Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Does Prince 'Naz' Hamed deserve spot in Boxing's Hall of Fame?
Yes 52 70.27%
No 22 29.73%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2007, 09:37 AM   #46
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Poll: Does Prince 'Naz' Hamed deserve spot in Boxing's Hall of Fame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
Hamed, while clearly an unpleasant man, is deserving because he made boxing exciting. people who had turned off for years knew who he was: he transcended the sport while he was active.

If being a fanny stopped you from being recognised as a great at anything, a large proportion of people would be ignored. The most talented people are often utter twats.
to be honest so many people wanted ali koed....only later did they accept him.

if naz came back he would certinaly become a atg he had so much power for a small guy (which became his down fall)

he just became a pure puncher no combo's no placing lesss counters just big bombs hoping he could end the fight.

he was incredibly hard to hit and as unorthodox as he was he could bang brawl and take a beating.

even in his "exposure" (which is silly as it was known for ages that naz could get outboxed it was just he was always going to end strong and land the harder faster shots and end the fight) to berrera it wasnt a one sided beat down it was more of a loss by being out pointed welll it was devestating and he fought one more time with little fire and it looked over and out for him.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2007, 09:38 AM   #47
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

Default Re: Poll: Does Prince 'Naz' Hamed deserve spot in Boxing's Hall of Fame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie007
If people on this forum feel so strongly about Steve robinson in the hof....then start a poll on the main board. GO ON I DARE YOU
becuase no americans know who steve robinson is

just becuase he never fought in america seems like he was a sub standard fighter

your a joke man
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 09:57 AM   #48
Holmes' Jab
Master Jabber
ESB Addict

Despite the fact that as a person he's an utter, lowlife scumbag he was a very good fighter. Based purely on boxing ability and his career I'd probably be inclined to give him the nod.
Holmes' Jab is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 11:16 AM   #49
eddie007
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West
becuase no americans know who steve robinson is

just becuase he never fought in america seems like he was a sub standard fighter

your a joke man
No man your the ****ing joke, put it on this part of the forum and boxrec and ricky hattons site. They will ****ing Laugh at you, you MUG.
eddie007 is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #50
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Your the joke, steve robinson shouldn't be in the hall of fame, i agree with that, however you have stated that naz shouldn't either. Have you ever seen the fighter's that get into the hall of fame, naz is a lock for the hall of fame like him or not and to say he was a nobody etc shows up what little knowledge you have about boxing, go back to the contender.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 11:45 AM   #51
eddie007
Journeyman

[quote=hotti_killer]Your the joke, steve robinson shouldn't be in the hall of fame, i agree with that, however you have stated that naz shouldn't either. Have you ever seen the fighter's that get into the hall of fame, naz is a lock for the hall of fame like him or not and to say he was a nobody etc shows up what little knowledge you have about boxing, go back to the contender.[/quote

What your're trying to say i no nothing about pro boxing.....considering i'm a pro that would be very difficult AGREED. And yes on further thought naz does semm to merit induction, i probably just had clouded vision because i hated the way he treated his opponents. Also i never said he was a nobody.
eddie007 is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 11:49 AM   #52
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

List us your name on boxrec then m8
Old 10-18-2007, 12:21 PM   #53
eddie007
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti_killer
List us your name on boxrec then m8

Why do you not believe me or something?

Last edited by Amsterdam; 08-07-2006 at 08:44 PM.
eddie007 is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #54
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The simple answer would be no, if your a pro then your on boxrec if not don't say you are.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #55
eddie007
Journeyman

Quote:
The simple answer would be no, if your a pro then your on boxrec if not don't say you are.
I'm very much on boxrec, but i'm not about to divulge who i am. but lets just say over the next couple of years i very much hope to become quite big in Britain at a weight just above smw.
eddie007 is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #56
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well as you can see from my picture i am actually lennox lewis, lol
Old 10-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #57
eddie007
Journeyman

Quote:
Well as you can see from my picture i am actually lennox lewis, lol

eddie007 is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #58
Steve Fox
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[quote=eddie007]
Quote:
Your the joke, steve robinson shouldn't be in the hall of fame, i agree with that, however you have stated that naz shouldn't either. Have you ever seen the fighter's that get into the hall of fame, naz is a lock for the hall of fame like him or not and to say he was a nobody etc shows up what little knowledge you have about boxing, go back to the contender.[/quote

What your're trying to say i no nothing about pro boxing.....considering i'm a pro that would be very difficult AGREED. And yes on further thought naz does semm to merit induction, i probably just had clouded vision because i hated the way he treated his opponents. Also i never said he was a nobody.
The most respected opinions in boxing aren't generally those of boxers though are they? After Lewis' victory over Vitali, Duke McKenzie said 'if he'd have put in a performance like that against Roy Jones or Chris Byrd, he'd have lost'.
Steve Fox is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #59
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

[quote=Steve Fox]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie007
The most respected opinions in boxing aren't generally those of boxers though are they? After Lewis' victory over Vitali, Duke McKenzie said 'if he'd have put in a performance like that against Roy Jones or Chris Byrd, he'd have lost'.
See that is what is wrong with that statement. Some boxers actually are excellent judges.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #60
mmickyward
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro88o
the only reason naz was a big name is because he had a big mouth. nothing to do with talent or career accomplishment. as soon as he came up against a world level fighter he got found out...he was lucky to hang in against kelly but barrera showed him up for what he truely was/is..a gobshite in frilly shorts
gobshite in frilly shorts ha ha!!!! couldnt put it better myself

and **** yeah steve robbo should be in the hall of fame
mmickyward is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum