Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
Hitman_Hatton
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Come on Gomez!!!

Hope Mike does the job on Johansson this friday. I have my doubts but think theres a fair chance Mike could get him out of there early. From all reports Johansson seemed rather rattled and slightly intimidated by Gomez at last weeks presser so thats a good sign. Im under no illusions that Gomez has seen better days but i think he may have got into Carl's head who may also still be reeling from getting absolutely destroyed in his last fight. Mike has more than a fair chance. One thing is for sure it will be fun while it lasts!!!

Come on Michael!!!!
Hitman_Hatton is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Default Re: Come on Gomez!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing John Fewkes v Gary Reid on the undercard of this one - hope Sky show it. I'll be rooting for Fewkes!
elle is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoborp
I Know Mike, and i can assure you now, Gomez wins this fight easily, trust me mike knocks seven bells out of Johansson.

Gomez TKO 5
you were hanging around on that other thread if I remember correctly, spouting the same guff. " I know Gomez so that means he will win the fight blah blah"

When I took you to task on it & asked you to explain your reasons & of course I explained why I picked Johanneson to win, you disappeared quick style.

So what if you bumped into Gomez in a pub & got his autograph, that doesnt mean hes going to win.

& please, if Gomez does pull of the upset, dont come in screaming like you are the new god of the forum. Cos upsets do happen in boxing, but you didnt say why Gomez would win. You are just throwing your ball on the roulette wheel, & hoping it comes up red.

Thats no way to win respect here newb. You got some time left, lets hear some reasons why Gomez will pull of the upset! I just set the 'respect clock'

tick tock...
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I vote we appoint Dunky as head of the welcome committee for the British Forum......
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
Big Ears
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
I vote we appoint Dunky as head of the welcome committee for the British Forum......
motion granted .

I expect this to be a great fight and I really don't care who wins once my expectations are met . Slight chance of a war maybe ?
Big Ears is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
Tuavale
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Cool Re: Come on Gomez!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
you were hanging around on that other thread if I remember correctly, spouting the same guff. " I know Gomez so that means he will win the fight blah blah"

When I took you to task on it & asked you to explain your reasons & of course I explained why I picked Johanneson to win, you disappeared quick style.

So what if you bumped into Gomez in a pub & got his autograph, that doesnt mean hes going to win.

& please, if Gomez does pull of the upset, dont come in screaming like you are the new god of the forum. Cos upsets do happen in boxing, but you didnt say why Gomez would win. You are just throwing your ball on the roulette wheel, & hoping it comes up red.

Thats no way to win respect here newb. You got some time left, lets hear some reasons why Gomez will pull of the upset! I just set the 'respect clock'

tick tock...
I'll respond for xoborp.

Gomez has faced better competiton and is far more battle tested. Johanneson has not fought many punchers. When he has, like Leva, he came up short - twice. The mercurial Gomez is not used up and is taking boxing more seriously than he has in a while. He's fought, and beaten, better.
Tuavale is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #7
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoborp
I Know Mike, and i can assure you now, Gomez wins this fight easily, trust me mike knocks seven bells out of Johansson.

Gomez TKO 5

Welcome to ESB xoborp!

There is a really good piece about Gomez on BritishBoxing.net by our Terry D that is worth checking out.
elle is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 06:25 PM   #8
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

How Is this fight even considered to be competitive when Gomez struggled with Thorpe since he returned?
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #9
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
“I'll be sat there afterwards with my family and the British title. I'll only get up to nip off and piss up some blood. I can't wait.”
So Is he going to fight stupid then?
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 06:36 PM   #10
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuavale
I'll respond for xoborp.

Gomez has faced better competiton and is far more battle tested. Johanneson has not fought many punchers. When he has, like Leva, he came up short - twice. The mercurial Gomez is not used up and is taking boxing more seriously than he has in a while. He's fought, and beaten, better.
Now thats what I am talking about, people putting their neck on the line like you have Tuavale. THATS what this forum should be about, people putting their neck on the block like a true man, none of this "Gomez will win cos hes Gomez" shit.

Respect to you Tuavale

As for this Xopork guy? The clock is still ticking. can he make a valid boxing point before the fight takes place in under 24 hours?

Tick tock...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:07 PM   #11
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

As for my good men GazOC & Bigears putting my name forward for honours here, thanks you pair of ****ers

Poor old me, Im not half being painted as ESB's no1 bad guy!

You boys better watch though, just incase Achilles brings me on board to help get this place well & truly rocking!

Now theres a sobering thought, eh?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #12
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Sobering? Its half 3 now, I've been drinking since 9 and thats just straightened me out in a flash!!!

I'll have to have another Bailies just get myself off to sleep....
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 03:33 AM   #13
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty

tick tock...
ha ha you should sign up for the joe calzaghe forum mate. plenty of arguements to have on there!!!
knighty is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 03:34 AM   #14
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Chin may be a big factor in this. If they shoot out, Carls chin may give.

I want Gomez to win because I want to see him rematch Arthur.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 05:27 AM   #15
RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Two great interviews on Britishboxing.net. C'mon Michael!!!
RichDam is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum