Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #46
anjawnaymiz
Cleverly's the future!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 308
Default Re: Khan vs Katsidis almost a done deal.

theres a fruit juice company called crack er suprised thats lasted?

ive always said anyone with that tall rangey style that can bang will always give khan fitts, will always be a problem for khan.
anjawnaymiz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #47
TRAVI$
On the grind
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Kahns strategy will be as simple as trying to keep Kats on the end of a jab and cautiously see what openings follow from that.
He's going all Wlad on us.
TRAVI$ is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2010, 09:07 AM   #48
Bad Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

No way could Katsidis win. He's a 135 pounder, Khan is a 140. Thats a big difference and Katsidis couldn't handle that jump in weight. It would be like Marquez vs Floyd. Pointless fight.
Bad Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #49
ed7890
Col. Hunter Gathers
ESB Addict

vCash: 1127

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
I agree, he seems to have a very "by the numbers" style these days. Whatever works I guess...
Ya, credit where credits due, he has tidied himself up well.
ed7890 is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #50
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dog View Post
No way could Katsidis win. He's a 135 pounder, Khan is a 140. Thats a big difference and Katsidis couldn't handle that jump in weight. It would be like Marquez vs Floyd. Pointless fight.
It's not pointless at all and your comparison is a bit daft.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #51
Bad Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
It's not pointless at all and your comparison is a bit daft.
Bad Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #52
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVI$ View Post
He's going all Wlad on us.
Although it makes complete sense for Khan to utilise his height, reach and speed at 140, I do worry that he might become a 'mini Wlad' in light of his recent fights as well. There was only one way to beat Kotelnik, and Khan fought the perfect gameplan in that fight, IMO. Additionally, it's always very difficult to look good against Malignaggi, but I was slightly disappointed with the performance after Roach had been claiming he'd spent a lot of time working on Khan's inside and pressure fighting. Salita's hardly worth mentioning as it was always an epic mismatch.

Khan's jab is looking sensational, and I accept that Rome wasn't built in a day, but I hope there is more to come with regards to Khan's all-round game. Roach has made a very good start with Khan's fundamentals and the improvement in Khan as a fighter is vast.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #53
Sneijder

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiccSense View Post
Benavidez sparring with Manny

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Sparring is like their title fight to these new guys, I donít think either fighter has got anything over a champion Khan.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #54
tony mush
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Why does crac ker come out *******?
racist
tony mush is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #55
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
What pressure fighters has Khan fought since he has been with Roach? Fagan was one, but he isn't anywhere near world class and then he was hampered by a broken leg during the fight. What about the fighters before that, such as Prescott (knocked out as we all know) and Gomez (down and had problems throughout against a past his best super-featherweight).

Katsidis is known over here, is seen as dangerous and is a easy sell. So not much promotion will be needed at all. Then add to the fact that he is a Lightweight, doesn't possess the best chin and cuts easily. Also two of the top 5 Light-Welterweights in the world just so happen to be pressure fighters, so this is a good opportunity to see just how Khan deals with the style against what could be seen as a 'easier' opponent.

Easy to sell, tough but vulnerable, style Khan has struggled with in the past = not a pointless fight.

Then your comparison between Mayweather vs Marquez and Katsidis vs Khan. Kats has been a career Lightweight, is big for the weight and would be jumping up 5 pounds. Marquez hadn't long been in the Lightweight division, isn't that big for the weight and had jumped up 12 pounds to face Mayweather.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #56
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
If Khan is getting knocked around by a 5 fight 18 year old.....doesn't bode well for the Elite 140's
You would have to question the motives of the WildCard management allowing the "official photographer" to release a video showing one of their top men taking a beating...I smell bullshit.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #57
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Quote:
Disagree. Katsidis is big at the weight and shouldn't have a problem moving up 1 division. Other fighters have done far more than that and been successful why not Kats? Its not as if Khan is invulnerable.I'd love to see this fight!
Having said that I would expect Khan to win on points or an eye injury.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #58
SiccSense
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I agree with icemax, doubt this video actually exists, or this beating taking place. However in the video below Khan/Benavidez are sparring at 0:57.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1DUR6W-Hg[/ame]
SiccSense is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #59
Bad Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
What pressure fighters has Khan fought since he has been with Roach? Fagan was one, but he isn't anywhere near world class and then he was hampered by a broken leg during the fight. What about the fighters before that, such as Prescott (knocked out as we all know) and Gomez (down and had problems throughout against a past his best super-featherweight).

Katsidis is known over here, is seen as dangerous and is a easy sell. So not much promotion will be needed at all. Then add to the fact that he is a Lightweight, doesn't possess the best chin and cuts easily. Also two of the top 5 Light-Welterweights in the world just so happen to be pressure fighters, so this is a good opportunity to see just how Khan deals with the style against what could be seen as a 'easier' opponent.

Easy to sell, tough but vulnerable, style Khan has struggled with in the past = not a pointless fight.

Then your comparison between Mayweather vs Marquez and Katsidis vs Khan. Kats has been a career Lightweight, is big for the weight and would be jumping up 5 pounds. Marquez hadn't long been in the Lightweight division, isn't that big for the weight and had jumped up 12 pounds to face Mayweather.
What I'm trying to get at is the fact that they are different weight classes. 140 is jam packed with quality, well known fighters. He doesn't need to fight a lightweight.
Bad Dog is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #60
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
What I'm trying to get at is the fact that they are different weight classes. 140 is jam packed with quality, well known fighters. He doesn't need to fight a lightweight.
Its a good fight if it fill that July 31st date before Ramadan. I doubt Khan would fight (or get) a big name at 140 at that short notice so a Kats fight is better than a marking time one against run of the mill 140lber IMHO.
GazOC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum