Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default cotto - foreman rbr and discussion

LOL

i wanted to do an rbr and thought we could dissuss the fight here and when the site crashes later our predictions would be here

also i got nothing against ishy just wanted to have a go
hagman1989 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: cotto - foreman rbr and discussion (**** you ISHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

boycott this rbr
its unofficial
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: cotto - foreman rbr and discussion (**** you ISHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

No worries

HBO coverage starts at 3.15 our time. Martiroysan-Greene (which I think could be a top fight) is first up.

I'm not sure what to make of Foreman tbh, the Santos win looks good on paper but Santos looked in terrible shape and seemed disinterested. Obviously he's going to look to win this behind his jab - he has the height and reach advantage but I think this is a massive step up in class for him. If Cotto has anything left (3 of his last 4 fights have been very bruising and damaging) I fancy him to regularly get inside and chop Foreman down from the body. Late Cotto stoppage is my pick.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3010

dont worry guys, i've forwarded his details to the Minister for Intellectual Property, i'm not having cheap knock off's saturating our market!
mugen82 is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
No worries

HBO coverage starts at 3.15 our time. Martiroysan-Greene (which I think could be a top fight) is first up.

I'm not sure what to make of Foreman tbh, the Santos win looks good on paper but Santos looked in terrible shape and seemed disinterested. Obviously he's going to look to win this behind his jab - he has the height and reach advantage but I think this is a massive step up in class for him. If Cotto has anything left (3 of his last 4 fights have been very bruising and damaging) I fancy him to regularly get inside and chop Foreman down from the body. Late Cotto stoppage is my pick.
my viewing source has the coverage starting at 1 so i dont know were i am now
Old 06-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagman1989 View Post
my viewing source has the coverage starting at 1 so i dont know were i am now
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Scroll down, they go on air at 10.15 ET, we're 5 hours ahead.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

Quote:

Scroll down, they go on air at 10.15 ET, we're 5 hours ahead.
mother ****er i thought because it was on the east coast we would catch a break with the time

anyway ive been reviewing the tapes and ive got cotto by stoppage
Old 06-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

nice flint nice

opps i mean jeff lol
Old 06-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
No worries

TBH Santos looked like he'd come straight from a pie-eating contest.

I think Cotto will take this comfortably on points.............maybe a late stoppage.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #10
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC View Post

I think Cotto will take this comfortably on points.............maybe a late stoppage.
Was surprised that Santos actually made 154 for that fight. Looked tubby as ****.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #11
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC View Post

he looked flabby at the weiht which is strange i got my money on cotto under 9.5 rounds
Old 06-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #12
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

Old 06-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #13
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Was surprised that Santos actually made 154 for that fight. Looked tubby as ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagman1989 View Post
he looked flabby at the weiht which is strange i got my money on cotto under 9.5 rounds
He's been inactive as ****, so a "who gives a shit" attitude in regards to fitness/training was always likely to creep in at some point.

I mean he's been fighting 1 fight a year ever since he beat Margarito in 2004, eventually things had to give, and it did in the fight against a pretty resilient Foreman. I don't think Foreman can rely on that happening with Cotto tonight though. Plus, although lighter, Cotto is more of a classier operator than Santos ever was.
D-MAC is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #14
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3010

And Santos was doing his best pc plod impression in that fight, yet still he nearly walked down Foreman a couple of times.

I'd seen him live against Takaloo, and he looked awesome, how far the mighty have fallen.
mugen82 is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #15
hagman1989
the boxing site , try it
ESB Addict

to be fair if cotto turs up he shpuld make mince meat of this guy but if hes just not the same then foreman could easily outbox him

but i got good odds on cotto under 9.5 so im hopin hes ll there

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum