Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-22-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

vCash: 4511
Default Unbeaten Universum prospect Zsolt Bedak travels to Puerto Rico to fight Vasquez Jr!

Don't see this happening too often with German fighters (no disrespect).
Respect for Bedak and his team! I'm surprised Universum let him do this.

They must have a lot of confidence he will beat Vasquez Jr.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by boxeo#1; 05-24-2010 at 04:44 AM.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2010, 06:05 AM   #2
Fullhouse
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Unbeaten Universum prospect Pal Bedak travels to Puerto Rico to fight Vasquez Jr!

I think you mixed them up. Pal is fighting on the Chagaev-undercard in germany today.

Zsolt will fight Vasquez next weekend.
Fullhouse is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2010, 04:44 AM   #3
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

Default Re: Unbeaten Universum prospect Pal Bedak travels to Puerto Rico to fight Vasquez Jr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullhouse View Post
I think you mixed them up. Pal is fighting on the Chagaev-undercard in germany today.

Zsolt will fight Vasquez next weekend.
Yup my bad. Thanks.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2010, 05:43 AM   #4
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Unbeaten Universum prospect Zsolt Bedak travels to Puerto Rico to fight Vasquez J

Good fight this one, what do you guys think, Vazquez hits hard but has been wobbled a couple of times himself and Zsolt although not a big puncher is fast and accruate.

Can he take the title away from home though?
micky is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Unbeaten Universum prospect Zsolt Bedak travels to Puerto Rico to fight Vasquez J

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeo#1 View Post
Don't see this happening too often with German fighters (no disrespect).
i feel thats a rumor.. if universum has a chance to they put their fighters they cant sell in Germany on the road. if they pass, fine if not okay..
Sartison
Kotelnik
Sidorenko
Blain
Kraj
Maidana
come to my mind..
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escopeta View Post
i feel thats a rumor.. if universum has a chance to they put their fighters they cant sell in Germany on the road. if they pass, fine if not okay..
Sartison
Kotelnik
Sidorenko
Blain
Kraj
Maidana
come to my mind..
Yep, thatīs what all promoters do actually.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #7
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

Quote:
Sartison
Kotelnik
Sidorenko
Blain
Kraj
Maidana
come to my mind..
The gross of past and present German fighters never fight/fought outside Germany. Let alone when they were an undefeated prospect going to the American continent.

Sartison went closeby to Poland and Hungary.
Sidorenko and Kotelnik were no prospects anymore.

Sturm
Huck
Abraham
Braehmer
Frenkel
Tajbert
Murat
Sylvester
Zbik
Maske
Beyer
Urkal

Also, what made you come to the conclusion Bedak doesn't sell in Germany?
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
Escopeta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The gross of past and present German fighters never fight/fought outside Germany. Let alone when they were an undefeated prospect going to the American continent.

Sartison went closeby to Poland and Hungary.
Sidorenko and Kotelnik were no prospects anymore.

Sturm
Huck
Abraham
Braehmer
Frenkel
Tajbert
Murat
Sylvester
Zbik
Maske
Beyer
Urkal

Also, what made you come to the conclusion Bedak doesn't sell in Germany?
Sartison travled to Denmark to fight Kessler when he was a undefeated prospect. Beyer won his first world title in the UK.
Sturm fought DHL in Las Vegas.. both were undefeated at that stage. Abraham is in the Super6
Urkal lost his 0 to Tszyu in the US, Kotelnik lost his 0 to Mbaye in France and later fought various times in the UK. Sidorenko went to Japan to defend his belt.. The Cruiser division is only big in Germany, who would pay for Huck, Frenkel outside germany? At least there are rumors that Frenkel and Murat are going to fight Macca and Cleverly in the UK next. Braehmer and Maske of course are different stories but Sylvester and Zbik are nothing special no one cares about them. Also most of them mentioned were not with Universum. Back in 2003/04 Universum tried to make some noise in US. Vitali Klitschko vs Lewis, Sturm vs DHL, Gregorian vs Freitas but that didnt really worked too well for them..
Zsolt Bedak is commonly deemed to be the less talented of the two and a 122lbs fighter from Hungary will never be big in Germany..
However my point was that it happens often that Universums send commonly unknown fighter straight into barely winnable matchups and only the ones who are famous in germany get in that protection system..
Escopeta is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #9
Chillman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bedak's last fight, the WBO Eliminator against Ramie Laput:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNtUbZOymDk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBw_Vz7Sqwo[/ame]
Chillman is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #10
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

With Universum's TV contract coming to an end, it's no surprise they are cashing out. This is a solid 122lbs match-up though. Bedak beat Mares in a slugfest in Athens who just produced a FOTY candidate vs. Perez, and this one could be a treat as well.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #11
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

Quote:
Sartison travled to Denmark to fight Kessler when he was a undefeated prospect. Beyer won his first world title in the UK.
Sturm fought DHL in Las Vegas.. both were undefeated at that stage. Abraham is in the Super6
Urkal lost his 0 to Tszyu in the US, Kotelnik lost his 0 to Mbaye in France and later fought various times in the UK. Sidorenko went to Japan to defend his belt.. The Cruiser division is only big in Germany, who would pay for Huck, Frenkel outside germany? At least there are rumors that Frenkel and Murat are going to fight Macca and Cleverly in the UK next. Braehmer and Maske of course are different stories but Sylvester and Zbik are nothing special no one cares about them. Also most of them mentioned were not with Universum. Back in 2003/04 Universum tried to make some noise in US. Vitali Klitschko vs Lewis, Sturm vs DHL, Gregorian vs Freitas but that didnt really worked too well for them..
Zsolt Bedak is commonly deemed to be the less talented of the two and a 122lbs fighter from Hungary will never be big in Germany..
However my point was that it happens often that Universums send commonly unknown fighter straight into barely winnable matchups and only the ones who are famous in germany get in that protection system..
I/we were talking undefeated prospects.

Fact remains that it doesn't happen often that a German promotional company sends their undefeated prospects to another continent into their opponents backyard against a dangerous opponent.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #12
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
Yep, thatīs what all promoters do actually.
Of course. Top Rank and Golden Boy send their undefeated prospects all over the world to fight dangerous guys in their backyard.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #13
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillman View Post
Bedak's last fight, the WBO Eliminator against Ramie Laput:

Thanks Cm
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 02:47 AM   #14
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Good fight Bedak did well in rounds 1 and 3 and was level after 4 rounds but he was having to work very very hard and Vazquez power and strength began to tell and it was very hard for Bedak to stay in there.

He was very brave,however, and competed well despite losing rounds 5-9 and was hurt a couple of times during those sessions whilst still trying to throw back.

Finally in the 10th he took a big shot and Vazquez finished well, Bedak rose to his feet but the corner called it a day and it was the right call.

Bedak is good make no mistake but Vazquez has real abilities for a kid who never fought as an amateur.

Good fight
micky is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2010, 05:11 AM   #15
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
Of course. Top Rank and Golden Boy send their undefeated prospects all over the world to fight dangerous guys in their backyard.
We were talking about prospects no one wants to see in their homecountry, right?
bodhi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum