Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-18-2007, 06:02 PM   #91
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Would you consider getting back in the ring again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
How did training go last night Leckie?? Did you skip mate?

I hit the focus pads last night, felt pretty good, i just wish my mates new a little more about boxing so they could correct me if my technique. I think i hold my shoulders too high still from Muay Thai.
i train pretty hard. i did skip for about 6min, but because i have put a heap of weight on since i last skipped i felf like i needed a bra .

i am propably going to have a few ams just to finish out this year.

i dont recommend u do to much on the pads with a novice cause u will pick up alot of bad habbits. are u training for fitness or to have fight
huricn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2007, 06:23 PM   #92
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by huricn
i train pretty hard. i did skip for about 6min, but because i have put a heap of weight on since i last skipped i felf like i needed a bra .

i am propably going to have a few ams just to finish out this year.

i dont recommend u do to much on the pads with a novice cause u will pick up alot of bad habbits. are u training for fitness or to have fight
Well done mate!! you did it, and now you can only get better at it.

Yeah i know what your saying, but im very hard on myself, and try and correct myself if i can.

I follow the basics, keepin my hands up, hands straight back to the chin after i punch, punch from my chin, not drop my hands then punch.

Mate id love to have a fight, i just have to get to the boxing gym to make it happen. I think if Geale fought down here again , id be able to get on the card,there is not many fighters in tassie.

So what weight will you get down to?

Im 5"10 and 70kg atm, but i think i could drop to 65kg pretty easy.

Id love to have a good spar with a boxer, iv only sparred Kickboxing.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #93
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well done mate!! you did it, and now you can only get better at it.

Yeah i know what your saying, but im very hard on myself, and try and correct myself if i can.

I follow the basics, keepin my hands up, hands straight back to the chin after i punch, punch from my chin, not drop my hands then punch.

Mate id love to have a fight, i just have to get to the boxing gym to make it happen. I think if Geale fought down here again , id be able to get on the card,there is not many fighters in tassie.

So what weight will you get down to?

Im 5"10 and 70kg atm, but i think i could drop to 65kg pretty easy.

Id love to have a good spar with a boxer, iv only sparred Kickboxing.
idealy i would love to make it to 70kg but thats still about 18kgs away.
but when im fit and feel comfurtable with my preperation i will turn pro.

but as an am i will fight at this weight and go down from there.

if u ever come to sydney i will love to sparr u.

do u shadow box at all(infront of a mirror) cause that is a great way to watch your technec and improve on it
huricn is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 07:06 PM   #94
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
idealy i would love to make it to 70kg but thats still about 18kgs away.
but when im fit and feel comfurtable with my preperation i will turn pro.

but as an am i will fight at this weight and go down from there.

if u ever come to sydney i will love to sparr u.

do u shadow box at all(infront of a mirror) cause that is a great way to watch your technec and improve on it
WOW 18kg to drop, well mate, good luck, but if you eat right and train hard im sure you could get it off in say 18 months. Is that about the time frame your thinking it will take? It might be a good idea not to think of the weight and just see how much comes off youin time.

Im comin in march i think, mate we should catch up, ill come to your gym for sure.

Last night between the pads we shadow box in front of a mirror, but it always looks to me as my shoulders are too high, like im trying to touch my ears with them, or maybe thats because i have my chin down. You will be able to tell me i guess mate. Ill have to video myself soon doin some work.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #95
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
WOW 18kg to drop, well mate, good luck, but if you eat right and train hard im sure you could get it off in say 18 months. Is that about the time frame your thinking it will take? It might be a good idea not to think of the weight and just see how much comes off youin time.

Im comin in march i think, mate we should catch up, ill come to your gym for sure.

Last night between the pads we shadow box in front of a mirror, but it always looks to me as my shoulders are too high, like im trying to touch my ears with them, or maybe thats because i have my chin down. You will be able to tell me i guess mate. Ill have to video myself soon doin some work.
mate if your chin is tucked in properly i can look like your shoulder are abit high from certain angels. but u are doing the right thing always keep ur chin down, hands up, punch from the chin and bring your hands back as fast as u throw them out.

for sure if u come up u are more then welcome to come to the gym.

i have been training for 4 weeks and have dropped 7 kgs already.
huricn is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #96
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
mate if your chin is tucked in properly i can look like your shoulder are abit high from certain angels. but u are doing the right thing always keep ur chin down, hands up, punch from the chin and bring your hands back as fast as u throw them out.

for sure if u come up u are more then welcome to come to the gym.

i have been training for 4 weeks and have dropped 7 kgs already.
All sounds good
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #97
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Where are your training clips mate? Still waiting... Have you done any Maui Thai sparring at all?
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #98
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Where are your training clips mate? Still waiting... Have you done any Maui Thai sparring at all?
I still havent done any, ill probaly do them alone so ill just shadow box, feel like a bit of a tool asking my mates to tape me hitting the pads, but thats being a *****, and ill just do it ok.

Oh **** yeah mate, iv done heaps and heaps of kickboxing sparring, we sparred every lesson at my old gym and iv sparred against other styles a fair bit.

Im a good kickboxer, i have good reactions to shin blocking still, still throw a mean round kick, ill never forgot how to kickbox, i used to take the classes when the trainer couldnt show up.
Marcus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum