Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kronkton, Aust
Posts: 2,233
vCash: 509
Default Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

Not sure if it has been posted but here is the news we have been waiting for.

Tarver-Green is on!
Monday, October 15 2007
IBO light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver's opponent on December 1 will be former WBC interim super middleweight champion Danny Green after long negotiations with the Green camp were finally completed. Former WBO light heavyweight title challenger George "Honey Boy" Blades had actually been signed to fight Tarver when Traver-Green talks bogged down, however now that "The Green Machine" has come to the table, Tarver-Blades has been scrubbed.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Robot16 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

Great news to hear that the match is on.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #3
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

This is excellent. As an American, I can honestly say I will be cheering for Green wholeheartedly. I'd wanted Chad Dawson to retire Tarver, but I'm sick of Antonio ducking that fight, and now I just want him gone.

Tarver hasn't been impressive since his second fight against Johnson. Starting with Jones III, he has looked physically spent and mentally checked out of the sport.
Lampley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #4
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampley
This is excellent. As an American, I can honestly say I will be cheering for Green wholeheartedly. I'd wanted Chad Dawson to retire Tarver, but I'm sick of Antonio ducking that fight, and now I just want him gone.

Tarver hasn't been impressive since his second fight against Johnson. Starting with Jones III, he has looked physically spent and mentally checked out of the sport.
Chad would retire Tarver twice over imo. I rate Chad highly.

I'm still not sold that this fight is on. I hope it happens, cos it'll be one to look forward to, and if Tarver is ****ing about, he can get dusted by Green at any time.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:26 PM   #5
stuistylee
j.c.chavez superstar
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: "always take the arrows in the forhead, never in the back"
Posts: 868
vCash: 525
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

comeon greenie this is your shot mate...greens got a very good opportunity not only 2 win the title and smack tarver round but 2 gain fans as well cause yanks'll like him...woohoo
stuistylee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
Big Red Meat Axe
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 29
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

Tarver to take this one.
Big Red Meat Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #7
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 75
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

Greeny has had a few opportunties over the last 4-5yrs but i feel this is the BIG ONE in terms of reconigition in the States.

This is the last chance saloon imo
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:53 AM   #8
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

I've seen only clips of Green. I know he's getting up there, but so is Tarver. A lot of us would love to see Tarver beaten again. If Green could get the KO, I'm guessing Showtime would offer him a very nice payday to face Chad Dawson.

And I rate Chad very highly as well, probably too highly.
Lampley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:57 AM   #9
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

Green can be outboxed, but his power is good in both hands and he throws combos all night. I see Tarver making him miss, but also you cant run for ever(unless you Maywether). Tarvers power is pretty good, should be a good test for Greens chin , which is very, very good IMO.
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:17 AM   #10
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 3,760
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Green can be outboxed, but his power is good in both hands and he throws combos all night. I see Tarver making him miss, but also you cant run for ever(unless you Maywether). Tarvers power is pretty good, should be a good test for Greens chin , which is very, very good IMO.
And if the fight plays out that way, I'm not sure Tarver truly can outbox anyone these days. His workrate has been anemic lately, and in Jones III he looked ready to go on a couple of occasions. He never was in the fight against Hopkins.

Green has a big opportunity here. Let's hope he takes advantage.
Lampley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:30 AM   #11
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampley
And if the fight plays out that way, I'm not sure Tarver truly can outbox anyone these days. His workrate has been anemic lately, and in Jones III he looked ready to go on a couple of occasions. He never was in the fight against Hopkins.

Green has a big opportunity here. Let's hope he takes advantage.
Yum Danny will win, a bit of blood wouldn't hurt tho

Last edited by Thread Stealer; 08-04-2006 at 12:11 PM.
one in a million is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:50 AM   #12
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampley
I've seen only clips of Green. I know he's getting up there, but so is Tarver. A lot of us would love to see Tarver beaten again. If Green could get the KO, I'm guessing Showtime would offer him a very nice payday to face Chad Dawson.

And I rate Chad very highly as well, probably too highly.
Chad has looked very impressive so far, and style wise, due to his speed, southpaw stance, and sometimes unorthadox angles is going to be extremely difficult to beat. I agree with you on your high rating, it is thoroughly deserved IMO.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:15 AM   #13
silvy_chris
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 249
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

hope it stays on again this time.
hope danny comes away with the win
silvy_chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:32 AM   #14
Maxime
Sweet Science
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 171
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

Good news.

Danny is a good guy and I'm looking forward to see him retiring Tarver.
Maxime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:07 AM   #15
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tarver Vs Green Is ON!!!

Great news!

Green needs to rock up to this fight and lay it ALL on the table... he has to win!
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013