Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default arslan/herelius - thoughts

Guys what do you think of this fight, not top quality but could be a good one and for a belt of course, somehow!

Arslan very strong and will keep coming but what has he left. Don't know much about Herelius, what can you tell me and what do you think?
micky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337
Default Re: arslan/herelius - thoughts

I love Arslan, he reprstents the kind of fighter you just have to love. A nice guy with great dedication and determination who always comes perfectly trained, comes always to fight and always gives his best. Yes, he is no world beater and rather limited but he makes up for it big time. He got outclassed by Gomez but he tried and gave his best. I guess he still has a few fights left. Herelius is a former hw moving down if he is the one Ive got in mind. Should be a good fight, Arslan fights are never boring.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Herelius has not much power (especially at HW, at CW it's OK) but he can move and he has a decent jab. His style can be compared with Byrd's even if he is not as good of course. It can be noticed he was chosen as a sparring by Wlad's team to prepare for Byrd.
Herelius is not very solid and he was rocked by Monrose even if he clearly beat him on skills. He was also beaten by Sosnowski at HW but since he was a late replacement for Matthew Ellis (one week notice) it's not a clear indication of his level.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 AM   #4
Max Stirner
Journeyman

vCash: 150

I'm looking forward to this fight. Looks like a well matched, crossroads kind of fight. It sounds like a big key to this fight will be Herelius's activity level. He has the right kind of style to beat a guy like Arslan, especially since Arslan has not fought in quite some time and will need rounds to gain his timing and such back. If Herelius sticks to a stick and move program and throws enough punches to keep Arslan from coming in, I think he can win it. You never know with Arslan though. Dude is one tough S.O.B.
Max Stirner is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum