Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2007, 05:13 AM   #16
Sai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 110
Default Re: Would you consider getting back in the ring again?

Nope, Im shit
Sai is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 05:57 AM   #17
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa
Maybe you've been there, done that and have chose something different, but would you reconsider after all you only live once!
i had a hand full of amature a few years back then i had a stroke(no not that kind u dirty boys).
but have started sparring at the gym and got all clear from the doc so i will have a pro fight early next year

Last edited by huricn; 10-16-2007 at 06:20 AM.
huricn is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #18
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by huricn
i had a hand full of amature a few years back then i had a stroke(no not that kind u dirty boys).
but have started sparring at the gym and got all clear from the doc so i will have a pro fight early next year
**** bro - how you feeling now? stroke is very rare for your age; what happened?
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #19
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Im 21 at moment and lucky enough to be making good cash playing rugby league so boxing aint on the page at the moment.Still train once a week with my uncle who is a former aus amateur champ(back in the 80's lol).

I like to spar but my contract doesnt allow me to really do too much physical shit outside of footy.

Though if footy doesnt pan out how im hoping it does within the next few years i might jump back in the ring..Though i like bragging about my 5-0 amateur record.Could be tooting my own horn but think i could be a aus champ if i took boxing seriously.My best weight would be super middle weight in the pros and middleweight in amateurs..Cant see my bod getting back there as my footy weight is 87kgs at moment..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #20
crash
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

it whould be nice to have 1 more,but in reality id end up looking like this again,lol,plus my son seems to get the better of me now,hes 17,6ft 3,i used to box amature,in w.a,for a few yrs,and in the army,sparred Gary Wills,in the early 90s,when he was the australian cruiserweight champ,,,,,any1 know what happened to him by the way.
crash is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #21
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
**** bro - how you feeling now? stroke is very rare for your age; what happened?
im fine now. none of the docs i saw could tell me what happened or wat caused it. i am putting it down to a very rough and wild child hood.

but i just feel like i never really got to show ppl how good i thought i was so thats why i will have a pro fight and see what happens after that, i dint want to win a world title or that i just want to know for my self if i could have been a good pro or not. its more for self satisfaction
huricn is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #22
Big Red Meat Axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire
yes I would.... 26th October on the under card of Hollywood Chad Bennett @ Newcastle Panthers should be fun...
Do you train in Newcastle? If so where?

Last edited by Ted Spoon; 08-05-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Big Red Meat Axe is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #23
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Excellent to hear you bounced back Will you let us know when your fight is scheduled?
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 08:56 PM   #24
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa
Excellent to hear you bounced back Will you let us know when your fight is scheduled?
for sure i will let you all know when and where as soon as i do.
still have a fair bit of weight to drop but am training hard. i have been sparring damian smith and will try to arrange some sparring with garry comer and josh clenshaw
huricn is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #25
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
for sure i will let you all know when and where as soon as i do.
still have a fair bit of weight to drop but am training hard. i have been sparring damian smith and will try to arrange some sparring with garry comer and josh clenshaw
what weight are you looking at? cruiser?
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #26
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
what weight are you looking at? cruiser?

no me ideal fight weight while be at midde but i will starting fighting once i hit 75kg
huricn is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 09:03 PM   #27
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
no me ideal fight weight while be at midde but i will starting fighting once i hit 75kg
oh ok cool - i just thought you might have been fighting at light heavy or cruiser because of how tall you look against Briggs
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 09:06 PM   #28
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
oh ok cool - i just thought you might have been fighting at light heavy or cruiser because of how tall you look against Briggs
when i was amature i was fighting at 63.5kg,

Last edited by dmt; 08-05-2006 at 06:04 PM.
huricn is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #29
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

myself i want to fight soon but realistically i think to myself that i might be another 6-18 months off depending on my developement, as im only 19 and currently weigh about 110 (was 130) ive been sitting on that weight for a while now prob bit less actually, ive just started sparring a few times, done millions of rounds of intense body work(i reckon this gets you reel fit), and basically i see myself as theres a few areas i have to work on before i start fighting, that sometimes i do really stupidly when i spar and will get caught with a punch i shouldnt..... im proba harder marker on myself then anybody else so i expect myself to be completely 100 percent when i take my first fight....
theres a few other things but i dont want to rabble on if anyone isnt interest lol , but if they are just ask.....
maco_187 is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #30
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maco_187
myself i want to fight soon but realistically i think to myself that i might be another 6-18 months off depending on my developement, as im only 19 and currently weigh about 110 (was 130) ive been sitting on that weight for a while now prob bit less actually, ive just started sparring a few times, done millions of rounds of intense body work(i reckon this gets you reel fit), and basically i see myself as theres a few areas i have to work on before i start fighting, that sometimes i do really stupidly when i spar and will get caught with a punch i shouldnt..... im proba harder marker on myself then anybody else so i expect myself to be completely 100 percent when i take my first fight....
theres a few other things but i dont want to rabble on if anyone isnt interest lol , but if they are just ask.....
where abouts do u train
huricn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum