Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2010, 06:31 AM   #16
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Frank ****** Express !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
But that is exactly the point. In your own words he has..."had 30 fights to develop" but has stepped up "from British to world without going through euro".
So his 30 fight development has been a joke. He has been fed guys who he could walk through, where he was expected to get the KO and so has become more and more eager to stand and trade, has only been hurt perhaps once and won by simple grit and standing and firing back.

A loss in his 15th fight or his 20th fight would not have been a big deal, or several highly durable guys earlier that meant he was not seen as a KO artist and did not have to try and live up to that branding, would also have helped.
He went from fighting journeymen (with two exceptions) to a world level puncher who is at his most dangerous for the first few rounds.
I can't argue with this mate TBH.

I think i am more pissed off about the whole loss and the way it happened. IMO regardless of his previous record, surely survival instincts are taught to a fighter.

Mind you, watching the fight against Johanneson maybe this shouldn't be much of a surprise??

Who knows.
avidlemon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 06:36 AM   #17
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
I can't argue with this mate TBH.

I think i am more pissed off about the whole loss and the way it happened. IMO regardless of his previous record, surely survival instincts are taught to a fighter.

Mind you, watching the fight against Johanneson maybe this shouldn't be much of a surprise??

Who knows.
Its hard to teach survival instincts because they are just that, instincts. Even a great like Tommy Hearns struggled to learn how to survive when he was in trouble.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:42 AM   #18
NSFW
ESB interacial lovin...
ESB Addict

vCash: 2266

Whoop whoop on the Frank ****** Trawler....
NSFW is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:47 AM   #19
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Its hard to teach survival instincts because they are just that, instincts. Even a great like Tommy Hearns struggled to learn how to survive when he was in trouble.
Yeah, but holding on when hurt badly. Should be a given.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:49 AM   #20
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
Yeah, but holding on when hurt badly. Should be a given.
Check out Hearns fights, even in his late 20s against Kinchen and Roldan he still hadn't got the knack.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:50 AM   #21
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Check out Hearns fights, even in his late 20s against Kinchen and Roldan he still hadn't got the knack.
will do, thanks
Old 05-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #22
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
very good point, and it was as much what katsidas wasen't allowing him to do. thats why he's champ , doesen't give you a split second to get your act together.
portside is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 09:08 AM   #23
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Yep, taking more risks as well and his fighters are always on TV. By far the best promoter in the land. Go Frank!
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #24
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bellew View Post
He's the best promoter Europe has ever produced..
Wash your tongue Tony!!!
Will is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #25
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
We all have a dig at the man, I don't like the way he acts sometimes but the If I was a young boxer I would sign with him in a heart beat, he builds you up well earning good money and if you do the business he usually delivers you a career defining moment with most the chips in your favour.

Talking about last night Frank must of took a right hit to the wallet would you think? The purse bid for this was ridicilous in the first place for an interim title ( another example of Frank backing his fighters ) 500k is alot of money for a fight like this add to that the poor turnout 14-17 thousand I bet Upton Park with policing and security cost a few quid all the other costs involved, then Frank was probably banking on Mitchell doing the business and having a few more big nights with Mitchell headlining in front of huge crowds. Bad night all round.

But just compare Mitchell to Murray, Mitchell in the 135 division for 5 mins and is fighting one of the best fighters in the division for quite a big pay day, while Murray probably been the best fighter in europe in the division for a couple of years now is fighting in some leisure centre earning a couple of grand. Frank is great at what he does.
Id agree with this pretty much word for word ................
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #26
wrimc
Champion
East Side Guru

Without Frank we would have a lot less world champions. He pays the best and can give the best opportunities. So in terms of money and opportunities which is surely what most fighters want Frank is the man. There are aspects of his busness model i dont agree with but British fighters would be a lot less prominent if he didn't exist.
wrimc is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #27
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

easily the best promoter. was dissapointed with the whole card on sat. mainly because of the way mitchell lost. there was alot of earlier stoppages that came far to prematurley on the un-televised bill
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #28
stittyb
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I thought ****** had done very well with his two current big names. Cleverly for example has progressed from commonwealth, to british, to european so far (which for me is how a fighter should progress, none of this international title bollocks).

As for Mitchell, I think he was progressing very well also. From Commonwealth, to British at super-feather. I even think the Walter Estrada fight was a very good one as generally the man only gets beat by the best, he's a good measuring stick.

Don't know what happened after that fight with the year long lay off and inactivity etc. Was he injured?

Either way the lay off probably contributed to him moving up in weight. Prescott was a good test at lightweight and further progression should have been made from there. I think that fight blinded a lot of people, ****** included.

But on the whole I think their progression has been quite good, or at least not as bad as someone like Duddy or Chavez jr.
stittyb is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #29
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by stittyb View Post
I thought ****** had done very well with his two current big names. Cleverly for example has progressed from commonwealth, to british, to european so far (which for me is how a fighter should progress, none of this international title bollocks).

As for Mitchell, I think he was progressing very well also. From Commonwealth, to British at super-feather. I even think the Walter Estrada fight was a very good one as generally the man only gets beat by the best, he's a good measuring stick.

Don't know what happened after that fight with the year long lay off and inactivity etc. Was he injured?

Either way the lay off probably contributed to him moving up in weight. Prescott was a good test at lightweight and further progression should have been made from there. I think that fight blinded a lot of people, ****** included.

But on the whole I think their progression has been quite good, or at least not as bad as someone like Duddy or Chavez jr.
operation on his hand
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #30
EnglishWay
KO King 2010
ESB Addict

vCash: 1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
500k is a lot to pay for a fight between two fighters that aren't particularly big names in the UK, plus there's the undercard fights, and other expenses.

Katsidis is a bigger name in Australia than Mitchell is here, that's probably why the bids were so close. I said at the time that ****** would have been best served from a business POV and also financially for Mitchell to have it in Australia. Mitchell only got 20% of the purse, would have got 30% in Oz.
katsidis isn't a big name in australia he gets no attention so i dont think he is a bigger name.
EnglishWay is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum