Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #16
brick city
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Hatton beat mayweather....

Ricky does'nt have any skills really, he's just a fast paced fighter with decent power. I notice he has'nt been looking good lately. Any fighter would go down from a shot to the liver any.
brick city is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #17
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

hatton will never beat him
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #18
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Ocean
hatton will never beat him
Sorry but i find that just stupid, even if you were 100% confident in pbf you wouldnt even consider the possibility of him getting beat, there have been bigger upsets than a hatton win over pbf in boxing history. Iv got full confidence in hatton but nothings 100%.
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #19
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

upsets happen when fighters dont prepare properly

if floyd was to be upset in a fight it would have been vs corley or bruseles

not ricky hatton
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 01:48 PM   #20
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Ocean
upsets happen when fighters dont prepare properly

if floyd was to be upset in a fight it would have been vs corley or bruseles

not ricky hatton
Alrite then so what if floyd doesnt prepare properly, my point is nothing is 100% and theres a million things that can go right or wrong for a fighter.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #21
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy2007
Sorry but i find that just stupid, even if you were 100% confident in pbf you wouldnt even consider the possibility of him getting beat, there have been bigger upsets than a hatton win over pbf in boxing history. Iv got full confidence in hatton but nothings 100%.
Its great that you have full confidence in Ricky and in some ways yes he can win but its highly unlikely. See I'm a huge fan of Cotto but when looking at a fight from an unbiased mindset I see Cotto losing an SD and I see the same outcome for Hatton. Both men will have difficulty getting on the inside of PBF they will both eat leather all night trying to do so. Now of course Hatton could tie PBF up and bully him a bit possibly land some shots and hurt PBF same for Cotto though with Cotto his jab is an added incentive. I'm not much of a Hatton fan and I don't like his style but he does have a shot at PBF because he is an elite fighter wheter you like his style or not. Though I find many of his country men overrate him in every way possible.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #22
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

We'd all have to wake up.............
Guru_Too_You is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 01:58 PM   #23
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

When any fighter loses, there is always a certain number of fans that are quick to make excuses for their guy. And it would be no different for Mayweather.

There is a disease that is rampant among many boxing fans where their judgment is clouded to such a degree that it's not possible for their fighter to actually lose legitimately. Similarly, they can't possibly give credit to the guy who beats their fighter.

Which is why before a big fight you always see somebody create a thread called "<insert fighter's name> excuse thread." They know there is going to a barrage of excuses from the fighter's fans on why he lost, and how it isn't really a fair and legitimate loss due to those excuses.
Boinko is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #24
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinko
When any fighter loses, there is always a certain number of fans that are quick to make excuses for their guy. And it would be no different for Mayweather.

There is a disease that is rampant among many boxing fans where their judgment is clouded to such a degree that it's not possible for their fighter to actually lose legitimately. Similarly, they can't possibly give credit to the guy who beats their fighter.

Which is why before a big fight you always see somebody create a thread called "<insert fighter's name> excuse thread." They know there is going to a barrage of excuses from the fighter's fans on why he lost, and how it isn't really a fair and legitimate loss due to those excuses.
So who's been your <insert fighters name>
Caper is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 02:04 PM   #25
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKS
there will be no real excuses. because the only way ricky wins is if mayweather breaks his leg in the fight. i see ricky getting hit with too many shots and sitting down a couple times. his defense just isnt right for floyds offense.
mmmmmmm..

Now when was the last time we saw Ricky sit down a couple of times ??

very intriguing..........

Floyds offenseis notthat great when the opponent fights back a great deal.......... Floyd may just have to trade a bit to win this one..

Then he may just get a shock.......
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 02:06 PM   #26
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper
Its great that you have full confidence in Ricky and in some ways yes he can win but its highly unlikely. See I'm a huge fan of Cotto but when looking at a fight from an unbiased mindset I see Cotto losing an SD and I see the same outcome for Hatton. Both men will have difficulty getting on the inside of PBF they will both eat leather all night trying to do so. Now of course Hatton could tie PBF up and bully him a bit possibly land some shots and hurt PBF same for Cotto though with Cotto his jab is an added incentive. I'm not much of a Hatton fan and I don't like his style but he does have a shot at PBF because he is an elite fighter wheter you like his style or not. Though I find many of his country men overrate him in every way possible.
Okay i might have been over exagerating in my %100 confidence , itll be the toughest fight hes ever faced and itll be bloody hard , but its possible hell win thats my point its the fact that some people have this thing of no intelligent discussion or even half decent banter , just state it as fact that he wont win which is just well stupid.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:03 PM   #27
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy2007
Okay i might have been over exagerating in my %100 confidence , itll be the toughest fight hes ever faced and itll be bloody hard , but its possible hell win thats my point its the fact that some people have this thing of no intelligent discussion or even half decent banter , just state it as fact that he wont win which is just well stupid.
Yes I too find it frustrating when some posters just all out dismiss a fighters chances at another elite....especially when both fighters are undefeated and in their primes. Don't take all the posters seriously though I know plenty of them are out there to bust your balls, hey even I do it from time to time so tuck your chin and come out swinging.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 03:12 PM   #28
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Haha yeh too true
Old 06-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #29
DatBo215
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

As much as i would love to see Floyd lose I am pretty confident that hatton isn't the man to do it. He comes in to wild, his aggressiveness is good, but he smothers his own punches and its alot easier for his clinching style to work with fighters with slower feet than his. Floyd is faster in every aspect and will just simply out move and out box Hatton. Hatton will look good in spirts but would not be able to tie up Mayweather long enough to do enough damage. The ring will be huge and mayweather will have a lot of room to run around. Hatton will eat alot of leather trying to come in and end up grasping for air. I think Floyd wins easy UD. Hatton will find it alot harder to clinch with someone who has faster feet than he does. Oh an please don't make up excuses when Hatton loses. I'm not a real fan of either fighter, but i hate to hear everyones excuse.
DatBo215 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #30
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBo215
As much as i would love to see Floyd lose I am pretty confident that hatton isn't the man to do it. He comes in to wild, his aggressiveness is good, but he smothers his own punches and its alot easier for his clinching style to work with fighters with slower feet than his. Floyd is faster in every aspect and will just simply out move and out box Hatton. Hatton will look good in spirts but would not be able to tie up Mayweather long enough to do enough damage. The ring will be huge and mayweather will have a lot of room to run around. Hatton will eat alot of leather trying to come in and end up grasping for air. I think Floyd wins easy UD. Hatton will find it alot harder to clinch with someone who has faster feet than he does. Oh an please don't make up excuses when Hatton loses. I'm not a real fan of either fighter, but i hate to hear everyones excuse.
Should be a good scrap either way, Mayweather is an advanced version of Collazo though a bit less engaged and a bit more crafty making it a good battle of two champs.
Caper is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum