Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 05-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Let the feathers fly!

With Chris John resuming shortly from a recent injury and Billy Dib ticking along nicely, isn't it about time these two got together for a great Featherweight stoush?

Billy made it quite clear at the recent 'New Breed' press conference that he's challenging Chris and I think it's a great bout.

There's definite talk and both camps have expressed their interest to make it happen. How does everyone see it going?

C'mon Aussie ESB's, give me your thoughts?

P.S: Chris is a great champ, but go Billy!

P.P.S: I'm sure there's someone who posts on here that could enlighten us a little further
ashley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970
Default Re: Let the feathers fly!

Reckon John comfortably Ash - just my 2 cents worth.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
With Chris John resuming shortly from a recent injury and Billy Dib ticking along nicely, isn't it about time these two got together for a great Featherweight stoush?

Billy made it quite clear at the recent 'New Breed' press conference that he's challenging Chris and I think it's a great bout.

There's definite talk and both camps have expressed their interest to make it happen. How does everyone see it going?

C'mon Aussie ESB's, give me your thoughts?

P.S: Chris is a great champ, but go Billy!

P.P.S: I'm sure there's someone who posts on here that could enlighten us a little further
John is busy fighting the heavy handed Argentine (only has 1 KO) called Saucedo.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
John is busy fighting the heavy handed Argentine (only has 1 KO) called Saucedo.

I love your humour Kegsy!

I recall Saucedo getting points deducted for holding when he fought Skinny Hussein back in the day so maybe his view on fighting is at extremely close quarters, ideally either not being able to throw big punches, or would that be any punches!
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Billy wins...

Last edited by Contendo; 05-19-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Reckon John comfortably Ash - just my 2 cents worth.
On paper yes mate I agree....however when you start to look into it a bit more a few things fall into Billys favour
ashley is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #7
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
Billy wins...

I would have loved to see a match between Billy and skinny hussein.. with no love lost between the 2.
would have been an awesome fight.
ranser is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranser View Post
I would have loved to see a match between Billy and skinny hussein.. with no love lost between the 2.
would have been an awesome fight.

What are you talking about Ranser - their friends! Skinny has done some work behind the scenes with Billy as does Hussy Hussein quite a bit.

I agree a great match-up due to the styles and Skinny was an awesome fighter (top bloke as well!) but when you say no love loss between the two I think your a bit off there in that assumption.

Actually, Skinny was at Billy's at a big bbq feed after Billy beat Belandres just recently.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #9
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
On paper yes mate I agree....however when you start to look into it a bit more a few things fall into Billys favour
I'd be interested for your viewpoints Ash...
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Don't wind him up Contendo.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #11
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
Your no fun...
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
Wrangler
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Licking my lips with anticipation. Would be great if it happened. John is seemingly unknown even though he has been a quality champ for such a long time (I think he could have been promoted so much better in terms of his achievements). Billy Dib looked really good in his last two and it's obvious, has added another dimension to his repertoire. Would be a great match up, methinks but I'd be surprised if John took it. Billy can be unpredictable in his style and it could mean there would be a new world champ if they got it on.
Wrangler is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #13
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
Too late mate....just a few thoughts...

Firstly the dragon is a great champ....all credit to him...great wins over JMM and Juarez

This is where I see Billy's advantages in the fight.

1. Billy has speed to burn in attack...Billy will move and counter Chris for the first 3/4 of the fight and will look for the openings...Like when Chris throws the left hook on the outside he drops the hands after...Billy is quick enough to half step and right hook counter.

2. Chris always moves to his left....most of the time guard down...again Billy has the speed to cut off the ring and counter right off the back foot.

3. Billy has great evasion and time in defence....he wont be there when Chris throws the power right hands at the end of a combo...and he sure as hell wont be hit by the upper cut.

4. Billy has improved power body shots....he will use these early with speed to lower Johns elbows just a touch

5. Chris wont catch Billy clean and is not known for his KO power....late rounds I see Dib loading up on Chris and taking advantage of the low arms and lazy defence on the outside.

This would be a great fight....the legend of Chris John V the speed and youth of Billy Dib make this an exciting fight

Some of you guys here have the power to make this fight happen......so pull your fingers out and do something about this huge aussie fight
ashley is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #14
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Too late mate....just a few thoughts...

Firstly the dragon is a great champ....all credit to him...great wins over JMM and Juarez

This is where I see Billy's advantages in the fight.

1. Billy has speed to burn in attack...Billy will move and counter Chris for the first 3/4 of the fight and will look for the openings...Like when Chris throws the left hook on the outside he drops the hands after...Billy is quick enough to half step and right hook counter.

2. Chris always moves to his left....most of the time guard down...again Billy has the speed to cut off the ring and counter right off the back foot.

3. Billy has great evasion and time in defence....he wont be there when Chris throws the power right hands at the end of a combo...and he sure as hell wont be hit by the upper cut.

4. Billy has improved power body shots....he will use these early with speed to lower Johns elbows just a touch

5. Chris wont catch Billy clean and is not known for his KO power....late rounds I see Dib loading up on Chris and taking advantage of the low arms and lazy defence on the outside.

This would be a great fight....the legend of Chris John V the speed and youth of Billy Dib make this an exciting fight

Some of you guys here have the power to make this fight happen......so pull your fingers out and do something about this huge aussie fight
Great post Ash and I'm not going to argue one point.

Officially from the BTK camp, and I know the feeling's mutual from Craig on behalf of Chris, we want the fight to happen. Billy has challenged Chris and were on record as saying we want that fight.

Grange Old School Boxing have defitnitely tipped their hat that they want to promote it and it shows another fantastic endorsement of their support for Australian boxing.

Aussie fight fans - make it known, it's the only way both Promoters and TV such as MainEvent can build a fight is by you guy's letting them know it's a fight you want, as simple as that.

'Dragon' vs. 'The Kid' - Billy Dib to be the first to slay the 'Dragon'...
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #15
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Well you know I want the fight....Itís my thread

Seriously assize boxing has this great opportunity to watch a guy like John....10 defences of the title or more fight our number 1 feather.....letís get behind this fight and stop talking about who Mundine and Green are maybe going to fight

If we dont get behind this World title fight it wont get made.

Then we can go back to bitching about choc and Green fighting cans......because thats all it looks like we are interested in

ashley is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum