Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-27-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
The Man 247
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default What did you guys watch last night?

Are you guys fkn serious? I thought Nievas was impressive last night and anyone who called him a bumb, please shut up and never advise me again because he was anything but that. I have seen Calzaghe struggle against a lot worse fighters than Nievas. Credit must go to him and credit must go to those who called him a bumb to shut up and never talk again cause the guy could fight. Overall a good workout for Mundine, he showed his speed in the opening rounds and landed a few large bombs, but the guy had a rock head, he wasn't gonna go down if a truck drove over him. Mundine was only iffy in the 5th when he took the punishment nievas was dishing out. I was a bit worried then but he recovered and won well. Winning every round according to the judges, not much more than you can ask for against a guy with a brick for a head.

So :

- Those who said Nievas is a bumb, don't advise me anymore. The guy would have gone the distance with Joe Calzaghe, im confident of that.
- Mundine won nearly every round can't ask much more than that.
- 3rdly Khoder said he is raring to fight the winner of kessler/calzaghe. Khoder thinks it may not eventuate that fight though.

So all in all a good night for Mundine. Some of you guys need to have a good look at yourselves, especially those calling Nievas a bum because he was anything but that. Also I have to admit the undercard was a disgrace, but i thought Mundine fought well and so did his opponent.
The Man 247 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
04eta
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: What the FCK did you guys watch last night?

Neivas is a bumb. He had no chance of winning the fight. He barely landed a decent shot on mundine all night apart from some big looping haymakers.

Neivas wouldn't even be in the top 5 smw in australia so he is a bum.

I will admit that he was very tough though but has limited skills.
04eta is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
The Man 247
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04eta
Neivas is a bumb. He had no chance of winning the fight. He barely landed a decent shot on mundine all night apart from some big looping haymakers.

Neivas wouldn't even be in the top 5 smw in australia so he is a bum.

I will admit that he was very tough though but has limited skills.
I think you can call him a bumb in technical sense. But hes a brawler and Mundine coped well. A good win by Mundine. Worried about his bicep though. You could see it unhinged to his upper arm in the interview and he could be out for months.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #4
04eta
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 247
I think you can call him a bumb in technical sense. But hes a brawler and Mundine coped well. A good win by Mundine. Worried about his bicep though. You could see it unhinged to his upper arm in the interview and he could be out for months.
Mundine didn't cope well when pressure was applied. He needed to be able ot counter punch and punch off the ropes. If Kessler applied that sort of pressure and mundine fought the way he did tonight it would be a very short fight.
04eta is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:30 PM   #5
deram
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Mundine didn't cope well when pressure was applied. He needed to be able ot counter punch and punch off the ropes. If Kessler applied that sort of pressure and mundine fought the way he did tonight it would be a very short fight.
Yes, but I have a suspicion that Mundine is taking these in between fight as an easy way to earn money without really having to focus or spar or anything. May sound smart, but considering his age, I don't think it is. No time for that imo.
deram is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
The Man 247
Journeyman

I think hes doing it to keep fight in before a big fight. I hope he does Winky or Hopkins next
Old 06-27-2007, 08:34 PM   #7
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Please tell me you are kidding. NAME ONE JOE CALZAGHE FIGHT OF HIS 20 DEFENSES THAT IS A WORSE FIGHTER THEN NEIVAS!!! Calzaghe would have annihilated Neivas. He had NEVER FOUGHT PAST 6 rounds before. It was a joke that this was even sanctioned. He drew with Acostas. He is junk. Sorry to shatter your dreams but Mundine fought poorly lst night and deserves to be criticized over his performance.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #8
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

Yea...well thats another problem with these kinds of fights are that he can't prepare for them as his opponent is pretty much a completete unknown. He is expected to knock these guys out and anything less, it doesn't look so good for him.

Mundine still dominated that fight though and did everything except knock the guy out and that was not through lack of clean punches because he landed plenty. Hopefully he takes on a more known opponent next up and fight often as he says he want to.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:38 PM   #9
04eta
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP
Yea...well thats another problem with these kinds of fights are that he can't prepare for them as his opponent is pretty much a completete unknown. He is expected to knock these guys out and anything less, it doesn't look so good for him.

Mundine still dominated that fight though and did everything except knock the guy out and that was not through lack of clean punches because he landed plenty. Hopefully he takes on a more known opponent next up and fight often as he says he want to.
Just because he dominated doesn't mean he fought well. Les Sherington could probably dominate neivas!
04eta is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:38 PM   #10
The Man 247
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Please tell me you are kidding. NAME ONE JOE CALZAGHE FIGHT OF HIS 20 DEFENSES THAT IS A WORSE FIGHTER THEN NEIVAS!!! Calzaghe would have annihilated Neivas. He had NEVER FOUGHT PAST 6 rounds before. It was a joke that this was even sanctioned. He drew with Acostas. He is junk. Sorry to shatter your dreams but Mundine fought poorly lst night and deserves to be criticized over his performance.
Have you even watched any of Joes defenses over the past 4 years. I think there is a handful . Go through them all and tell me why they are better than Nievas than if your so confident of that.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #11
The Man 247
Journeyman

You guys all need a reality check seriously. Or your seriously dillusional , on weed or something. Hats of too nievas once again. I am positive Calzaghe would not have finished him.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:42 PM   #12
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Are you guys fkn serious? I thought Nievas was impressive last night and anyone who called him a bumb, please shut up and never advise me again because he was anything but that. I have seen Calzaghe struggle against a lot worse fighters than Nievas. Credit must go to him and credit must go to those who called him a bumb to shut up and never talk again cause the guy could fight. Overall a good workout for Mundine, he showed his speed in the opening rounds and landed a few large bombs, but the guy had a rock head, he wasn't gonna go down if a truck drove over him. Mundine was only iffy in the 5th when he took the punishment nievas was dishing out. I was a bit worried then but he recovered and won well. Winning every round according to the judges, not much more than you can ask for against a guy with a brick for a head.

So :

- Those who said Nievas is a bumb, don't advise me anymore. The guy would have gone the distance with Joe Calzaghe, im confident of that.
- Mundine won nearly every round can't ask much more than that.
- 3rdly Khoder said he is raring to fight the winner of kessler/calzaghe. Khoder thinks it may not eventuate that fight though.

So all in all a good night for Mundine. Some of you guys need to have a good look at yourselves, especially those calling Nievas a bum because he was anything but that. Also I have to admit the undercard was a disgrace, but i thought Mundine fought well and so did his opponent.
First, what is a bumb and who called him that?

Second, all those guys who previously have sent Nievas to a count must be the strongest guys ever, considering there should more than a truck to bring him down according to you.

Third, Calzaghes poor opposition suddenly looks like elite compared to Nievas.

Fourth, try to take a look at yourself in the mirror and make sure your tongue is not attached to Mundines ass.

Fifth, oh why do I bother your post is laughable.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #13
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

Quote:
Just because he dominated doesn't mean he fought well. Les Sherington could probably dominate neivas!
Les who?

BTW I don't think he fought well but he got the job done against an unknown. I'm glad people hold him in such high regards that they expect him to blow through all of his opposition.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #14
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I think hes doing it to keep fight in before a big fight. I hope he does Winky or Hopkins next
Keep dreaming.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #15
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member

Quote:
You guys all need a reality check seriously. Or your seriously dillusional , on weed or something. Hats of too nievas once again. I am positive Calzaghe would not have finished him.
hey ****face look at the facts Jc undeafeated has beaten a real world title holder beaten all who have come before him no1 in the division.
**** JC dominated Lacy who could fart and knock Niveas out.

Mundine beaten by Siaca Ottke and Kessler has not beaten a world title holder is a 2 time interim champ and any of his tomato cans rank much lower than anyone JC has fought. \

So before u comment about how u think JC would fare against certain oppostion wipe the nutsauce from your mouth and look at the FACTS
jb1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum