his punches over proper. but groves is well ahead of him in every dept, saunders will do well to get past brit level on that form, may improve his power if he drops a division. to quick to judge gavin, though looks like a boxer who rises to a chalenge, needs better oposition now not later or he'll get complacent. to be honest the olmpians didn't really shine, the walsh brothers young george carman,etc never went to know olmpics but look just as capable as them to be sucessfull boxers ,given the chance.
portside is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #19
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

groves will murder degale right now IMO. Degale has not imrpoved much since he turned pro to be honest, still punching incorrectly, looping shots, no movement of the head coming in. He will get picked off to **** when he steps up.

Burns fought far too square on throughout his fight.

Frankie is class.

BJS is a very skillfull fighter, but lacks power at middleweight. Wonder if he could make LMW.

Danny williams was ****ed before he got in the ring. We learnt chisora is a decent fninisher
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #20
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
groves will murder degale right now IMO. Degale has not imrpoved much since he turned pro to be honest, still punching incorrectly, looping shots, no movement of the head coming in. He will get picked off to **** when he steps up.

Burns fought far too square on throughout his fight.

Frankie is class.

BJS is a very skillfull fighter, but lacks power at middleweight. Wonder if he could make LMW.

Danny williams was ****ed before he got in the ring. We learnt chisora is a decent fninisher
your correct burns was square on a few times but hardly throughout the fight? to say degale isn't improving is nonsense,he was slipping and countering shot really good last night i don't know what you were watching my freind?
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #21
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
your correct burns was square on a few times but hardly throughout the fight? to say degale isn't improving is nonsense,he was slipping and countering shot really good last night i don't know what you were watching my freind?
many on here have a clouded judgment of degale. the hate started on this forum the second he won the gold medal.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:26 PM   #22
RyDogg123
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1028

Degale looked QUALITY IMO. This country hates people with confidence! In America he'd be loved!

Frankie looked good, he cant go to 147 though... look at Kell Brook and then look at him! Physical mismatch, although skillset i fancy Frankie.

Burns looked goodish against a guy tyhat doesnt come to fight.

Liam Walsh is extremely good! Needs to be moved on to domestic level NOW

Chisora was bound to look good against Williams... Just sad to see Williams go out like that really

BJJ is quality i think... he looks like he can get down to welter i think (i had a few drinks) but my judgement is still decent!
RyDogg123 is online now  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #23
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

De Gale has everything imo, just the thing between his ears and his hunger worries me.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:28 PM   #24
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1264

No worries about DeGale, he might not be the robot people want him to be but I cant see many people causing him trouble.... World level for sure.
Abertawe is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #25
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

I thought DeGale Looked Decent.

To many arseholes in crowd saying he had no power..the same guys calling him a prick before fight...the same guys who fought he was fighting for European Title.
He doesn't need one punch knockout power when he lands accurate shots, Maybe needs to turn glove over and sit on shots but power will develop as he grows into weight and into level.

To Easy For Him At The Moment,
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #26
under the wire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: When u sleepin im workin, when u workin im workin too
vCash: 500

Saunders didnt look a million dollars.
under the wire is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:55 PM   #27
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

One Thing I've Noticed...People were never so critical of Darren Sutherland...some of us were critical of his professional bouts but a lot of posters on here and across board were saying he's the man, he's the next big thing, DeGale ain't gonna do as well as him.

Well I remember him fighting a eastern European journeyman and being cut and looking really poor and losing a few rounds to guy and being buzzed. Yet DeGale is fighting similar guy if not now a level above that and looking like he's finding it all to easy.

I think people need to lay off lad..forget his personality and recognize his skills. I think Khan's a prick but give him props for his display last night. Boxing ain't about nice guys.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #28
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

DeGale does seem hungry to me. We've yet to see him show his hunger and desire in terms of turning around a bad situation in the ring but thats the same for any prospect. As far as wanting to be brought along faster and seemingly enjoying life in the ring DeGale is unmatched amongst the rest of them, he seems really enthusiastic.

Hopefully he's the same when someone whacks him and maybe hurts him, we don't need any Vic Ortiz's.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #29
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

De Gale - is the classiest prospect out of the lot and I believe he will win a world title.

BJS - seems to have issues with his hands - I dont know, but I think there is a top class boxer trying to get out of him - he seems to have something holding him back - injuries, motivation, other??

Burns - I do not rate above domestic level

Gavin - looks like a good domestic prospect, but I am not sure about higher than that tbc

Chisora looks like the best heavyweight in Britain (well, either him or Dallas). But, he cannot take any kudos from beating that version of Danny Williams last night - Williams was there for one last paycheck.

Liam Walsh - I didnt see him last night, but from what I have seen from him I really like - he looks like a quality prospect...
gasman is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 03:01 AM   #30
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
They all performed well except Burns who looked lacklusture. Wouldn't be the first time Hamidi has made a rated fighter look bad though...
Burns hasn't boxed in 11 months and you want him to look outstanding against someone who doesn't want to fight, i think your being a little unfair after all this man took everything john murry could throw at him and hes a top lightweight and some would say was lucky to get the verdict were as ricky won 7 rounds and drew 1 a bit more convincing me think? the better the opponent burns fights the better you will see of him.all the best.BN.
billy nelson is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum