Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #46
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381
Default Re: If David Haye fights Audley Harrison I will lose all respect for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
Exactly, it's as if Haye would be the first fighter to take a relatively easy fight for big money. The Klits have been doing it for years. Miguel Cotto is a warrior and a true champion but did he not beat up Michael Jennings and Alfonso Gomez recently? It's not right but they all do it...why get on Haye's case about it cos he is gonna fight a Klit eventually just give it time!
Because Haye went out of his way to call them out, and wouldn't STFU about destroying the Klits and fighting for legacy. He brought it all on himself.

At least Mayweather says he is in it for the money. Haye is a lying cunt.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #47
StevenB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If David Haye fights Audley Harrison I will lose all respect for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Haye deserves to be slaughtered after claiming he was going to clean out the HW division two years ago. Get's everyone excited, then backs out of two contracts with them, fights a paper champ, makes a defence against a boxer who hasn't been relevant for years and then could be fighting a boxer who just got outboxed by Michael ****ing Sprott!!

It's been 2 years since he called them out. Only a moron wouldn't slaughter him for conning people and lying through his teeth.

Much needed publicity for the sport? Fighting the world number 1/2 heavy weight would generate twice as much publicity so that argument is absolute codshite.
Don't wet your pants chief - there's no way he's not going to fight one of them before he finishes.

I didn't say that a Klit fight wouldn't provide huge publicity, but a Harrison one isn't the worst option from that point of you - as an opponent of course I agree he's terrible. Bet you watch the fight if it happens tho
StevenB is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #48
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Come on Rob, name me an established champion that has never had an 'easy defence' in recent times. I'm not a Haye fan or anything but **** we love bashing people in this country and he's not even signed anything yet!!

And if the fight lasts six rounds, the hype will be worth it - and I bet you watch it mate!
Look when youve got Haye sitting next to the Klitschko's smiling from ear to ear like a cheshire cat , saying the " these are HW's are too slow " , " its gonna be like a scene from the Matrix " , " tune into my HW assault / domination " after just knocking Monty Barrett around the ring 18 months ago and we still havent seen him fight either of the bros its a little bit of a mockery !!!!

And to boot we have seen a stinker in Germany and a less than impressive performance against a shot to peices B level fighter (where he got hit AN AWFUL LOT ) since then and nothing else .

Insult to injury springs to mind , if Haye had mirror'd Adamek , and just gone about his business still trying to truly find his feet as a HW he'd be respected a hell of a lot more for it , granted he'd be a little poorer but he'd be more respected , instead we are now sitting on the edge of our seets waiting for the deal to be signed and we get told Haye Harrison is now more than realistic , im sorry mate i cant take that !!!!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #49
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
The only thing I would say to that is in the past Haye has always backed up his talk.......

Why doubt him now?
Because he backed out of two fights already with the Klits, and these fights are ones where he has to be regarded as the underdog. Haye was top man at Cruiser without a doubt and knew he was aswell. I think Haye is under no illusions as to his chances of beating Wlad as is Booth.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #50
alfi balboa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

will be a joke if he fights this clown that should have hung is gloves up when rogan beat him ffs..that was the end of the line for him if haye decides to dodge wlad..then this takes place i will loss respet for the hayemaker.
alfi balboa is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #51
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Look when youve got Haye sitting next to the Klitschko's smiling from ear to ear like a cheshire cat , saying the " these are HW's are too slow " , " its gonna be like a scene from the Matrix " , " tune into my HW assault / domination " after just knocking Monty Barrett around the ring 18 months ago and we still havent seen him fight either of the bros its a little bit of a mockery !!!!

And to boot we have seen a stinker in Germany and a less than impressive performance against a shot to peices B level fighter (where he got hit AN AWFUL LOT ) since then and nothing else .

Insult to injury springs to mind , if Haye had mirror'd Adamek , and just gone about his business still trying to truly find his feet as a HW he'd be respected a hell of a lot more for it , granted he'd be a little poorer but he'd be more respected , instead we are now sitting on the edge of our seets waiting for the deal to be signed and we get told Haye Harrison is now more than realistic , im sorry mate i cant take that !!!!!
My only real criticism of Haye is the frequency of his fights. He should be busier.

I'm afraid we will all just have to wait and see on this one!!!
Will is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #52
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Come on Rob, name me an established champion that has never had an 'easy defence' in recent times. I'm not a Haye fan or anything but **** we love bashing people in this country and he's not even signed anything yet!!

And if the fight lasts six rounds, the hype will be worth it - and I bet you watch it mate!
Carl Froch

I am serious when i say this....I will give up on boxing if we do not see either Haye vs Klitscko or Mayweather vs Pacquiao by the end of the year.

The problem is I am a Haye fan and have been since day one. The reason why. He turned down big money from ****** to plot his own path, talking about legacy over pay cheques. Taking on the toughest challanges they could an knocking all of them spark out.

In David Haye we finally have a fighter that we can really be proud off. Theres know padded undefeated record, no dodgy decisions, no promoter turning down big fights. He wins the REAL world title at Cruiserweight and moves up to Heavyweight demanding a fight with the Klitsckos. Says he will fight them in Germany, puts on the t shirt and signs for the fight telling us its the worst deal in history.

then the problems start. He pulls out of the fight with an injury. Fair enough I give him the benefit of the doubt. Then he wants to fight Vitali but pulls out becasue the deals not good enough even though its the same deal he signed previously. Then he pulls out of that to fight Valuev. Fair enough as he says hes only doing it so he can win a belt and go back to the Klitsckos on fair terms. He fights Ruiz which is his homecoming. a nice earner in a not very tough fight. haye doesnt even spar and he bashes him around the ring.

now some of you lot can come out and say "we havent seen the offer"..............but we never ever see an offer. if 50-50 with no options has not been offered, Booth or Haye need to come out and tell us this. Instead I have to put up with the boxer I have followed for his whole career, and spent good money doing it being called a wimp, a ducker, everything and the worst part is I now feel the same way.

Audley Harrison..............i bet you cannot name a worse Heavyweight title challanger.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #53
clyde
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001

Every one of us will pay to watch it.
clyde is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #54
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Because he backed out of two fights already with the Klits, and these fights are ones where he has to be regarded as the underdog. Haye was top man at Cruiser without a doubt and knew he was aswell. I think Haye is under no illusions as to his chances of beating Wlad as is Booth.
Well I will have an avatar bet with you that with 12 months of this date Haye has faught a Klit.
Will is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #55
StevenB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post

Haye v Klitschko will happen - there is no way Haye will not fight one of them inside the next 12 months - just like Pac Floyd there's too much money to be made.

As I said earlier, it's not like Haye has made a career out of avoiding people, he's fought the best at cruiser, home and away, won the hw title in Germany, took a fight off against Ruiz granted. I'd like to see him fight Klitschko next as much as the next man all I'm saying is that he doesn't deserve to be hammered by everyone on here as if he's the only fighter in history not to take on his toughest potential opponent in his next fight.

If he DOES fight Harrison that is...
StevenB is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #56
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Well I will have an avatar bet with you that with 12 months of this date Haye has faught a Klit.
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #57
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Well, I expect Haye to fight a bum, then his mandatory, and then Vitali. I expect that to be just over a year so I'll take your bet. (no gay stuff though)

You're on
Old 06-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #58
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Carl Froch

I am serious when i say this....I will give up on boxing if we do not see either Haye vs Klitscko or Mayweather vs Pacquiao by the end of the year.

The problem is I am a Haye fan and have been since day one. The reason why. He turned down big money from ****** to plot his own path, talking about legacy over pay cheques. Taking on the toughest challanges they could an knocking all of them spark out.

In David Haye we finally have a fighter that we can really be proud off. Theres know padded undefeated record, no dodgy decisions, no promoter turning down big fights. He wins the REAL world title at Cruiserweight and moves up to Heavyweight demanding a fight with the Klitsckos. Says he will fight them in Germany, puts on the t shirt and signs for the fight telling us its the worst deal in history.

then the problems start. He pulls out of the fight with an injury. Fair enough I give him the benefit of the doubt. Then he wants to fight Vitali but pulls out becasue the deals not good enough even though its the same deal he signed previously. Then he pulls out of that to fight Valuev. Fair enough as he says hes only doing it so he can win a belt and go back to the Klitsckos on fair terms. He fights Ruiz which is his homecoming. a nice earner in a not very tough fight. haye doesnt even spar and he bashes him around the ring.

now some of you lot can come out and say "we havent seen the offer"..............but we never ever see an offer. if 50-50 with no options has not been offered, Booth or Haye need to come out and tell us this. Instead I have to put up with the boxer I have followed for his whole career, and spent good money doing it being called a wimp, a ducker, everything and the worst part is I now feel the same way.

Audley Harrison..............i bet you cannot name a worse Heavyweight title challanger.

Tocker Pudwill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I win the bet
Will is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #59
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Kevin Johnson never lost to Martin Rogan, Michael Sprott, Danny Williams, Dominic Guinn.

Kevin Johnson never lost 11 rounds to Michael Sprott. Kevin Johnson never went 3 rounds with Danny Hughes.

Kevin Johnson was ranked number 1 by the WBC.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #60
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
I can name 2 British ones that were just as bad, if not worse.
Brian London
Richard Dunn
GazOC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum