Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-17-2007, 07:19 AM   #16
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arthur set for Foster Jnr defence

As a Scot i have only really warmed up to Arthur the past few years up until his bettering from gomez he was a ****y, arrogant prick but seemed to learn from that and slowly i took to him but this is just bullshit if he truely wants to be a world champ he has to fight the best out there it seems as if FW has pulled out another bobby gunn type fight.

Also 1 or 2 people have said that John Simpson was offered this fight before foster jr but thats untrue there was some rumours but not once was Alex morrison or john offered it but as in the rumours they reason john knocked it back was to win the lonsdale belt outright thatwould have been the case anyway John is looking to fight on the undercard of that bill.
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2007, 07:20 AM   #17
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by you OUT...SUCKA

Arthur has really improved. He's almost as good as Macarinelli and Hatton for talking up and twisting the truth on bullishit opponents. What a load of ****ing bollocks.
you took the words right out of my mouth!
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 07:58 AM   #18
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Some of the publicity i've read for this fight is truly cringeworthy.

"Arthur prepares for toughest test yet" - who are they kidding?

See a quote from Arthur saying "you never know in boxing what to expect" - is it too much for fans to expect more than pointless match ups and fighters padding their records? We are seeing more and more of it these days which is bad for boxing.
elle is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 08:00 AM   #19
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Arthur wanted Guzman but he will not take the bout. He is bigging up his opponent to sell seats, just like they all do.

Arthur should beat Foster comfortably. The one thing he will need to take into account is that Foster has a very good left hook to which Arthur has shown himself vulnerable.
AllyT is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 08:20 AM   #20
AAA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Alex is clearly towing the FW line here at the moment. He isn't going to come out saying Foster is a nobody...especially as he is trying to re-ignite some interest in the Edinburgh area. He needs a good crowd.

The real problem lies with the nonsense over Guzman, and what his plans are. Arthur is left in limbo until that is sorted out, and needs a fight in the meantime. I'm not saying it should or shouldn't have been Foster...but Arthur just needs to keep fighting.
AAA is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 08:55 AM   #21
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

According to BBC Sports website Arthur is in line to take the full WBO crown from Joan Guzman who looks likely to vacate the title.
elle is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 08:55 AM   #22
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i'm keeping a close eye on arthur and his career.fighting nobodies talking them up and claiming they're "ex world champs" and the like.i might just take up the english equivalent stance of dunky on this one!
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #23
AAA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
According to BBC Sports website Arthur is in line to take the full WBO crown from Joan Guzman who looks likely to vacate the title.
But thats been the problem thus far, no official word yet from Guzman. Seems likely to vacate, but hasn't yet...its all a bit Tommy Burns at the moment...'mibbaes aye, mibbaes naw' (sorry to people who that is lost on!)
AAA is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #24
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAA
But thats been the problem thus far, no official word yet from Guzman. Seems likely to vacate, but hasn't yet...its all a bit Tommy Burns at the moment...'mibbaes aye, mibbaes naw' (sorry to people who that is lost on!)
Yeah but surely if alex has to keep fighting they could stick him in with someone more up to his level? Foster has fought nobody even near european level never mind world level yet. Arthur is just fighting a FW ****** fighter with a padded record to just to ''pad up'' his own record!!!

He will gain nothing from the fight that will prepare him for when he fights an 'elite' fighter as he keeps saying he wants to fight and will. He has nothing to win from this fight and everything to lose if he takes foster out early everyone will say it was expected if foster gives him a tough fight everyone will have there doubts wether he is world class or not and if he loses it doesnt bear to think about.

As a Scotsman and an arthur fan i want to see him in there with someone who he can learn from maybe even an ex-champ just a bit over the hill like ****** always did with hatton at least he could take something from the fight this is just apointless exercise to me.
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #25
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

I don't understand Arthur's lack of activity - this is only his second fight this year and its hardly one to get excited about.
elle is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #26
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Are you trying to justify this bullshit?

Call a spade a spade Dunky. You aren't REALLY looking at someone like Guzman, PAC, MAB etc if you are fighting someone like Foster.
No, not at all. I already said on nother similar thread that I was disappointed with this fight. I wanted more, MUCH more for Arthurs next fight.

I was just saying that Foster jnr looks much bigger, faster & stronger at superfeather, & he could be a very live underdog. Just my opinion on the fight itself.

Im not condoning the choice of opponent for Arthur, just giving an honest assesment of Foster Jnrs chances. I think he has one!

Is that so bad?
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #27
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron u.k.
i'm keeping a close eye on arthur and his career.fighting nobodies talking them up and claiming they're "ex world champs" and the like.i might just take up the english equivalent stance of dunky on this one!
Im keeping a close eye on his career too. I was disappointed with Alex calling Foster jnr an 'ex world champ' & all that, & if he gets past Foster jnr & its more meaningless defences next year? Well I might just join you

In all seriousness though, as a stand alone fight its interesting. Maybe this is just ****** holding out hoping Guzman vacates, but he wont. Guzman isnt having problems making weight, I dont know where ****** & Barry McGuigan got their info from, but its way off.

I cant defend Arthur on this one, the criticism is justified this time.

Of course, that wont stop half of Manchester coming up & the whole of England cheering on Foster jnr hoping for a Gomez II Most here saying 'bah humbug' to this fight will be well up for it come fight night, the ESB englanders dont pull the wool over my eyes that much
Old 10-17-2007, 07:10 PM   #28
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Just done a little bit of research and the WBU`s website doesnt even exist anymore! The domain name [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is up for sale and the site seems to have some spurious virus`s/malware linked to it!! BWA HA HA
I remember a rumour that the address of the WBU 'headquarters' was a shed in Torquay!

Anyone else hear that one?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:26 AM   #29
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
I remember a rumour that the address of the WBU 'headquarters' was a shed in Torquay!

Anyone else hear that one?
It was true. That parrot Ian Darke used to say it was a shed up Norwich way so i guess there must have been some truth to it! In anycase they had ZERO credibility and were utterly spurious. ****** should feel shame for tarnishing British boxing with that trash. I cant believe Hatton defended and hid behind that crappy belt for so long and then had the brazen audacity to call himself a world champ when he held that belt!!!
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2007, 05:39 AM   #30
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Apparently Arthur has split with his trainer Billy Nelson after they had only recently resumed their working partnership.
elle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum