Old 06-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #31
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Cotto mundine @ 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomas View Post
lovemore gave cotto fits in his prime,mundine beats both guys easy on points maybe a ko against cotto his chin ain't as tough < but choc definitely beats both on points,his speed is his main weapon ...
Come on Nomas you can't be serious with these comments.Ps are you Italian ?
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #32
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

I wonder if he realises Cotto is suited to 154- a step up in weight.

Mandy will be rooted at 154- a step down in weight again and facing a tougher oponent he's used to- not that the bout will ever eventuate.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #33
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post

Mandy will be rooted at 154- a step down in weight again and facing a tougher oponent he's used to- not that the bout will ever eventuate.
True enough mate you can't go from fighting blown up Argentinian welter weights to fighting the likes of Puerto Rico's finest having never fought at that weight before , this is just a smoke and mirror's exercise to deflect the shit when Mundine announces his next midget victim . quiet sad really how the likes of Nomas actually believe Mundine is still even European level let alone World class ..
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #34
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

The usual suspects have been making more great mundine related posts I see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Was totally dismissive of the concept while the Troll was out of his cave. But now that he's crawled back where he belongs, let's have a brief look at this Ash:

Mundine is 35.

He's never made 154 before, let alone fought at it!

Mundine couldn't knock out a bum like Falliga when he weighed 167, why would Cotto show him any respect at all at 154?

He was about to fight a pumped up welter, world rated #103, what sort of preparation is that for anything serious?

Mundine hasn't even got an opponent for 30th June, and it's 3 weeks away.

Cotto has ring experience that Mundine only talks about.

Mundine has had the most disjointed career imaginable and by no means the kind of build-up required to be competitive against world class opposition like Cotto.

Choc would be about as welcome as a desease in the USA after his 9/11 comments, Yanks don't take that stuff lightly, nor forget it.

Factor in also that Cotto has fought in the USA and Puerto Rico only, and why on earth would he want to come here, and it's pie in the sky in my humble opinion mate.
If I was as weird as you I would claim these points had made me spit my coffee on my keyboard but I'm not a liar like you.

He shut falliga out, it's not easy to knock someone out who is content to survive, surely your 'world champion tutor' could have taught you that or maybe your vast street fighting knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparta View Post
Dont think there would be a huge height and reach advantage, 3.5 inches in height and 2.5 inches in reach, it aint all that much, choc would weigh more on fight night though BUT at what expense? Choc will be weak as water at that weight and he wouldnt be able to get cottos respect, cotto would walk forward all night and go to the body, i think cotto would win on sheer aggression on the cards, also depends on where the fight would be held.

Choc could nick it on points if he fights in his backyard.
Mundine isn't getting stopped to the body by cotto, let's not put foreman on the golovkin pedestal. Cotto beat a good fighter at 154 not a sergio martinez. Cotto would end up on the end of mundine's jab all night, he also has the slowest attempted shell defence when coming under numerous shots at the ropes and gets caught by lead rear hands.

Quote:
lovemore gave cotto fits in his prime,mundine beats both guys easy on points maybe a ko against cotto his chin is not as tough < but choc definitely beats both on points,his speed is his main weapon ...
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraHungarian View Post
nomas, maybe you should change your name to no brains. Couple of things you need to digest:

1. Lovemore did not exactly give Cotto fits - my recollection is that essentially Cotto cruised to an easy UD including taking it out 117 - 111 on one card;
2. 2004 pre prime Cotto, prime Cotto was 2007 when he was taking out the likes of Mosley and Judah and riding high in the P4P rankings;
3. Cotto's chin not tough? Your ****ing kidding! Clearly you never saw his losses to Margo or Pac. Sure, he was TKO'd in both but I don't know of too many current boxers who could withstand the sort of punishment he did before bowing out. Do you think your boyfried could have stood up to those bombs, I doubt it ****wad; and
4. Cotto handled the speed of Mosley and Foreman and what makes you think Mundine has it on those guys in the speed department. Sure, he struggled against Pac's speed from rounds 6 onwards but who the hell doesn't?;

If you really think Mundine beats Cotto easily than you are dumber than I already suspect you are and that is saying something!

If you want to expand your limited boxing knowledge you may want to broaden your viewing beyond watching Mundine try to knock out Argie cabbies with 21 - 7 records!

You really are a dopey twat!
Makes me think you have never seen a mundine fight, he is also a better pure boxer than both, Mosley could have won that fight had he fought more with his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post

You must write for a boxing fantasy magazine if this is your 'expert opinion'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
True enough mate you can't go from fighting blown up Argentinian welter weights to fighting the likes of Puerto Rico's finest having never fought at that weight before , this is just a smoke and mirror's exercise to deflect the shit when Mundine announces his next midget victim . quiet sad really how the likes of Nomas actually believe Mundine is still even European level let alone World class ..
PP ,

I thought you had exhausted all facets of being dumb but this is up there with your jermain taylor claims.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #35
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

mundines chin is made of jelly.......how many times has he visited the canvas against journeymen? oh, and wasnt that A LONG SLEEP when feather fisted sven ottke SPARKED him.......
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #36
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
you dont like de man must of hit a nerve a ****wit
Wow nobrains, what a well crafted response! Clearly your ability to construct a sentence is on par with your boxing knowledge! Your inbreeding and lack of education is really starting to show!
AustraHungarian is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #37
AustraHungarian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[quote=20a87;7027280]
Makes me think you have never seen a mundine fight, he is also a better pure boxer than both, Mosley could have won that fight had he fought more with his head.

Makes me think you have never seen either Cotto or Mundine fight if you think The Pioneer brings more into the ring than Cotto.

At the end of the day the fight will never happen and we will have to agree to disagree and go on our merry way! That means you will be watching Mundine continue to fight dull 12 rounders against local part timers and Argie cabbies in global obscurity whilst I watch a future Hall of Famer display balls, heart and courage in super fights against the world's best! Good deal!
AustraHungarian is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #38
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraHungarian View Post

At the end of the day the fight will never happen .

That means you will be watching Mundine continue to fight dull 12 rounders against local part timers and Argie cabbies in global obscurity whilst I watch a future Hall of Famer (cotto) display balls, heart and courage in super fights against the world's best! Good deal!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #39
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

[quote=AustraHungarian;7029242]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post

Makes me think you have never seen either Cotto or Mundine fight if you think The Pioneer brings more into the ring than Cotto.

At the end of the day the fight will never happen and we will have to agree to disagree and go on our merry way! That means you will be watching Mundine continue to fight dull 12 rounders against local part timers and Argie cabbies in global obscurity whilst I watch a future Hall of Famer display balls, heart and courage in super fights against the world's best! Good deal!
Go easy on the little fella mate. He's got plenty of enthusiam, but thinks boxing started about 20 years ago, and that Mundine is the second coming of the messiah.

I've just put him on Ignore until he matures a bit, has the chance to take in some boxing history, and more importantly some boxing reality.

And yes, Mundine promises 'world domination', 'US invasions', and 'that he'll soon be able to fly'....but continues to deliver world #100 Argie taxi drivers.

...wonder who the replacement opponent will be?

...#99 is a fair bet, and the ideal lead-in to Cotto....LOL!

Last edited by COULDHAVEBEEN; 06-09-2010 at 06:49 PM.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #40
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
The usual suspects have been making more great mundine related posts I see.

If I was as weird as you I would claim these points had made me spit my coffee on my keyboard but I'm not a liar like you.

He shut falliga out, it's not easy to knock someone out who is content to survive, surely your 'world champion tutor' could have taught you that or maybe your vast street fighting knowledge.

Mundine isn't getting stopped to the body by cotto, let's not put foreman on the golovkin pedestal. Cotto beat a good fighter at 154 not a sergio martinez. Cotto would end up on the end of mundine's jab all night, he also has the slowest attempted shell defence when coming under numerous shots at the ropes and gets caught by lead rear hands.

yep

You must write for a boxing fantasy magazine if this is your 'expert opinion'.

PP ,

I thought you had exhausted all facets of being dumb but this is up there with your jermain taylor claims.
You are a ****ing disgrace just like your hero.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #41
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

This message is hidden because 20a87 is on your ignore list.

It's very easy to deal with this....unless you pricks are qouting this bleeding vagina.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 06-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #42
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post

It's very easy to deal with this....unless you pricks are qouting this bleeding vagina.
come on...man up......who hasnt enjoyed a bleeding vagina...?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #43
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

agreed sally......

im trying to get my wife up the duff atm, but its hard without a bloody vadge.

is that the correct spelling of vadge? or is it vagg
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2010, 12:17 AM   #44
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

all i know is 20a87 is a cunt.......and im sure anthony enjoys him....
Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #45
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post

Agreed mate. It's not such a bad thing that people do occassionally quote him though. It helps remind you why you silenced him.

As we know there are a number of different categories of boxing fan BC:

*casual
*keen
*enthusiast
*over enthusiast
*nuthugger
*totally dillusional - who are best put on Ignore for one's sanity

Our little friend of course occupies the latter category and will probably remain there. At least until he gets into his first pair of long trousers anyway.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum