Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Vitali's Career Defining Moment?
Quitting vs Byrd 17 9.50%
Being stopped in his prime by a fat shot Lennox Lewis 162 90.50%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #151
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
That's crazy, Vitali chased the rematch like a desperate man. Even had a face to face meeting with Lennox in hopes of convincing him into agreeing to a rematch:

Exactly. It was just an act.

Did he think that he "desperate act" after the Lewis fight was going to get the Doctor's decision reversed?

It was just a show.

Vitali knew that fighting an old Great was lose lose.

Even if he had beaten Lewis it would have been "so what?". Just how these things work.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 05:23 AM   #152
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Oh, and the irony about Lewis' mum

Vitali saw the joke.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:35 AM   #153
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
It was all over after the weigh-in, man.

Everytime I see that it ****s me off , Imagine letting yourself be bitch slapped like that , in front of the media no less , I like Vitali but Johnson should've broken his ****in nose with a headbutt for that shit !
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:38 AM   #154
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

All that said Vitalis best moment was coming back and winning the belt back, Peter was dogshit but Vitali still had to beat him.
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:40 AM   #155
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govanmauler View Post
Everytime I see that it ****s me off , Imagine letting yourself be bitch slapped like that , in front of the media no less , I like Vitali but Johnson should've broken his ****in nose with a headbutt for that shit !
No-way. Never provoke someone who can kill you.

It was wise of Johnson to play his role.

They stopped him sucking it because it was "inappropriate" material, but Johnson played his part.
Jazzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:45 AM   #156
nahkis
Robbed
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ...again
Posts: 0
vCash: 75
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Any criticism towards Lennox Lewis on ESB = the army of fanboys will come to the rescue .The man didn't have any flaws and never did anything wrong. The Rahman/McCall losses never really happened because it wasn't "prime Lennox" those nights, same with the struggles with Mercer, Vitali and Holyfield II. Anytime the great Lennox Lewis even got caught by a punch was when he was unmotivated. Because Lewis was actually older than Tyson that stuff about "past prime Tyson" is utter bullshit. The Vitali fight? Don't get them started. He also had an iron chin and was a great commentator for HBO.
nahkis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:48 AM   #157
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo View Post
No-way. Never provoke someone who can kill you.

It was wise of Johnson to play his role.

They stopped him sucking it because it was "inappropriate" material, but Johnson played his part.
Oh no doubt , but if it was me I'd take the kicking and do it anyway , rather take a beating than be made to look so bad like that. From a fighter its reeeaaally surprising.

easy to say sitting here I know but the very first time I saw it I was shouting at Kingpin to react and like i say I was supporting Vitali in that fight.
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:25 AM   #158
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo View Post
Exactly. It was just an act.

Did he think that he "desperate act" after the Lewis fight was going to get the Doctor's decision reversed?

It was just a show.

Vitali knew that fighting an old Great was lose lose.

Even if he had beaten Lewis it would have been "so what?". Just how these things work.
Yeah right, Vitali went mental in the ring after the fight was stopped. He even pushed Lennox around in there soon after demanding a rematch. Vitali wanted to beat that old man bad. He practically begged for a rematch at every opportunity like a broke crack addict would beg for money to get a hit. It got a little pathetic, with Vitali continuing to call Lewis out as late even last year, using the hype of his name being linked with Haye to announce to British fans the fight he still wanted most was Lewis rematch.
Fighting Pride is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #159
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahkis View Post
Any criticism towards Lennox Lewis on ESB = the army of fanboys will come to the rescue .The man didn't have any flaws and never did anything wrong. The Rahman/McCall losses never really happened because it wasn't "prime Lennox" those nights, same with the struggles with Mercer, Vitali and Holyfield II. Anytime the great Lennox Lewis even got caught by a punch was when he was unmotivated. Because Lewis was actually older than Tyson that stuff about "past prime Tyson" is utter bullshit. The Vitali fight? Don't get them started. He also had an iron chin and was a great commentator for HBO.
It's surprising Lewis is getting all this love considering he wasn't that much respected when he was fighting. I suspect his detractors of the past have since moved on to hating the Klits more extremely and so now would rather attack a common enemy in Vitali with Lewis fans.

All the bashing Vitali gets for his fight with Lewis is not warranted. He did all he could in the fight, and was leading on all 3 judges cards. The result was taken out of his hands with the doctor stopping the fight. The rematch was taken out of his hands with Lewis refusing to agree to it. The annals will show Lewis TKO6, which does not reflect what happened. Lewis was smart in retiring. Vitali was extremely unfortunate. That's it. All the shit Vitali gets for this fight is due to an underlying hatred of the man.
Fighting Pride is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #160
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 8,656
vCash: 258
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponysmallhorse View Post
Ibragimov was number 4 if I remember correctly. And Peter was somewhere near.

I thought he had to be as well. However, I found an article that had him at #6. Maybe they were just looking at the year ranking too. You might be right though.

Peter and Wlad were #7 and #8 or abouts when they fought. Think Peter's stock rose after the Wlad and Toney fights.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #161
Jazzo
Non-Facebook Fag
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,780
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
Yeah right, Vitali went mental in the ring after the fight was stopped.
Yes, it was quite embarraasing. Worse than the time he got banished from the Olympics, shaming his nation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
He even pushed Lennox around in there soon after demanding a rematch.
People thought Tyson was bad but at least Tyson, and to a lesser extent Golota had justification in some cases. Klitschko was always a disgrace, and Lewis only answered under duress. Lewis was terrified of getting arrested for murdering Vitali.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
Vitali wanted to beat that old man bad.
Yes, yet given the chance in the ring he got his face mangled until it dangled. Vagina faced Vitali was a notorious bully. Rumour had it that he wanted to get Ali out of retirement on the condition that he was med free and took Olympic styled drug testing to prove it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
He practically begged for a rematch at every opportunity like a broke crack addict would beg for money to get a hit. It got a little pathetic

One could say that...
Jazzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:44 AM   #162
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longcount View Post
you shouldn't judge a heavyweight's condition solely by numbers - look at Ali going into the Holmes fight.
and yet some in this thread have the gall to compare the Holmes-Ali fight to Vitali-Lewis and shamelessly use it as a gauge proving why Vitali is not a true ATG.

Put that Parkinson's stricken Ali in the ring with the Vitali from the the Lewis fight, and Vitali would not only have quickly snatched the torch off him, he'd have smacked him over the head with it a few dozen times and would've murdered that poor old man. He'd do the same to the Louis that fought Marciano, the Holmes that fought Tyson, the Tyson that fought Lewis.
Fighting Pride is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #163
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzo View Post
Yes, it was quite embarraasing. Worse than the time he got banished from the Olympics, shaming his nation.


People thought Tyson was bad but at least Tyson, and to a lesser extent Golota had justification in some cases. Klitschko was always a disgrace, and Lewis only answered under duress. Lewis was terrified of getting arrested for murdering Vitali.


Yes, yet given the chance in the ring he got his face mangled until it dangled. Vagina faced Vitali was a notorious bully. Rumour had it that he wanted to get Ali out of retirement on the condition that he was med free and took Olympic styled drug testing to prove it.



One could say that...
Either your trolling your way through this thread (good job btw), or you have some serious issues concerning Vit Klit
Fighting Pride is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #164
kriszhao
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SLC UTAH
Posts: 2,112
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
It's surprising Lewis is getting all this love considering he wasn't that much respected when he was fighting. I suspect his detractors of the past have since moved on to hating the Klits more extremely and so now would rather attack a common enemy in Vitali with Lewis fans.

All the bashing Vitali gets for his fight with Lewis is not warranted. He did all he could in the fight, and was leading on all 3 judges cards. The result was taken out of his hands with the doctor stopping the fight. The rematch was taken out of his hands with Lewis refusing to agree to it. The annals will show Lewis TKO6, which does not reflect what happened. Lewis was smart in retiring. Vitali was extremely unfortunate. That's it. All the shit Vitali gets for this fight is due to an underlying hatred of the man.

Well put.
kriszhao is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #165
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Essex UK
Posts: 2,159
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko's career defining moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
You know Lewis would've been crucified for retiring if that fight was against anyone other than a Klit. The cut was caused by a missed punch, from the thumb section and laces scraping Vitali's eye. If you want to be technical, yes that classifies as a punch. Still not a convincing way to win, as Lewis fans like to make out it was when they claim simply "he stopped Vitali fair and square". The circumstances of the win merited a rematch. Lewis wouldn't have contemplated it for months otherwise. He took the smart option and retired. If Holyfield had done the same after his draw with Lewis I'm 100% sure he wouldn't be getting the same sympathy Lewis is afforded here.
Sounds like youre clutching at straws here. What about the huge gash on Vitali's cheek and the split top lip?

Was that Lewis' braids?
Neverchair is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013