Old 10-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #61
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ~~~The Lightning Lucian Bute Battleship~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightfan of Mtl
If what you suggest happens, we will be 15k people very upset at Bell Center on Friday. By following Bute in every fights that took place in Montreal, there is close to no chance for Berrio. Better yet, he will be out on his butt!! in the first 1/3 of the bout. This morning on RDS.ca , Bute's trainer, Stéphane Larouche is telling us why Lucian went with heavy padded gloves in the last 3-4 fights, to stay away from hands injury. But this time, regular gloves should show the world that Bute is one hell of a puncher. Anyway I will be close enough to hear Berrio fall...
Great first post! Welcome to ESB!
Decebal is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #62
Fightfan of Mtl
Bad Intentions
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Thank you Decebal, comming from a veteran poster like you, it means a lot.

By the way, sorry for my English, being a frenchman, I rarely have to write in my 2nd language.

Just one question, how did you get so into Bute from the other side of the ocean???
Fightfan of Mtl is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #63
Nemo
Journeyman

Quote:

By the way, sorry for my English, being a frenchman, I rarely have to write in my 2nd language.

Just one question, how did you get so into Bute from the other side of the ocean???

I think Decebel is of Romanian decent..but lives in Britain.

Also, anybody have any idea what the odds are for the fight? who is favourite?
Nemo is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #64
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I had no idea that Bute used heavier gloves in his past few fights, which might be part of the reason I think his power is overrated. Still, if he has real power, he should be able to crack Berrio's chin even with the heavier gloves (although Mack couldn't do it, and Andrade said that Mack punched harder than he'd ever been punched before, as indicated by his knockdown).
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 04:47 PM   #65
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Default Re: ~~~The Lucian Bute Battleship~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
He's quite handsome - i could just about get a boner.

He's also the third-best looking SMW after Joe and Kess. Coincidence, I think not!
Thats actually pretty good - and very true...
DanePugilist is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 04:51 PM   #66
MrStayman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Berrio has a shaky chin, but I don't think it's glass. His last stoppage, for example, was premature. He wasn't even knocked down

Bute UD
MrStayman is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 05:00 PM   #67
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo
I think Decebel is of Romanian decent..but lives in Britain.

Also, anybody have any idea what the odds are for the fight? who is favourite?
Guilty as charged!

Odds to win: Bute: 1.2; Berrio: 4.33
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #68
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:

When I read your post, I thought you were an educated Englishman!

I am Anglo-Romanian, living in Britain; I became interested in boxing when I read an article on Bute in the Romanian press. He is quite big in Romania...old grannies know ALL about him!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #69
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Apparently, Bute makes $200k from this fight.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #70
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

The fight is to be shown in Romania too, on ProTV, from 05:00 on Saturday morning.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #71
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Bute a livré plus de 140 rounds d'entraînement

Daniel Cloutier

Le Journal de MontréalBoxe

Les entraîneurs Stéphane Larouche et Pierre Bouchard ont bien dû le dire un million de fois: Lucian Bute est un véritable maniaque de l'entraînement.

Ce qui explique que le boxeur gaucher montréalais a généralement l'énergie requise pour lancer de 80 à 100 coups par round, et maintenir une cadence infernale durant 12 rounds successifs.

«Lucian, vous le savez tous, est déterminé sans bon sens, reconnaît Larouche, l'entraîneur en chef de l'escouade des boxeurs du groupe InterBox.

«Jamais nous n'avons eu à lui pousser dans le dos à l'entraînement.

«Le travail intensif, c'est tout à fait naturel chez lui.

«Et je peux vous assurer que jamais Lucian n'a trimé aussi dur pour peaufiner sa préparation à un combat de boxe.

«Il est conscient, tout comme nous, qu'il s'apprête à livrer un combat crucial pour l'avenir de sa carrière de boxeur professionnel.

«Bute a livré plus de 140 rounds de boxe d'entraînement durant cette phase préparatoire.

«Lorsqu'il était champion du monde du WBC, Éric Lucas disputait de 120 à 130 rounds de boxe au gymnase, en prévision de chaque défense de son titre, et son record personnel a été de 132 (pour l'affrontement avec Dingaan Thobela en 2001).

«Ça vous donne une petite idée de l'ampleur du travail réalisé par Lucian depuis deux mois.»

Refaire le plein d'énergie

Bute ne touchera plus à des gants de boxe... jusqu'à vendredi soir, lorsqu'on lui demandera de se pointer dans le ring du Centre Bell, pour son affrontement avec le champion mondial des poids supermoyens (168 livres) de l'IBF, le Colombien Alejandro Berrio (26-4-0).

«Au cours des prochains jours, Lucian refera le plein d'énergie, et se concentrera sur la préparation mentale et stratégique du combat», admet Larouche.

«Sa préparation physique est maintenant complétée.

«Je vous prédis que Bute n'aura que quatre pour cent de gras sur le corps au moment de la pesée officielle, jeudi après midi.»

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #72
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Default Re: ~~~The Lucian Bute Lightning Battleship~~~

Eric Lucas has confidence in Bute: VIDEO:

Check out Bute's super-trendy outfit!

Decebal is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #73
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Styles clash as hard-hitting Berrio faces slick Bute for IBF belt

1 hour ago
MONTREAL - A clash of styles awaits when slick Lucian Bute of Montreal faces knockout king Alejandro Berrio of Colombia for the International Boxing Federation super-middleweight belt.
The champion Berrio's record says it all - 26-4 with 25 KOs. He hits hard with both hands and will be looking to send Bute home early. Bute, the mandatory challenger and a left-hander, is 20-0 with 16 knockouts. But he isn't a huge puncher, preferring to move in the ring, keeping opponents off-balance with awkward, two-handed attacks.
The two will meet Friday night at the Bell Centre before a crowd expected to be in excess of 13,000.
"I really believe the weaknesses of Berrio are the strengths of Bute, and vice versa," said Bute's trainer Stephan Larouche. "It will be a matter of controlling the action in the ring - who does what and when - and to make sure you're fighting your fight, not the other guys."
The Romanian-born Bute hopes to become Canada's third reigning world champion, after IBF super-bantamweight champ Steve Molitor of Mississauga, Ont., who defends Oct. 27 against Fashung 3-K Battery of Thailand, and WBA super-welterweight title holder Joachim Alcine of Montreal.
The six-foot-two Bute moved to Montreal from Galati, Romania, in 2003 to turn pro, following in the footsteps of Romanian-born former WBA lightweight champ Leonard Dorin.
He won the right to fight for the title with a 12-round decision on June 15 over Sakio Bika of Australia.
"Berrio has a lot more experience than me," the 27-year-old Bute said in his now-fluent French. "He's had 10 years as a pro in boxing.
"He hits hard, but he's slower and I'll use that to my advantage. My speed will make the difference."
Berrio, 31, won the IBF 168-pound belt, which had been vacated by Joe Calzaghe of Wales, by stopping Robert Stieglitz of Germany in the third round on March 3.
"I didn't come to Montreal to leave the title here," he said through a translator. "I know it won't be easy but I came here to fight, to defend my title and make my people proud."
Bute has home crowd support, but his InterBox stablemate Jean-Francois Bergeron said it won't be an easy bout.
"Every time Lucian fights, something special happens," said the heavyweight Bergeron, just off his close loss to Russian giant Nikolay Valuev two weeks ago.
"I like Lucian. He's extremely gifted and I think he'll win, but that guy hits really hard and there's always that chance that if he gets hit, the fight is over. That's why Bute has trained so hard. He knows there's a danger and he can't afford to make a mistake."
Bute put in a personal high of 143 rounds of sparring with a variety of partners and feels ready to go the full 12 rounds.
It is unusual that a champion should have to go to his opponent's home to defend, but Berrio left his German promoter Sauerland in a dispute over money and hasn't signed with another.
His manager, Francesco Hernandez, expressed concern over impartiality because the referee, Marlon Wright, and one of the judges, Richard DeCarufel, are from Montreal. The other judges are Alejandro Lopez Durango of Mexico and Levi Martinez of the United States.
"We just want a fair fight," said Hernandez, adding that "I was once a referee and sometimes I was sentimental toward Colombian boxers."
Larouche said the IBF picked the referee and the judges.
"He's lucky because this is one of the most honest boxing commissions in the world," said Larouche. "He should worry about himself and not the other things."
And while the purse was not announced, Berrio is likely earning more than Bute's reported $200,000. The fight is to be broadcast live in French at 10 p.m. ET on Friday.
It will be a big night for promoter InterBox, which celebrates its 10th anniversary on Dec. 1.
The company produced two world champions, Dorin and Eric Lucas of Montreal, but that was before it was bought out of bankruptcy protection by Lucas' main sponsor, the La Cage aux Sports restaurant chain, in 2004.
InterBox is now in a fierce rivalry with another Montreal promoter, Groupe Yvon Michel, whose stable includes Alcine and contenders Jean Pascal and Herman Ngoudjo.
The undercard is considerably less interesting, with Toronto-based Romanian Jo Jo Dan (18-0) fighting Paul Delgado (19-7-1) of the U.S. for the minor NABA light welterweight belt.
Still another Romanian, welterweight Victor Lupo (16-0) of Montreal, will take on Stephane Savage (2-17-4) of Longueuil, Que.
American light heavyweight Carl Handy (21-7-2), one of Bute's sparring partners, fights Eduardo Rojas (7-16- of Argentina. Handy lost in four rounds to Bute in 2005 and in eight rounds to Berrio in 2004.

Decebal is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 07:30 PM   #74
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Any other news or comment about this fight?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #75
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Bute's Did You Know...?

Favourite actress:..............................Angelina Jolie...
Favourite actor:................................Tom Cruise...
Favourite film:...................................Mission Impossible...
Favourite food:.................................Fried chiken...
Superstition:.....................................Wearing the same set of clothes when coming to each of his fights...
His most important quality:..................Sincerity...
His greatest fault:..............................Too trustful...
What he hates most:..........................Hypocrisy...

Last edited by Decebal; 10-16-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Decebal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum