One Punch KO is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
One Punch KO
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans

What's everyone thinking about this event then?

Even with Little Nog vs. Forrest Griffin becoming Little Nog vs. Jason Brilz, this is still a hot card. One of the biggest events without a title fight we've seen in a long time.

I'm going with Rashad in the main event. I might be in the minority here, but I think he'll pull off the win.
One Punch KO is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
Spunik
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This should be the popular thread in the MMA section....

I'll be shocked if Rashad wins....Rampage should KO him
Spunik is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
PNoyFightFanUSN
Larry Don't Give a ****
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I actually figured most people would take Rashad over the worst coach in TUF history.

Rashad has better overall skills and is better wrestler.I think the only thing that Rampage has over Rashad is brute strength.
PNoyFightFanUSN is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

I fancy Rampage for this. I wouldn't look to much into Rampage as a trainer most of his talent seems to be down to him knowing what to do and his physicality than being well trained.

Looking forward to seeing lil Nog again. Not sold on the main card not too many interesting fights imo, not been following MMA as close as i was last year though.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

This is going to be easy for Rashad. Too much speed and just as strong, people forget that Rashad was fighting HW at TUF and he dominated at times.

Rampage will get exposed for the overrated one dimensional fighter he is.

One thing Rampage is famous for is his ability to absorb a beating, it wont be any different Saturday.

He beat two old shot fighters (Liddell and Wand) I just dont get it.

Last edited by chimba; 05-25-2010 at 09:23 PM.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #7
TheMaverick
Glazer Out

vCash: 500

I'm going for Rampage, he's such a animal, who's strength will ultimately come out on top!
TheMaverick is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
Ya Boy NeXt
Guily of the Art
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

What you have to remember is Rampage beat Chuck twice, and even though he wasn't in his prime the second time, he was still the LHW champion and Rampage came in and did his thing. Rashad's KO was more brutal but it wasn't the same Chuck.

I just don't see how Rashad isn't going to get caught with something big from Rampage, he's going to so his little smile and give his "you ain't shit" grin but he's going to catch more and more and get KO'd.
Ya Boy NeXt is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #9
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Boy NeXt View Post
What you have to remember is Rampage beat Chuck twice, and even though he wasn't in his prime the second time, he was still the LHW champion and Rampage came in and did his thing. Rashad's KO was more brutal but it wasn't the same Chuck.

I just don't see how Rashad isn't going to get caught with something big from Rampage, he's going to so his little smile and give his "you ain't shit" grin but he's going to catch more and more and get KO'd.
Are you insinuating that the Chuck Rampage fought isnt the same Chuck that Rashad fought? Yes Rashad might get caught but highly unlikely since the only two fighters Rampage has ever caught with his telegraph punches are Old Chuck and Shot Wand.

In the first Chuck fight, he was getting tagged but like I said he takes a good beating and he grinded Chuck down. And even though that was prime Liddell, that wasnt a champion Liddell.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #10
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

I like Rashad on this one. I think he's the better wrestler and perhaps the more intelligent fighter. Rampage has a way of surprising me from time to time though. I didn't expect him to beat Dan Henderson.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #11
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Boy NeXt View Post

He couldn't KO Jardine who's been sparked cold by every halfway decent fighter that he's faced in the past couple of years. Don't get me wrong, I think that Rampage is more than capable stopping Evans, but I'm baffled by the people who think that it's a guaranteed outcome in this fight.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #12
Svengali
Life. ***. Death.
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Evans by decision.
Svengali is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #13
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't think Rashad is going to have tons of success trying to take down Rampage. Rampage has solid takedown defense. Also, Jardine (and Forrest for that matter) posed a very particular problem because they have some of the best leg kicks in the division, and Rampage is no good at checking leg kicks. Rashad doesn't utilize leg kicks so much.

Silva definitely hurt Rashad in their fight. I think Rampage has good enough boxing and too much power for Rashad. I just don't think Rashad is going to be able to avoid that powerful left hook all night and when it connects I think Page is going to finish him. Rampage has shown a good beard in the past (basically only lethal knees to his face have ever really hurt him that i've seen).

I have Rampage in this fight by KO. I am not counting out Rashad or trying to discredit him, he is one of the very best fighters in the LHW division without a doubt. I just think Rampage is a bad matchup for him stylistically. Rashad's striking and style resembles to me Chuck Lidell + occasional takedowns. For this reason I think Rampage is all wrong for him.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2010, 03:15 AM   #14
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

I'm hyped for the main event. Looking forward to see Bisping because he is British and I think he an still evolve into a better fighter. Want to see more than 7 seconds of powerhouse Duffee. Lil Nog should be okay and want to see another Brith in Hathway.

Good thing about MMA, is that more often than not, they come to fight because they are hungry, want to get a ko bonus etc So you can get someone like Lil Nog facing an easy opponent but who will at least come to fight otherwise they go home with no money and will get cut.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2010, 06:47 AM   #15
NSFW
ESB interacial lovin...
ESB Addict

vCash: 2266

I actually quite like the main event. Hopefully we get a destructive double KO.
NSFW is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum