Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-04-2010, 07:36 AM   #46
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2522
Default Re: Fight Camp 360 Latest Episode

cheers for the link.

I still maintain that FightCamp is far superior than 24/7.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #47
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Arthur Abraham is fastly becoming one of my favourite boxers. . . Cant wait to see how he comes back from defeat.

Green also seems pretty cool. Maybe the wrong choice of words considering he collects comics.
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #48
Havik
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUzi View Post
Green also seems pretty cool. Maybe the wrong choice of words considering he collects comics.
Heh, indeed. We haven't seen much from Green in Fightcamp 360 yet, but I like him. Though maybe that's just because I was looking for a likeable American in this tournament.

A brilliant episode again, it was good to see Froch without his usual bravado for a few moments. Nice to see Froch's people congratulate Kessler after the fight as well.
Havik is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #49
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
your promoter had a handshake agreement with Joe Calzaghe instead of a contract.

You have a point BUT after 12 years there should be some trust between you both and I'll say this I would do a handshake deal and keep it with Frank after knowing him and spending time with after only 3 years.. Mick Hennesy is doing a handshake deal with a guy he's known 5 mins and one that also has an agenda against him as he has 2 fighters in a tournament.. Mick Hennesy has done a disgraceful turn to Carl Froch.. Froch should be a superstar in this country now and he's barely known it's a disgrace...

The fact that his promoter trusted a handshake deal is nothing short of pathetic.. I'll bet not 1 other promoter in that tournament has dealt through a handshake agrement.. Did you see Sauerland as soon as they said the fight is in Nottingham, He said it's not.. Mick says I have a deal with Kalle!! Kalle ain't the one who the final decision lands with!! It's his father!! Mick is out of his depth it's as simple as that..
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #50
safc1990
Goodbye Bolo :(
ESB Addict

vCash: 2952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bellew View Post
Froch should be a superstar in this country now and he's barely known it's a disgrace...
True, it's an absolute shambles how a guy who is in as many exciting fights at world-class level as Froch is that he can't even get a decent TV deal. For all we knock Frank ****** on here Froch would be massive if he had signed with ******.
safc1990 is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #51
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Fat Mick is just a total sham. If Froch had have been a ****** fighter, with his resume and fights, he would be a superstar on PPV.
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #52
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If Carl would have signed with Frank he'd be twice as rich if not 3 times and he'd have still been in this tournament BUT the only difference is he'd have had proper and respected representation!! Frank has dealt with every major player in the game and is respected worldwide.. Hennesy ain't even the best promoter in his city never mind anywhere else..

Just look at his lads now.. O'Donnell,Barker,Daws,Murray and Fury the list is endless!! He's ruining are young fighters he really is...
Old 06-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #53
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
If Carl would have signed with Frank he'd be twice as rich if not 3 times and he'd have still been in this tournament BUT the only difference is he'd have had proper and respected representation!! Frank has dealt with every major player in the game and is respected worldwide.. Hennesy ain't even the best promoter in his city never mind anywhere else..

Just look at his lads now.. O'Donnell,Barker,Daws,Murray and Fury the list is endless!! He's ruining are young fighters he really is...
I guess your from liverpool so you don't read the Sun. ******s column is utter nonsense every week. Just slagging of any fighter thats not promoted by him, even slagging of hard working people like Dave Coldwell. Comes out with classics like "Enzo rocked Haye in the 1st round"

Froch would never be in the tournement if he was with ******. Firstly ****** would never risk a fighter like that. Look at Calzaghes first 3 defences compared to Carls. He may have been more well known but he would be WBO champion defending agaisnt Paul Smith in Nottingham.

Its the fact Hennesey took risks with Froch, getting him the WBC title agaisnt Pascal and going to the US to fight Taylor. Without that US exposure he would not have been in the tournement, and he is the biggest name British fighter in the US ahead of Khan and Haye.

Frank may be good at earning fighters money and making them big names, but he hasn't done much of that latley. Cleverly, Brook and Burns his prospects closest to world titles have not had a fight in there home towns for some time. Kevin Mitchell had faced such a poor level of opposition going into his fight with Katsidis he was not ready. Completley outclassed mentally and physically.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #54
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
I guess your from liverpool so you don't read the Sun. ******s column is utter nonsense every week. Just slagging of any fighter thats not promoted by him, even slagging of hard working people like Dave Coldwell. Comes out with classics like "Enzo rocked Haye in the 1st round"

Froch would never be in the tournement if he was with ******. Firstly ****** would never risk a fighter like that. Look at Calzaghes first 3 defences compared to Carls. He may have been more well known but he would be WBO champion defending agaisnt Paul Smith in Nottingham.

Its the fact Hennesey took risks with Froch, getting him the WBC title agaisnt Pascal and going to the US to fight Taylor. Without that US exposure he would not have been in the tournement, and he is the biggest name British fighter in the US ahead of Khan and Haye.

Frank may be good at earning fighters money and making them big names, but he hasn't done much of that latley. Cleverly, Brook and Burns his prospects closest to world titles have not had a fight in there home towns for some time. Kevin Mitchell had faced such a poor level of opposition going into his fight with Katsidis he was not ready. Completley outclassed mentally and physically.

This makes it even more ridiculous that hardly anyone has a clue who Carl Froch is. Look at the fights Froch has had - Pascal, Taylor, Dirrell and Kessler - yet fat mick can't even sort out a tv deal. ****** might be a lot of things and might not be everyobody's cup of tea, but if Carl was fighting with ****** backing him, he'd be a household name now. As it is, he went through the domestic scene, European scene, won a world title in a brilliant fight against Pascal, knocked Jermain Taylor out in his back yard, and hardly anybody in this country knew anything about it.

This would all be laughable if Hennessey was'nt in charge of so many promising British fighters. He's out of his depth and has been for a good while.
The Blackout is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #55
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You say Mitchell faced no one but let's not forget that after he beat Prescott a lot of people were tipping him to beat Katsidis.. Let's be honest it just wasn't Kevins night but he wasn't out of his depth at all... He just got done by a better man on the night.. he should have shown Katsidis the same fear he showed Prescott that's all..

Frank might have a go at people in the sun I don't read it to be honest BUT I will say this he is the best promoter in Europe and has been for about 3 decades.. The man knows the business inside out..I firmly believe that Froch would be in the super 6 if he was with Frank.. The money that's involved in it.. You think he'd have said no????

Calzaghe fought Kessler,Lacy and Hopkins.. All fights Frank promoted and all fights people thought Calzaghe could lose!! Ok he made a bunch of terrible defences but that's not a one way thing ya know.. It works both ways.. Let's not forget that Frank made the Glen Johnson fight 3 times and had to pay Johnson 50k the last time as a down payment only for JC to pull out..

Back to Froch, He'd have been in the super 6 like I said before the money alone would have had him in the tournament. I still think Froch could go with Frank and he'd be bigger in 1 year here than he has in about 6 with Hennesy.. My point in this whole thread is that Carl Froch is a brilliant fighter and he's been undersold and marketed terrbile by Mick Hennesy.. Surely Rob you can't deny that pal???
Old 06-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #56
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Mick Hennesy has done a disgraceful turn to Carl Froch.. Froch should be a superstar in this country now and he's barely known it's a disgrace...

The fact that his promoter trusted a handshake deal is nothing short of pathetic.. I'll bet not 1 other promoter in that tournament has dealt through a handshake agrement.. Did you see Sauerland as soon as they said the fight is in Nottingham, He said it's not.. Mick says I have a deal with Kalle!! Kalle ain't the one who the final decision lands with!! It's his father!! Mick is out of his depth it's as simple as that..

Quote:
Frank might have a go at people in the sun I don't read it to be honest BUT I will say this he is the best promoter in Europe and has been for about 3 decades..
The Sauerlands are far, far better. As are Universum.

Quote:
Calzaghe fought Kessler,Lacy and Hopkins.. All fights Frank promoted and all fights people thought Calzaghe could lose!! Ok he made a bunch of terrible defences but that's not a one way thing ya know..
Calzaghe won the WBO in 1997. The first of the above mentioned fights took place in 2006. Frank got more than his moneys worth before he really decided to risk Joe. The same goes for Ricky and all.
ollyc is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #57
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Neither Ricky or Joe complain at the money in their bank accounts. Ricky particularly forgets that, without ******, he'd have been unlikely to have faced Mayweather. He'd have gotten his ass kicked years before because ****** wouldn't have been moving him so expertly.

For the majority of his career he got to look spectacular because ****** and Dean matched him so well. When it came to him fighting the semi-retired Tyszu, it was a fight where he had a real chance and, win or lose, it would put him in position to make a big cash out.

That's not a criticism of Hatton, btw, but a recognition of ******'s skill at building a fighter and ensuring them a living for once they quit.

He can be a ****, no doubt, and he is safety first - but it's because he cares about his fighters more than the fanboys.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #58
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Neither Ricky or Joe complain at the money in their bank accounts. Ricky particularly forgets that, without ******, he'd have been unlikely to have faced Mayweather. He'd have gotten his ass kicked years before because ****** wouldn't have been moving him so expertly.

For the majority of his career he got to look spectacular because ****** and Dean matched him so well. When it came to him fighting the semi-retired Tyszu, it was a fight where he had a real chance and, win or lose, it would put him in position to make a big cash out.

That's not a criticism of Hatton, btw, but a recognition of ******'s skill at building a fighter and ensuring them a living for once they quit.

He can be a ****, no doubt, and he is safety first - but it's because he cares about his fighters more than the fanboys.
Agreed apart from the part bolded. I don't think he cares about the fighters that much - just cares about how expertly he can match them to make as much money for himself. He's a businessman after-all.
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #59
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Big character promoters with Hennessey seemingly happy to just be at the table.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #60
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Mikkel's sister would get obliterated.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum