Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #31
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Someone please tell me why losing one fight is so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
He's can be brawler no doubt, but take the Diaz fight or even the Earl one... lots and lots of trading.
thats why i was surprised at how easy it was to get mitchell out there. last time i saw mitchell in a war was against carl johanneson and he took some punnishment that night. his durability and heart was what won that fight for him and then you see him getting blitzed by katsiedis?! could it be that mitchell isnt suited to the higher weight? should he move down again?
s23041983 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #32
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
He's can be brawler no doubt, but take the Diaz fight or even the Earl one... lots and lots of trading.
People seem to forget, Earl was a big stepup for Kats at the time.

Add to that the travelling, backyard etc.

That was Kats going from his own home grown domestic to what we might say European.

His domestic situation was not even close to our general domestic scene.
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 03:58 AM   #33
bigboxingfan
Hypejob
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

The problem is not only that he lost, but also that he has never really had enough things in his armor to convince me that he is world class. Exactly what skills/tools does Mitchell have that I would think he is world class?

I just can't see a world class boxer when I see Mitchell. That is also why I couldn't understand why people were so confident about him against Katsidis (I bet money on Katsidis).

The comparison with Khan is a mistake. Khan has some qualities and natural ability that nobody in his division has. At 140 pounds Khan is by far, by far the Fastest puncher, and arguably the fastest p4p in the world atm. He has skill and can land good combos with great speed and accuracy. Khan has good reach and a world class jab that he can use effectively. Yes he has a suspect chin, but he has world class qualities that can make up for it.

I just can't see what world-class qualities Mitchell has. Maybe I am missing something? Maybe he will come back and show us that? I would be happy to see him do that but I just can't see it happen
bigboxingfan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum