Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
theuppercut
Blackpudding supper
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Beside my claymore
Posts: 3,043
vCash: 1000
Default Miguel Cotto

I never do gushy threads like this but I'm a massive Cotton fan and I'm thrilled he won last night and captured another world title. Where he ranks and who he should fight next can be saved for another day. I've been watching Cotto since 2003 and I hope he keeps going.

I'll finish this mushy stuff with this mushy vid.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8k-ryjGCvw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
theuppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
SeanDoc
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 118
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by theuppercut View Post
I never do gushy threads like this but I'm a massive Cotton fan and I'm thrilled he won last night and captured another world title. Where he ranks and who he should fight next can be saved for another day. I've been watching Cotto since 2003 and I hope he keeps going.

I'll finish this mushy stuff with this mushy vid.

Completely agree, Miguel's my favourite by far at the moment. Incidentally, my all time favourite's the man in your avatar.
SeanDoc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #3
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

Awful song, but a good video.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:37 AM   #4
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

The boy is class. He is tenacious and has heart (though I don't think he is the most tenacious or with the most heart).

He'll be a Hall of Famer and go down as a great fighter no doubt. He has mixed in class and come out faring well. Losing to Pac was no shame, the man is a machine. I want to see the Margo rematch next!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:27 AM   #5
theuppercut
Blackpudding supper
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Beside my claymore
Posts: 3,043
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
The boy is class. He is tenacious and has heart (though I don't think he is the most tenacious or with the most heart).

He'll be a Hall of Famer and go down as a great fighter no doubt. He has mixed in class and come out faring well. Losing to Pac was no shame, the man is a machine. I want to see the Margo rematch next!
Me and a pal of mine are praying that if it does that it happens at the Azteca in Mexico. Would be a fantastic week away that.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


Now that would be an event. Imagine Cotto making his way to the ring in front of 100,000! The atmosphere.
theuppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:35 AM   #6
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

I think that it would be an ideal fight for the Plaza de Toros in Mexico City

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:40 AM   #7
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

I don't want him to fight Margarito. I don't want that cheating scumbag to make millions off of Cotto.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:44 AM   #8
theuppercut
Blackpudding supper
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Beside my claymore
Posts: 3,043
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
I think that it would be an ideal fight for the Plaza de Toros in Mexico City

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

theuppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:45 AM   #9
theuppercut
Blackpudding supper
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Beside my claymore
Posts: 3,043
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
I don't want him to fight Margarito. I don't want that cheating scumbag to make millions off of Cotto.
I know mate. I feel the same. But I so want Cotto to get his revenge on him. Really do a number of him in front of Marga's home support.
theuppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:48 AM   #10
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by theuppercut View Post
I know , its where Stracey beat Jose Napoles
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:56 AM   #11
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,338
vCash: 75
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

I think he should look to rematch Margarito.

There's no evidence to suggest that Margarito cheated in their first fight - his wraps were approved after all..... under different rules as well (gauze is provided by the commission in Nevada).
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:59 AM   #12
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

Quote:
There's no evidence to suggest that Margarito cheated in their first fight - his wraps were approved after all..... under different rules as well (gauze is provided by the commission in Nevada).
That's not my objection. It's that he was caught trying to cheat against Mosley. He deserves punishment. He could have killed Shane if he'd gotten away with it. He doesn't deserve another multi-million pay day.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #13
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
That's not my objection. It's that he was caught trying to cheat against Mosley. He deserves punishment. He could have killed Shane if he'd gotten away with it. He doesn't deserve another multi-million pay day.
You could level the same argument against Mosley and his drugs cheating
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #14
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
You could level the same argument against Mosley and his drugs cheating
But we're not talking about Mosley, we're talking about Margarito. I'd also argue that the impact of loaded of gloves is significantly more likely to kill an opponent than the relative stamina benefits of steroids.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #15
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,023
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto

I'd love to see Miguel beat Margo. The Pacquiao defeat you can accept even though i feel he could do a lot better then last time out for a number of factors. I want Miguel to beat Margo and beat him well. He was producing a clinic of pure boxing in the first 6 rounds.

I'd love to see him win this fight...he could then retire without any doubts in his mind. The fight must still haunt him...because it still bothers me seeing his bloodied face as he takes a knee. But i'm happy with whatever decision Miguel makes..he's my favorite boxer right now and someone i have huge respect for as a man. If he makes a morale decision to not fight Margo then so be it.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013