Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 172
Default Mark Lowe - "World's smallest boxer"...and some Scottish heavyweight

I was going through some old videos yesterday and came across a Frank Maloney card, May last year, which Mark Lowe, a 4' 8" (if I rcall correctly) fighter was scheduled to fight but never did. He was, it was claimed, the World's smallest boxer but I never heard anything about him again. What ever happend to him?

Also, on Saturday we were talking about some Scottish Heavyweight who was clearly being touted by Sky around 3-4 years ago. We couldn't remember his name but if anyone can, what was it and what ever happend to him?
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Mark Lowe - "World's smallest boxer"...and some Scottish heavyweight

his first pro bout got cancelled as the opponent came in way overweight...
bunce did an interview with him on the old boxing hour..
i presume he's gone back to being a wee stuntman....he's been in quite a lot of big films...for a wee fella...
doug.ie is online now  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289
Default Re: Mark Lowe - "World's smallest boxer"...and some Scottish heavyweight

Well the 1st guy was gonna fight but also he was part of a setanta April fools joke, claiming he was gonna fight at 'paperweight'

I believe the Scottish heavyweight will be ian millarvie, google him. I rmember some ppl hyping him but obv came to nothing so far. Hasn't fought in a while I think
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
smjm089
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 108

The Scottish Heavyweight was Ian Millarvie from Hamilton a couple of years ago he was looking a real good prospect even going to New York and Sparring Monte Barrett and there was rumours at the time that Barrett stormed of the gym while sparring Millarvie because Millarvie was giving him all sorts of bother in there. he fought in america aswell and won but when he was training for his next fight in the states he broke his ankle doing roadwork in catskills NY. He had anemia aswell and i think hes just packed it in now his promoter Tommy Gilmour was saying he wasnt returing his calls or anything and released him from his contract and he hasnt fought since.
smjm089 is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 04:44 AM   #5
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ian Millarvie - That's the one!

Thanks for all the info guys!
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #6
NSFW
ESB interacial lovin...
ESB Addict

vCash: 2266

Ian Millivanilli is the Scotish heavyweight.
NSFW is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 04:52 AM   #7
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
Ian Millivanilli is the Scotish heavyweight.
Girl, you know it's true...
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2010, 06:00 AM   #8
chrisfinch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Mc View Post
I was going through some old videos yesterday and came across a Frank Maloney card, May last year, which Mark Lowe, a 4' 8" (if I rcall correctly) fighter was scheduled to fight but never did. He was, it was claimed, the World's smallest boxer but I never heard anything about him again. What ever happend to him?
I think his name is Paul Lowe. I went the night he was meant to make his debut, and there were loads of midgets/small people there who had all presumably come to see him and he never fought. I wondered why he walking round in his jeans all night and it was only later I realised his fight was off.
chrisfinch is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum