Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #16
jonny v
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kevin Mitchell's future

kevin u r a professional boxer for f**ks sake! cutting corners?if thats the reality or just an excuse either way uve sold urself and ur fans out!all the best to katsidis 100% in it to win it.to all the british kids out there"GET OFF UR BACKSIDES AND UR PLAYSTATIONS AND LETS FIND SOMEONE WITH SOME BOLLOX"
jonny v is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #17
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
that argument hardly ever stands up though. A beat B so he should beat C. It doesn't work like that.
Totally agreee. Styles make fights and some fighters can cope better with different styles than others.

That, though, doesn't mean that that I think Kevin Mitchell has what it takes to beat the top guys in this division. (As all my posts in the thread show)
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:42 AM   #18
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Mc View Post
Totally agreee. Styles make fights and some fighters can cope better with different styles than others.

That, though, doesn't mean that that I think Kevin Mitchell has what it takes to beat the top guys in this division. (As all my posts in the thread show)
Yeah, i agree mate, esp. after this loss. Kats is defo not to be underestimated, and i said on another thread that he aint even the best guy in the divison right now
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #19
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

It's definitely matchmaking.

Regardless of how good Mitchell is or isn't, he simply wasn't prepared for someone that would just jump on him from the opening bell.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:52 AM   #20
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny v View Post
kevin u r a professional boxer for f**ks sake! cutting corners?if thats the reality or just an excuse either way uve sold urself and ur fans out!all the best to katsidis 100% in it to win it.to all the british kids out there"GET OFF UR BACKSIDES AND UR PLAYSTATIONS AND LETS FIND SOMEONE WITH SOME BOLLOX"
You can slte him for his prep and performance but I think Kev has a pretty decent set of giggleberries on him, and I certaily wouldn't be questioning his guts!!!
Will is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #21
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
It's definitely matchmaking.

Regardless of how good Mitchell is or isn't, he simply wasn't prepared for someone that would just jump on him from the opening bell.
Agreed.

The guy sat behind us works at the bar where the after party was going to be.

He said Kev is in there every week and drinking!!!

and he said that before he got beat.
Will is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #22
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

It's a funny thing.... when ****** brings someone good to the UK to fight one of his stable you always have that sneaky feeling that he'll be weight drained or shot (or both).

Whether it was a mistake, him misreading Mitchell's ability or simply having to do something with him because of his ranking I'm not sure.

He certainly wasn't cashing out on him, the purse bid of 500k, his genuinely pissed off appearance after the fight etc proves that.

I'm not sure where he goes from here to be honest, there are plenty of options but the fact that he barely took a punch for the first two rounds but was chinned almost immediately in the 3rd doesn't suggest he's capable of hanging with the best at 135.

Wonder if ****** has options on Katsidis?
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #23
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Katsidis was clearly a cut above Mitchell...

Katsidis locked himself away from his family in Thailand preparing for this fight... His condition was tip top, he left nothing to chance in his preperation for this fight...

Only Kevin Mitchell knows deep down in his heart what he did or did not do properly... It is up to him to make sure that if he is to come again he does everything to letter and makes sure that he is 100% on the money...

His guts and heart are not in question, his preperation and focus are, let's just hope he can put that right and come again...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #24
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO MAS View Post
Katsidis was clearly a cut above Mitchell...

Katsidis locked himself away from his family in Thailand preparing for this fight... His condition was tip top, he left nothing to chance in his preperation for this fight...

Only Kevin Mitchell knows deep down in his heart what he did or did not do properly... It is up to him to make sure that if he is to come again he does everything to letter and makes sure that he is 100% on the money...

His guts and heart are not in question, his preperation and focus are, let's just hope he can put that right and come again...
I actually agree with everything you said, particularly about his gits and heart not being in the question. Although im not sure what all the were for
Vano-Irons is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum