Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 07:00 AM   #16
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD View Post
My apologies everyone, as an English citizen I personally appointed Dave Parris and have always consistantly voted to keep him in the role.

Please accept my apology.
Thanks.

Apology accepted.

Don;t vote for him next year!!!
Will is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #17
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD View Post
My apologies everyone, as an English citizen I personally appointed Dave Parris and have always consistantly voted to keep him in the role.

Please accept my apology.
There was a thread in the GF after Froch-Dirrell where a guy apologised "on behalf of my country" for the decision.

Like he'd been appointed as the UKs International Spokesman on Boxing Decisions.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #18
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,338
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?



The decision wasn't that bad!

Most people sat near me had Froch winning handily..... I said to the bloke next to me that it would be close and he looked at me strange and said ''really.... Dirrell has held and ran all night''.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #19
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post


The decision wasn't that bad!

Most people sat near me had Froch winning handily..... I said to the bloke next to me that it would be close and he looked at me strange and said ''really.... Dirrell has held and ran all night''.
On the night I scored it for Dirrell by 2 points but on a second seeing I thought I gave the early rounds the wrong way when Dirrell was just moving away and had Froch by 1.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #20
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

I scored it by two to Froch plus the point.
Will is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #21
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,338
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

I've still not seen it on video yet to be honest, but all the way through I generally felt Froch was just doing enough.

Dirrell was probably whiny afterwards because he'd realised that he'd pissed a great opportunity up the wall with Froch having a bit of an off-night.

It's easy to say in hindsight that he would probably have gotten it had he fought the way he did against Abraham, but Froch throws much more in the earlier rounds.... is Dirrell vulnerable?

Flea certainly thought so, with a wager on Froch stopping him in each of the first three rounds!

Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #22
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
I'd probably take my chances in a Germany ring before considering fighting an English fighter in England!
Even if you were the visiting fighter?
Boro chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #23
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,688
vCash: 315
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

I cant grant rounds for connecting with very little punches,looking horrific whilst doing so.

I had Dirrel by a few,wasn't pretty but he threw the harder, cleaner looking shots throughout the fight, boxing beautifully in brief spells.
TheUzi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #24
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I've still not seen it on video yet to be honest, but all the way through I generally felt Froch was just doing enough.

Dirrell was probably whiny afterwards because he'd realised that he'd pissed a great opportunity up the wall with Froch having a bit of an off-night.

It's easy to say in hindsight that he would probably have gotten it had he fought the way he did against Abraham, but Froch throws much more in the earlier rounds.... is Dirrell vulnerable?

Flea certainly thought so, with a wager on Froch stopping him in each of the first three rounds!

I did that same bet. I showed it to Bunce whilst I was walking down to the fight with him (stalking lol) and he thought it was a great bet so no piss takes!!! lol

If Dirrell had opened up more it would have given Froch more chances.
Will is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #25
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
I did that same bet. I showed it to Bunce whilst I was walking down to the fight with him (stalking lol) and he thought it was a great bet so no piss takes!!! lol

If Dirrell had opened up more it would have given Froch more chances.
He was humouring you. Did he ruffle your hair and tell you to run along now as well??
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #26
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
He was humouring you. Did he ruffle your hair and tell you to run along now as well??
Nah, he asked me which way the stadium was coz he was running late. Tried to get him to come for a ruby with us but he had to be there for Primetime.
Will is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #27
snakeface
The Woodside Hurricane
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Queens NY
Posts: 3,656
vCash: 224
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

Valuev vs. Holyfield
snakeface is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #28
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

what actually happend???
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #29
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 75
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUzi View Post
I cant grant rounds for connecting with very little punches,looking horrific whilst doing so.

I had Dirrel by a few,wasn't pretty but he threw the harder, cleaner looking shots throughout the fight, boxing beautifully in brief spells.
You have to if it is more than the other guy does.
Will is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #30
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,976
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mr Bunce is German boxing is more like pro wrestling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
what actually happend???
Karmazin totally outboxed sylfanny. He was ahead on 2 scorecards and whilst the ibf nobs were adding up the cards the young sauerland guy supervised them and was telling them what to do...a russian guy at ringside saw the fix in progress and kicked off and was then grabbed by security.

The Sauerlands should be banned from boxing for life. They have turned boxing into a farce and are are the biggest bitches in boxing.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013