Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2010, 05:20 AM   #16
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 1337
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiesiek View Post
The punches were landing man. Look at their faces after the fight sturm's was massacred. Just cuz a guy holds high guard doesnt mean punches aint landing. Some are, some are not but still Gevor Hit him more. It was effective aggression if anything even if not everything connects, also sturm fought Gevors fight which gives edge in ring generalship to gevor too.
Sturm fought the fight he always fights and made the same mistakes he always makes. Read my post again. Of course some punches landed, Ghevor was throwing enough. Not enough to to even out Sturm´s harder, cleaner punches.
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2010, 09:25 AM   #17
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Badlefthook.com
Posts: 11,159
vCash: 75
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

Gevor will probably get robbed again. I scored Gevor-Sturm like 117-110 in favor of Gevor. Gevor probably landed more punches than Sturm even threw in that fight. And on top of it, Sturm wasn't landing all that much either. He would land one or two hard clean shots a round, but that's not nearly enough to compensate for the 20 - 25 times Gevor would hit Sturm. Plus the judges seemed to completely ignore all the body work Gevor did, where he did land a lot of hard effective shots.

There were two Euro fights that I scored that way and different from the people in that country - Sturm-Gevor and Jackiewicz-Rodriguez. I went back and watched them again recently, and I maintain that Gevor blew out Sturm and was robbed. I have trouble seeing how you can give Sturm that fight without wearing a patriotic blindfold. Jackiewicz-Rodriguez, on the other hand, I reversed on once I had a higher resolution copy of the fight. That one had a similar story in terms of workrate, but unlike Sturm, Jackiewicz actually did land a lot of hard counters and probably did more damage overall.

Anyway, Zbik sucks. It's a joke that guys like him and Sartison were gifted titles.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:51 AM   #18
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 1337
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
Gevor will probably get robbed again. I scored Gevor-Sturm like 117-110 in favor of Gevor. Gevor probably landed more punches than Sturm even threw in that fight. And on top of it, Sturm wasn't landing all that much either. He would land one or two hard clean shots a round, but that's not nearly enough to compensate for the 20 - 25 times Gevor would hit Sturm. Plus the judges seemed to completely ignore all the body work Gevor did, where he did land a lot of hard effective shots.

There were two Euro fights that I scored that way and different from the people in that country - Sturm-Gevor and Jackiewicz-Rodriguez. I went back and watched them again recently, and I maintain that Gevor blew out Sturm and was robbed. I have trouble seeing how you can give Sturm that fight without wearing a patriotic blindfold. Jackiewicz-Rodriguez, on the other hand, I reversed on once I had a higher resolution copy of the fight. That one had a similar story in terms of workrate, but unlike Sturm, Jackiewicz actually did land a lot of hard counters and probably did more damage overall.

Anyway, Zbik sucks. It's a joke that guys like him and Sartison were gifted titles.
Bullshit. Read my first post in this thread. I said I´m glad that Ghevor finally will win a belt. Against a German. So much for patriotism.

I guess you had Calzaghe also winning wide, right? Sorry, this is not amateur boxing. Sturm landed the cleaner, harder more effective punches and showed the better defence. Ghevor did more but was ineffective most of the time. Nobody forced the other one to fight hsi fight. Both did what they always did. Close fight. Sturm got the nod. Calling this a robbery just proves the inability to score fights properly.
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #19
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 12,092
vCash: 2835
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

How's Zbik liked in Germany?

I don't rate Zbik at all seen him twice and both times he was really shabby. I don't think he will be able to hold Gevor off him.
LHL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #20
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 1337
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

He isn´t really known in Germany. Overshadowed by Sturm, Sylvester. Even Ghevor, who also is a German citizen btw., is better known with the casual fans.
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #21
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 12,092
vCash: 2835
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

I can see why no one takes interest in Zbik he is the least talented out of a deep division of Germans.

I thought Zbik was a Universum fighter???

Hopefully Universum put some time in with Gevor the division is weak as piss at the minute so he could easily pick a title up especially if Martinez moves back down.

Good to see Gevor get the break he deserves
LHL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #22
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 876
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh View Post
You count that as a proper title?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiesiek View Post
The punches were landing man. Look at their faces after the fight sturm's was massacred. Just cuz a guy holds high guard doesnt mean punches aint landing. Some are, some are not but still Gevor Hit him more. It was effective aggression if anything even if not everything connects, also sturm fought Gevors fight which gives edge in ring generalship to gevor too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
Gevor will probably get robbed again. I scored Gevor-Sturm like 117-110 in favor of Gevor. Gevor probably landed more punches than Sturm even threw in that fight. And on top of it, Sturm wasn't landing all that much either. He would land one or two hard clean shots a round, but that's not nearly enough to compensate for the 20 - 25 times Gevor would hit Sturm. Plus the judges seemed to completely ignore all the body work Gevor did, where he did land a lot of hard effective shots.

Anyway, Zbik sucks. It's a joke that guys like him and Sartison were gifted titles.


May I take this opportunity to allign myself with those who believed Gevor was robbed. Sturm's a lucky boy to still hold his title (and don't give me that karma crap, the fact that he was robbed against De La Hoya shouldn't mean that he's entitled to a gift of his own).
ollyc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #23
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 1337
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post








May I take this opportunity to allign myself with those who believed Gevor was robbed. Sturm's a lucky boy to still hold his title (and don't give me that karma crap, the fact that he was robbed against De La Hoya shouldn't mean that he's entitled to a gift of his own).
Well, giving your history on here is the one of an unknowlegable cunt this actually proves me right. Thanks.
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #24
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
Sturm landed the cleaner, harder more effective punches and showed the better defence. Ghevor did more but was ineffective most of the time.
WTF? What exactly was effective about Sturm's punches? He landed 3-4 clean and marginally harder punches per round, but since he himself is rather featherfisted there was no effect whatsoever. Look at this post fight pic, Gevor isn't even marked the slightest, he looks as fresh as if the fight hasn't even started yet:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The matter of fact is that Sturm was outlanded about 3-1. Gevor won that fight, every way you look at it.
NBT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #25
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 876
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
Well, giving your history on here is the one of an unknowlegable cunt this actually proves me right. Thanks.
Ouch!

Somebodies a bit peeved today ay Bodhi?
Come on now, you can shit talk with the best of them and you know it.
Some of your comments regarding Haye haven't exactly been the definition of objectivity now have they?
ollyc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #26
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 1337
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
WTF? What exactly was effective about Sturm's punches? He landed 3-4 clean and marginally harder punches per round, but since he himself is rather featherfisted there was no effect whatsoever. Look at this post fight pic, Gevor isn't even marked the slightest, he looks as fresh as if the fight hasn't even started yet:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The matter of fact is that Sturm was outlanded about 3-1. Gevor won that fight, every way you look at it.
Well, I could show you pictures in which the winner looks more busted up than the loser ... doesn´t prove anything.
Fact is this is not amateur boxing. Numbers mean shit here. Sturm is no hard puncher but Ghevor is like Zuri Lawrence. Add to that that Sturm showed the much better defence and that Ghevors punches were mostly blocked and there is no way this was a wide win for Ghevor. Ghevor won some rounds on sheer activity, I agree, and I said so before but that does not equal a win. It was a close fight and those are never robberies.
Those who cry robbery and say Ghevor should have won wide should learn to score fights properly before commenting.
Thank you.
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #27
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 1337
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollyc View Post
Ouch!

Somebodies a bit peeved today ay Bodhi?
Come on now, you can shit talk with the best of them and you know it.
Some of your comments regarding Haye haven't exactly been the definition of objectivity now have they?
Compared to you, I´m Switzerland.
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #28
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
Well, I could show you pictures in which the winner looks more busted up than the loser ... doesn´t prove anything.
Fact is this is not amateur boxing. Numbers mean shit here. Sturm is no hard puncher but Ghevor is like Zuri Lawrence. Add to that that Sturm showed the much better defence and that Ghevors punches were mostly blocked and there is no way this was a wide win for Ghevor. Ghevor won some rounds on sheer activity, I agree, and I said so before but that does not equal a win. It was a close fight and those are never robberies.
Those who cry robbery and say Ghevor should have won wide should learn to score fights properly before commenting.
Thank you.
Well, in this case it proves a lot: that contrary to your claim Sturm's punching didn't have any notable effect. There isn't much between Gevor and Sturm in terms of power. As I said, Sturm's punches were marginally more powerful in that fight, but this was due to both fighters strategy, Gevor went for volume, so he put less power in his punches and Sturm threw far less and set his few punches up better. And if one of the fighters can't distinguish himself by achieving significantly more effect with his fewer punches, it comes down to activity and "numbers". When I said outlanded, I meant outlanded, most of Gevors punches were at best partially blocked, many went right through the leaky defence. It was reasonably close but Gevor still clearly deserved the win.
NBT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #29
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,042
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

fight is off

fightnews report
Quote:
The fight between WBC interim middleweight champion Sebastian Zbik and two-time title challenger Khoren Gevor is off. They were slated to meet on July 17 in Schwerin, Germany. “We needed to have our plans finalized for our promotional partners and Sebastian Zbik hadn’t signed the fight contract on time,” said Universum General Manager Stefan Braune. “Therefore we had to reorganize and we’re pleased that we’re able to present to the fans two additional great fights with local favorite Jürgen Brähmer and Susi Kentikian.”
time for a new p4p ***** ranking
1. Haye
2. Zbik
Escopeta is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #30
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 1337
Default Re: Sebastian Zbik vs Khoren Gevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escopeta View Post
fight is off

fightnews report


time for a new p4p ***** ranking
1. Haye
2. Zbik
Agreed. Ghevor would have run over him and I bet his legs were shaking by even the thought getting into the ring. I would like to see Sylvester-Ghevor. Would be a nice fight.
bodhi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013