Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default If David Haye fights Audley Harrison I will lose all respect for him.

Adam Booth April 11th 2010

"I am pretty sure Audley is not on our radar, he hasn't boxed anybody inside the top 20, in David's last 16 fights hes faced guys ranked in the top 15. Audley has never faced a world ranked fighter so as far as David's legacy is concerned and being the best fighter he can be, and getting the respect from the boxing crowd and his piers, I don't think fighting Audley gets him that. Fighting a Klitscko, unifying the belts, thats David's ultimate dream"

David Haye April 12th 2010

"Everything that I've prophesied so far in my career, I've then put into practice and achieved. I said I'd become world cruiserweight champion and I did that. I then said I'd become unified world cruiserweight champion and I did that, too. I then said I'd become world heavyweight champion and I've just gone and done that. I think I've achieved everything I said I would. Audley said he'd win the Olympic Games, and he did really well to win that amateur tournament. He then turned professional and said he'd win the British heavyweight title within five fights. He's never won the British title to this very day. Audley's won the vacant title against Michael Sprott, a guy who had previously knocked him spark out in three rounds, He needs to focus on his own career and start getting his own house in order first. Perhaps he should offer rematches to all the guys that have beaten him first and set the record straight there. There will be a pretty long queue"

All the way from the beggining of David Hayes career he has always looked to face the best possible challanges. He faced Carl Thompson in his 10th fight despite being offered easiar fights. He went to France to fight the lineal champion Mormeck instead of taking the easy route with Macceranelli. He stayed at Cruierweight which was killing him to unify the titles. I get the feeling money has changed Hayes and Booths outlook on boxing, which is a huge shame. If he ends up fighting Audley Harrison, what was the point of doing all these things previously. He may as well have signed with ****** from day one if money was what he was concerned about.

The Klitsckos claim to have offered David Haye 50-50 with no options. This is a better offer than any of us could have imagined. Hayes needs to except this offer. If no offer has been made he needs to come out and let the his fans know.

If Haye turns this offer down then he might as well just retire. British and world boxing doesn't need another paper champion.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
scubasteveRFC
Journeyman

Default Re: If David Haye fights Audley Harrison I will lose all respect for him.

if haye fights fraudley i too will neever spend a penny watching him again, and i will bad mouth him at every oppertunity
scubasteveRFC is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If David Haye fights Audley Harrison I will lose all respect for him.

Some good points Rob but the last line is a bit melodramatic.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

A new low!

I hate the Audley-Haye fight, don't want to see it happen at all but we all know there's mega money to be made. Everyone knows Audley, everyone knows Haye and both guys can sell a fight. The public will lap this shit up and at the end of the day us 'hardcore' fans are a minority.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #5
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

i to will all respect for haye if he fights audley and will boycott the event live and on box office. id rather he thought a klit and lost than not fight them at all.

at the very least i would except adamak but then after that it must be a klit.

David, u called the fight, get in there and fight
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I won't lose respect for him, what's the big rush?

Do any of you actually think he will fail to fight a Klit before he retires...the man has hardly had a gimme fight in his career and rarely fails to excite in the ring....he deserves a big pay day.

I'm a big Wlad fan....but he needs Haye just as much as he needs him. There is a dearth of talent in the Heavyweight division and this fight will happen. In fact, the more Haye raises his profile the bigger and more meaningful the fight will be....
Beatboxer is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
Danny-boy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 7022

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

although, this is all from harrison's point of view, and he is in his own fantasy world really, this could easily have been from a dream he had
Danny-boy is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatboxer View Post
I won't lose respect for him, what's the big rush?

Do any of you actually think he will fail to fight a Klit before he retires...the man has hardly had a gimme fight in his career and rarely fails to excite in the ring....he deserves a big pay day.

I'm a big Wlad fan....but he needs Haye just as much as he needs him. There is a dearth of talent in the Heavyweight division and this fight will happen. In fact, the more Haye raises his profile the bigger and more meaningful the fight will be....
Haye would get a big pay day. 50% of the puse thats gonna be 15million at least.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #9
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Lets not start plucking purse figures out of thin air.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #10
calumbo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Lets not start plucking purse figures out of thin air.
I agree...

BUT from seeing what Vitali - sosnowski did the other weekend e.g $25 million

Add haye and his mouth to that + british ppv and hbo

He would be earning an absolute shed load!!

Alas it looks like hes ducking..
calumbo is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #11
Danny-boy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 7022

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumbo View Post
I agree...

BUT from seeing what Vitali - sosnowski did the other weekend e.g $25 million

Add haye and his mouth to that + british ppv and hbo

He would be earning an absolute shed load!!

Alas it looks like hes ducking..
this fight won't be HBO, and if a fight with harrison did come off, haye should push 70-80%
Danny-boy is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #12
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

I am a fan and have chatted to him on occasions online but for ****'s sake.
bratwurzt is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #13
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Haye would get a big pay day. 50% of the puse thats gonna be 15million at least.
Come on Rob, the square root of **** all is **** all....we don't even know that any offer has been made, never mind the make up of an offer.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #14
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Let's all just let this play out. Haye hasn't said he is fighting the Klitschko's next but he also hasn't said he isn'tfighting the Klitschko's.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #15
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Adam Booth April 11th 2010

"I am pretty sure Audley is not on our radar, he hasn't boxed anybody inside the top 20, in David's last 16 fights hes faced guys ranked in the top 15. Audley has never faced a world ranked fighter so as far as David's legacy is concerned and being the best fighter he can be, and getting the respect from the boxing crowd and his piers, I don't think fighting Audley gets him that. Fighting a Klitscko, unifying the belts, thats David's ultimate dream"

David Haye April 12th 2010

"Everything that I've prophesied so far in my career, I've then put into practice and achieved. I said I'd become world cruiserweight champion and I did that. I then said I'd become unified world cruiserweight champion and I did that, too. I then said I'd become world heavyweight champion and I've just gone and done that. I think I've achieved everything I said I would. Audley said he'd win the Olympic Games, and he did really well to win that amateur tournament. He then turned professional and said he'd win the British heavyweight title within five fights. He's never won the British title to this very day. Audley's won the vacant title against Michael Sprott, a guy who had previously knocked him spark out in three rounds, He needs to focus on his own career and start getting his own house in order first. Perhaps he should offer rematches to all the guys that have beaten him first and set the record straight there. There will be a pretty long queue"

All the way from the beggining of David Hayes career he has always looked to face the best possible challanges. He faced Carl Thompson in his 10th fight despite being offered easiar fights. He went to France to fight the lineal champion Mormeck instead of taking the easy route with Macceranelli. He stayed at Cruierweight which was killing him to unify the titles. I get the feeling money has changed Hayes and Booths outlook on boxing, which is a huge shame. If he ends up fighting Audley Harrison, what was the point of doing all these things previously. He may as well have signed with ****** from day one if money was what he was concerned about.

The Klitsckos claim to have offered David Haye 50-50 with no options. This is a better offer than any of us could have imagined. Hayes needs to except this offer. If no offer has been made he needs to come out and let the his fans know.

If Haye turns this offer down then he might as well just retire. British and world boxing doesn't need another paper champion.
I think the word claim makes any argument nul and void.... until i see proof in wrtiting on a contract then we have an argument ... !

And lets be honest how many bums have the Klits fought ? ... Haye apparently takes a fight with Audley and haye is the bad guy ? ... cmon give the guy a break hes beaten and almost KO'd the beast - wouldnt mind the Klits being in with Valuev and seeing how the match up in size works out ....
mryeags is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum