Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-16-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Arthur set for Foster Jnr defence

Arthur set for Foster Jnr defence

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Arthur will be fighting in front of a home crowd in December

Alex Arthur will take on Stephen Foster Jnr in defence of his interim WBO super featherweight title at Edinburgh's Meadowbank Stadium on 15 December.
Arthur, 29, stopped Koba Gogoladze in July to claim the temporary crown.
And he is in line to take the full WBO crown from Joan Guzman, who looks likely to vacate the title.
"This is a tremendous occasion as Edinburgh has never had a world champion fight for his own title in his city," said Arthur.
Salford-based Foster Jr said: "I feel strong and I'm confident about moving up a weight. It will be a good night."
Foster Jnr, the son of Steve 'The Viking' Foster, is stepping up from featherweight for the bout but the defending champion expects one of the toughest fights of career.
Arthur added: "To be coming up against a former world champion like Stephen is brilliant and I have the greatest respect for him.
"We both came along at the same time, different weights but quite similar records and amateur experience.
"He was a top-class amateur and I was a top-class amateur. Now we are on a collision course.
"It will be the fans that are winners because I won't take a backward step and I'm pretty sure Stephen won't either so it should be a great fight."

Now although this isnt that much of a mouth watering bout and more akin to a decent domestic s**** what on earth is Alex on about? When was Stephen ever a world champ? I recall him winning the WBU a while back but surely Alex isnt talking that up?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
Danny
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Arthur set for Foster Jnr defence

I fancy Arthur to win & to win quite comfortably. Alex will be too big, strong & have too much of an all-round game for Foster. Arthur will have physcial advantages in size, reach, weight on the night, punching power, strength etc.

Arthur should hyave fought for a world title long ago. I hope he does soon, otherwise he's in danger of fighting someone he's not motivated by & could lose.

Arthur needs the big fights asap to establish just how good he is! ****** needs to deliver soon!
Danny is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

lol not only is he fighting average foster,but foster is even moving up a weight

**** FRANK ******

Last edited by sweet_scientist; 08-05-2006 at 05:42 AM.
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #4
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Arthur set for Foster Jnr defence

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Arthur will be fighting in front of a home crowd in December

Alex Arthur will take on Stephen Foster Jnr in defence of his interim WBO super featherweight title at Edinburgh's Meadowbank Stadium on 15 December.
Arthur, 29, stopped Koba Gogoladze in July to claim the temporary crown.
And he is in line to take the full WBO crown from Joan Guzman, who looks likely to vacate the title.
"This is a tremendous occasion as Edinburgh has never had a world champion fight for his own title in his city," said Arthur.
Salford-based Foster Jr said: "I feel strong and I'm confident about moving up a weight. It will be a good night."
Foster Jnr, the son of Steve 'The Viking' Foster, is stepping up from featherweight for the bout but the defending champion expects one of the toughest fights of career.
Arthur added: "To be coming up against a former world champion like Stephen is brilliant and I have the greatest respect for him.
"We both came along at the same time, different weights but quite similar records and amateur experience.
"He was a top-class amateur and I was a top-class amateur. Now we are on a collision course.
"It will be the fans that are winners because I won't take a backward step and I'm pretty sure Stephen won't either so it should be a great fight."

Now although this isnt that much of a mouth watering bout and more akin to a decent domestic s**** what on earth is Alex on about? When was Stephen ever a world champ? I recall him winning the WBU a while back but surely Alex isnt talking that up?
Arhtur knows the WBU Is junk and Is talking that up for the media and hype.

It was only a year ago when Derry Matthews owned Foster.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #5
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

The WBU is true garbage.

Arthur is a **** for calling him a former champ. It is also ridiculous he is facing a guy moving up AND someone who doesn't deserve a real title shot.

****** owns the WBO so what he says goes.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #6
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Foster jnr looks a much better fighter at superfeather though, hes bulked up considerably & looks faster & harder hitting judging by his last fight.

Maybe moving up in weight will make Foster jnr a much more dangerous fighter, cos the early signs certainly illustrate this.

Just an opinion!
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 10-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #7
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Foster jnr looks a much better fighter at superfeather though, hes bulked up considerably & looks faster & harder hitting judging by his last fight.

Maybe moving up in weight will make Foster jnr a much more dangerous fighter, cos the early signs certainly illustrate this.

Just an opinion!
Are you trying to justify this bull****?

Call a spade a spade Dunky. You aren't REALLY looking at someone like Guzman, PAC, MAB etc if you are fighting someone like Foster.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:13 AM   #8
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Arthur has really improved. He's almost as good as Macarinelli and Hatton for talking up and twisting the truth on bulli**** opponents. What a load of ****ing *******s.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 05:16 AM   #9
Dibbs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

How on earth do you make the WBU sound credible???? And Alex Arthur sounds like an idiot trying to make Foster Jr seem like a real worthy opponent, another mismatch in the making and using the 'world champion' line just insults all boxing fans who want decent match-up's. I missed the part, why exactly does Foster Jr deserve this chance?
Dibbs is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 05:54 AM   #10
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Look on the brightside guys. The WBU is hardly as prolific as it once was. Or may be its because FW doesnt have boxing on SKY anymore..
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #11
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Look on the brightside guys. The WBU is hardly as prolific as it once was. Or may be its because FW doesnt have boxing on SKY anymore..
Thankfully it appears the WBU is dying. ****** is getting his fighters to fight for REAL titles that mean something.

The WBU is ridiculous. People like Sky, ITV, even boxrec are those who bring down boxing when they show that piece of **** ANY attention.

Thankfully it looks like people are getting sick of minor belts and showing them no recognition.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:49 AM   #12
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Yeah, Frank doesn't have as many WBU champs as he once did.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 07:50 AM   #13
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Thankfully it appears the WBU is dying. ****** is getting his fighters to fight for REAL titles that mean something.

The WBU is ridiculous. People like Sky, ITV, even boxrec are those who bring down boxing when they show that piece of **** ANY attention.

Thankfully it looks like people are getting sick of minor belts and showing them no recognition.
****** touted that belt all over SKY 3-4 years ago under the auspices of "World Title" boxing. I dont believe that he realised people were not half as stupid as he thought. Once Hatton left that belt in the dust i dont think he much other choice but to ditch it. Its value is totally meaningless. Its also interesting to note we dont see much of the WBF anymore either. Strangely they were an organisation from around Australasia with zero credibility, but we had quite a few fighters on our shores who held that belt at some stage.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:00 AM   #14
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

a former world champion.

i'll get off the floor in a minute.

****e fight.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 10-17-2007, 08:07 AM   #15
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Just done a little bit of research and the WBU`s website doesnt even exist anymore! The domain name [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is up for sale and the site seems to have some spurious virus`s/malware linked to it!! BWA HA HA

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum