HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Tony Bellew-Isaac Chilemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I don't get these types of lies. We're on a boxing forum, someone's gonna find u out.

Although I have assumed people have lied to me about there record before and proven myself wrong in the past... this guy should have at least tried to make it realistic, not an insane am KO record.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #32
EnglishWay
KO King 2010
ESB Addict

vCash: 1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
doubt england will get that far pal....get the boxing tickets
im getting the tickets , i worked it all out on the world cup wall chart today at work if england finish top of there group and were to reach the quarter finals they would play on the 2nd of july , if they were to finish 2nd in the group england would play on the 3rd of july in the quarter finals at 3pm ..so it's sound both ways.

taking the mrs - her first boxing show.
EnglishWay is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #33
saturday_kid
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 905

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishWay View Post
im getting the tickets , i worked it all out on the world cup wall chart today at work if england finish top of there group and were to reach the quarter finals they would play on the 2nd of july , if they were to finish 2nd in the group england would play on the 3rd of july in the quarter finals at 3pm ..so it's sound both ways.

Taking my Mrs an all to her first show, looking forward to it
saturday_kid is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #34
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishWay View Post

sound mate. hopefully she thiunks its **** so u dont have to take her again
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #35
ontheup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

All of these shows are "****" the fighters on the left hand side of the bill have virtually no chance of losing, how can that be fun?
ontheup is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #36
EnglishWay
KO King 2010
ESB Addict

vCash: 1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
sound mate. hopefully she thiunks its **** so u dont have to take her again

i dont want her to dislike it to much otherwise she will be moaning all night.
EnglishWay is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #37
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Think my missus will be coming along to this. Sadly, she liked the ****ing last one
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #38
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
Think my missus will be coming along to this. Sadly, she liked the ****ing last one
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #39
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Not really, there isn't sufficiently good opposition available (within ******'s criteria anyway) to make the fight THAT much bigger.

Domestically there's next to nothing, European-wise not much either..... world level there's Dawson, Pascal, Cloud (all too risky) and a bunch of old men looking to cash out.

It's a good fight, but let's not kid ourselves that it's our Leonard vs Hearns I. It ain't. Still a ****ing good fight though, but I'm putting anything on it ever happening.

****** had bucket loads of light middles a decade ago and hardly any of them fought each other..... I can see this one following the same route unfortunately.
By next year I think Bellew and Cleverly could beat Cloud, Shumenov and Braehmer and I don't even rate Bellew as highly as others. Then you have a world title fight even a unification. Pascal and Dawson will take each other out of the equation and if Dawson wins he is going down to Super Middle.

In 2005 you would of said the same thing about Haye vs Macceranelli.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #40
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Cloud-Johnson winner will beat Clev and Bellew next year IMO
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #41
ontheup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
By next year I think Bellew and Cleverly could beat Cloud, Shumenov and Braehmer and I don't even rate Bellew as highly as others. Then you have a world title fight even a unification. Pascal and Dawson will take each other out of the equation and if Dawson wins he is going down to Super Middle.

In 2005 you would of said the same thing about Haye vs Macceranelli.

The most over-rated fighter/prospect in british boxing Bellew is imo, cleverly will beat him but if he dont he is nowhere near Cloud, Dawson, Pascal and Johnson and never will be.
ontheup is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #42
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheup View Post
The most over-rated fighter/prospect in british boxing Bellew is imo, cleverly will beat him but if he dont he is nowhere near Cloud, Dawson, Pascal and Johnson and never will be.
How is he overated ? He's been on Sky 4 times. He is only just getting credit out there by pundits and the like. He's well respected on here because......

A. A lot of people on here have seen him training, have worked with him and know what he's about
B. He comes across as well on here. Wouldn't it be brilliant for everyone here if 'one of our own' went on to win something ? There's no other boxer in Britain for me who takes as much time for the lads who support him as Bellew does.

He's a superb talent. You dont become a 3x ABA Heavyweight Champion when in reality you shouldn't be at the weight, if you're not a good boxer. He had power at Heavy as an am and he has thunderous power at 175 as a pro. I know in reality being a very good AM means you'll go onto great things as a PRO however Bellew is certainly capable of getting onto the World Stage and competing/winning things there.

I wouldn't say because a lot on here like the lad that he's overated.
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #43
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
How is he overated ? He's been on Sky 4 times. He is only just getting credit out there by pundits and the like. He's well respected on here because......

A. A lot of people on here have seen him training, have worked with him and know what he's about
B. He comes across as well on here. Wouldn't it be brilliant for everyone here if 'one of our own' went on to win something ? There's no other boxer in Britain for me who takes as much time for the lads who support him as Bellew does.

He's a superb talent. You dont become a 3x ABA Heavyweight Champion when in reality you shouldn't be at the weight, if you're not a good boxer. He had power at Heavy as an am and he has thunderous power at 175 as a pro. I know in reality being a very good AM means you'll go onto great things as a PRO however Bellew is certainly capable of getting onto the World Stage and competing/winning things there.

btw you can see allot of his other fights online.

I rate him, but beleive he is over rated by many on here, which is the case fore every boxing on here.

Everything you say is correct but his level of opposition (all be it not his fault due to being avoided) has been very poor so you really cannot judge. Everyone on his record would be beaten comfortably by Cleverly, McIntosh, Groves, DeGale and Jeffries. Maybe not as quickly but it would still be wins.

My worry about Bellew is that someone with a decent body shot would take him apart. Hopefully I am wrong.

I can't really think who the most over rated fighter on here is.....maybe Matt Macklin. Most under rated are DeGale and Khan, thats down to hate more than anything.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #44
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
I rate him, but beleive he is over rated by many on here, which is the case fore every boxing on here.

Everything you say is correct but his level of opposition (all be it not his fault due to being avoided) has been very poor so you really cannot judge. Everyone on his record would be beaten comfortably by Cleverly, McIntosh, Groves, DeGale and Jeffries. Maybe not as quickly but it would still be wins.
Yep fair point Rob. Tony would no doubt agree with that himself. I dont think though he is overated though, merely people are wishing him to succeed due to him being a poster and coming across very well on here. I've seen him train numerous times and seen him sparring too. IMO I can see nothing he can do that Clev can do better. Like he said on here though yesterday hopefully when his fights start lasting a little longer and the better opponents start rolling in he will be able to showcase it a little better.

I dont think we'll see him and Clev till mid-to late 2011 anyways if I'm honest which makes a hell of a lot more sense too
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #45
ontheup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

OK this is my opinion but I saw him win his aba title and have seen him fight many times as an am and pro and imo he is way over rated and is nowhere near as good as he and most of you lot think, ~I would love it if he went on to win a proper world title against a proper world champ but he wont becasue he is not that good. And his power is way over-rated, he hasn't actually knocked anyone out in the pros or put'em to sleep as he says, no one and alot of his am wins were rsc which leaves alot to be desired. World class punchers are fighters like haye and froch, they put fighters to sleep.
ontheup is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum