Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #31
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Fighters your emotionally attached to..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIK1000 View Post
Yeah I wanted to cry when Hatton went down. I was in a room full of mates and I would have got ripped though. No Homo.

Mate i couldnt help it , it was a 100% natural bodily reaction !!!!! LOL .
thewinfella is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #32
brown_bomber
BROWN BOMBER
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1597

i felt sorry for meldrick taylor, i was watching legendary nights on taylor vs chavez and they showed what taylor looks like now, his speech is very slurred and he looked in a right mess, i don't think i was emotionally attached to him , but it was very bad to see

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4fkqBvP244[/ame]

from 5 mins 50
brown_bomber is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #33
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by under the wire View Post
Froch in a way. Such a brave fearless warrior. I was gutted when he lost. And of course my man Paulie.
I'm emotionally attached to under the wire's avatar...

...or is that off topic?
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #34
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by primadonna kool View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

i want to know, what fighters your emotionally attached to..? Beyond fan and a supporter.

I don't care if, no one reads what i'm about to write....well as long as one person reads it.......i'm ok with that.

i've never really been emotionally attached to a fighter since mike tyson. I wasn't a fan, i was there with mike tyson inside of the ring, i was almost in his corner in his last years.

What memories he gave me..............i remember crying myself to sleep when mike tyson lost to kevin mcribe. I wasn't one of these mike tyson fanatics that where stupid, who thought he would beat king kong.......i was a realist.

I was put on a week long depressed and angry state, when mike tyson was beaten by lennox lewis. "i was a fan of lennox lewis" but not emotionally attached.

You know...like football fans are to there team, like all the liverpool fans.

When mike tyson retired, i became very bitter towards him. Pretty much like teddy atlas, and that's when i started to become real about mike tyson.

You see i hold evander holyfield and lennox lewis in higher regard.

But mike tyson was just something else, and i don't think another boxer will ever grab a hold of me like mike tyson did.

These days, i'm a fan of fighters. But i can leave the room, and run to the kitchen to get a drink. And carry on listening to the fight from afar, its no big deal. Sometimes even though i'm supporting a fighter, if it's become a one sided fight.

I actually want the other guy, to start fighting back more. Tag the fighter i'm supporting, and hurt him, ohhhhhhh what the hek smack him about abit.

Just for my own satisfaction and entertainment, you know...its makes it more an event.

But..

When mike was fighting i couldn't leave the room. I was on the edge of my chair, and at times i just couldn't bare the pressure. Before a fight, i felt nervous as hell and would pace up and down my living room...as if i was preparing to fight myself...........unbelievable feeling.

"it was like being on some kind of psychological drug"

no fighter since has ever did this to me, many people on here may think i'm a bigger fan of roy jones junior. Because i very rarely speak about mike tyson, in recent threads ive even made comments like this........

"can't find the thread...but i was stating that larry holmes would beat a prime mike tyson and some other stuff"........search engine if ****ing shit!!!!!

Because in a way, i was left hurt by how mike tyson left the game. We all waited patiently, for the old mike tyson to return, like christians and religious folk hold on....they just hold on.

"and wait for christ to reappear........."

i hung on his every word, and interview week after week. Maybe it was because i was young, and i was at the influential stage in my life "when you look up to people", but when you become a man, things change....and you want people to look upto you................

"i'm second to no one..."

i'm quite a arragont person, i compare myself to david haye. I'm not a bad person, but by my own admittances i'm a primadonna, but my heart is in the right place, thats all that matters. Very few people can get to my heart in life, but mike tyson was one of those people.

Ive never returned to tysontalk.com since his final fight, i don't watch his fights on a daily basis like i used to, or listen to interviews over and over again, and i don't speak of him to friends or during training.

But sometimes when i'm training, and no one's around. "i still want to be like mike"...i may walk in the pub in a nice fitted t-shirt, with my traps and shoulders on display.

And as i make my entrance, i will twitch my neck back and fourth. "and nod to afew local peeps.........just like mike.

He was not a superstar, he was beyond that.

This might sound gay, but it must of been love. Or something like it, and some people say your heart can only love once.

Fighters like audley harrison, danny williams, roy jones junior, evander holyfield have got my respect.........but its just not the same.

And i don't know if it ever will be...
08457 90 90 90
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #35
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 172

For some reason, Miguel Cotto...

I was devestated as I watched Margarito beat him into a pulp and, last year, when watching Pacquaio do the same.
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #36
harvinmagler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1450

Floyd, get buzzing when i see him fight
harvinmagler is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #37
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

nigel benn,nigel benn and nigel benn.
the man was a warrior,he was knocking people over for fun in the early days(and when he stepped up he carried on)
i look at other prospects now around the middle/supermidddle,and no one compares to him for his animal ferociousness,if i was in the other corner,i would of prob shit meself,turned to my trainer and twated him for getting me the fight
widdy is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 PM   #38
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Rafael Marquez, Juan Manuel Marquez, Jose Luis Castillo and Fernando Montiel.

Really puts me into a downer if any of them four lose.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #39
Wickio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Mc View Post
For some reason, Miguel Cotto...

I was devestated as I watched Margarito beat him into a pulp and, last year, when watching Pacquaio do the same.
Seems to be a common one amongst the Brit posters. Wonder what it is about him.
Wickio is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #40
Little Tyson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1284

Carl Froch and used to be Hatton.
Little Tyson is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #41
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Usually, just British fighters because they are British it gives you a connection. You are uniting behind the flag more than anything. I find it difficult to idolise or hero worship any boxer because they are flawed humans like the rest of us so there is nothing to idolise.

I live for fights like Marquez vs Vasquez. Those are the sort of fights and rivalries that make me watch every fight in hope of that sort of display.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #42
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Young View Post
Paulie....The guy got kicked out of school, and his gradfather took him to the gym, hoping that he would get his ass beat to make him get in line....Instead he found out he was good at it...and this "dead end kid" made it, while having very little power all throughtout his carear...

He is a real as you can get, when he speaks....Always makes the effort to reachout to his fans....

Took an ass beating from cotto, and cameback to win a world title...Will fight anybody no matter what the odds.....and when he loses, still fights his heart out every step of the way.....

His documentary on his life is really good....a motivating story of defeat and triumph...all the sht paulie gets from people need to watch it....It will make the haters think twice about paulie....

and of course how can you forget this...
I ****ing love Paulie Malinaggi too.

I mean, i'm not emotionally attached, but man whats not to like about the guy!?

He fights everybody and anybody in any location.

He has decent skills.

He has a great chin and an even bigger heart.

A great character.

An honest fighter and an honest man.

Very respectful towards other fighters, despite what other might think.

Also, despite his dodgy image (and it is dodgy), he comes across to me as a very intelligent guy, someone who I feel i could hang with and enjoy his company.

I hope there is still good fights out there for him after the Khan defeat.
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #43
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickio View Post
Seems to be a common one amongst the Brit posters. Wonder what it is about him.
yeah, I think everyone has a soft spot for miguel..

Probably a lot to do with him being a warrior in the ringa and a gentleman outside, everybody loves that
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #44
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Yeh i'm also a big fan of Miguel Cotto, but of course not to the depths...i was a supporter and emotionally attached to Iron Mike Tyson.

One of my greatest memories from last year, in boxing. Was the Miguel Cotto vs Manny Pac weigh in. I don't know what it was, but that 2 pounds coming down in weight...it just defined something for me. Like there was allot of talk before the fight, that Miguel Cotto is maybe struggling to make 147, and allot of people annoyed by the catch weight situation that Manny Pac's camp was making fighters come down in weight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvTTuTe6kKA[/ame]

Just the way the crowd cheered when, his weight of 145 was called out. He looked strong and focused, i was so hyped.

"Just the feeling, it gave me....i felt like fighting Manny Pac myself"

Carl Froch is also growing on me, like i said before i don't think any boxer will ever get to me like Mike Tyson did.........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1PN_uzggu4[/ame]

I always like to listen to what fighters say, some fighters don't really like to be exsposed emotionally. But guys like Carl Froch...........they don't say whats on there mind. They say whats in their heart, and i respect that....

I think Carl Froch says something about, not plane sailing through life.

"Thats not me"

This quote always stood out to me, and meant something to me aswell.

Simple Words, but if you live these words out..........it can make a big difference in life.

People are afraid of failure, but if you never fail....all that it shows is that you have never lived.

Don't be afraid..!!!

Carl Froch always strikes me, as the type of person to live in this manner.

Last edited by Primadonna Kool; 05-17-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #45
JCB123
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post

I want to know, what fighters your emotionally attached to..? beyond fan and a supporter.

I don't care if, no one reads what i'm about to write....well as long as one person reads it.......i'm ok with that.

I've never really been emotionally attached to a fighter since Mike Tyson. I wasn't a fan, i was there with Mike Tyson inside of the ring, i was almost in his corner in his last years.

What memories he gave me..............i remember crying myself to sleep when Mike Tyson lost to Kevin Mcribe. I wasn't one of these Mike Tyson fanatics that where stupid, who thought he would beat king kong.......i was a realist.

I was put on a week long depressed and angry state, when Mike Tyson was beaten by Lennox Lewis. "I was a fan of Lennox Lewis" but not emotionally attached.

You know...like football fans are to there team, like all the Liverpool fans.

When Mike Tyson retired, i became very bitter towards him. Pretty much like Teddy atlas, and that's when i started to become real about Mike Tyson.

You see i hold Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis in higher regard.

But Mike Tyson was just something else, and i don't think another boxer will ever grab a hold of me like Mike Tyson did.

These days, I'm a fan of fighters. But i can leave the room, and run to the kitchen to get a drink. And carry on listening to the fight from afar, its no big deal. Sometimes even though I'm supporting a fighter, if it's become a one sided fight.

I actually want the other guy, to start fighting back more. Tag the fighter I'm supporting, and hurt him, ohhhhhhh what the hek smack him about abit.

Just for my own satisfaction and entertainment, you know...its makes it more an event.

But..

When Mike was fighting i couldn't leave the room. I was on the edge of my chair, and at times i just couldn't bare the pressure. Before a fight, i felt nervous as hell and would pace up and down my living room...as if i was preparing to fight myself...........unbelievable feeling.

"it was like being on some kind of psychological drug"

No fighter since has ever did this to me, many people on here may think I'm a bigger fan of Roy Jones Junior. Because i very rarely speak about Mike Tyson, in recent threads ive even made comments like this........

"Can't find the thread...but i was stating that Larry Holmes would beat a prime Mike Tyson and some other stuff"........search engine if ****ing shit!!!!!

Because in a way, i was left hurt by how Mike Tyson left the game. We all waited patiently, for the old Mike Tyson to return, like Christians and religious folk hold on....they just hold on.

"And wait for Christ to reappear........."

I hung on his every word, and interview week after week. Maybe it was because i was young, and i was at the influential stage in my life "when you look up to people", but when you become a man, things change....and you want people to look upto you................

"I'm second to no one..."

I'm quite a arragont person, i compare myself to David Haye. I'm not a bad person, but by my own admittances I'm a primadonna, but my heart is in the right place, thats all that matters. Very few people can get to my heart in life, but Mike Tyson was one of those people.

Ive never returned to TysonTalk.com since his final fight, i don't watch his fights on a daily basis like i used to, or listen to interviews over and over again, and i don't speak of him to friends or during training.

But sometimes when i'm training, and no one's around. "I still want to be like Mike"...i may walk in the pub in a nice fitted t-shirt, with my traps and shoulders on display.

And as i make my entrance, i will twitch my neck back and fourth. "And nod to afew local peeps.........just like Mike.

He was not a superstar, he was beyond that.

This might sound gay, but it must of been love. Or something like it, and some people say your heart can only love once.

Fighters like Audley Harrison, Danny Williams, Roy Jones Junior, Evander Holyfield have got my respect.........but its just not the same.

And i don't know if it ever will be...
Best post i have ever read on ESB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyson is the reason i got into boxing & he is still the only fighter to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end!!!!!

Quality Primadonna Kool
JCB123 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum