boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #61
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: If David Haye fights Audley Harrison I will lose all respect for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Well, I expect Haye to fight a bum, then his mandatory, and then Vitali. I expect that to be just over a year so I'll take your bet. (no gay stuff though)

You're on
Will is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #62
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: If David Haye fights Audley Harrison I will lose all respect for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
tocker pudwill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i win the bet
heavyweight
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #63
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
heavyweight
fair play miss read.

Kevin Johnson
Will is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #64
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Kevin Johnson never lost to Martin Rogan, Michael Sprott, Danny Williams, Dominic Guinn.

Kevin Johnson never lost 11 rounds to Michael Sprott. Kevin Johnson never went 3 rounds with Danny Hughes.

Kevin Johnson was ranked number 1 by the WBC.
That says more about the WBC than it does about Johnson.
Will is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #65
StevenB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Is this the same Kevin Johnson who **** himself and ran away for 12 rounds?

I'm not arguing that Harrison is a good opponent, I'm just suggesting that Haye wouldn't be the first, or the last champion to take an easy to win to earn some big money and I don't understand why he gets singled out for it. I don't think a Harrison Haye fight would be that bad for boxing in this country in the scheme of things either.

There's no way a Klitschko fight doesn't happen inside 12 months
StevenB is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #66
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What's the problem? I'd rather see a superfight with Audley than Chagaev/Valuev or Haye getting ripped off in Germany against one of the Klitschkos.
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #67
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenB View Post

There's no way a Klitschko fight doesn't happen inside 12 months
Not now Rob has threatened to leave the sport if it doesn't happen!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #68
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

And remember people here are mentioning it is a bad thing that Haye faught Ruiz.

Remember Ruiz is a guy that Steward wouldn't let anywhere near the Klits!!!
Will is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #69
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #70
Unforgiven
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

****ing Audley Harrison.

What about David Haye versus Martin Rogan ?

I've lost 95% of the respect I had for Haye already, the way he seems to be backing out of the Klitschkos fights that he'd been asking for for the last 2 or 3 years. What a ****.
Unforgiven is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #71
StevenB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post

I wonder if word has got to Floyd and Manny - surely they'll sign now!
StevenB is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #72
destruction
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Some of the fans here are seriously deluded if they ever thought Haye was anything other about the cheque. He fights for cheques and to maximise his earnings. He does not fight solely for the glory!

This is a sensible cheque for him. He can get paid a bucket load to fight a limited shot shy fighter, that he can bomb out of their inside 4 or 5 rounds. It will spark massive interest from most casual boxing fans and generate alot of interest in the sport.

He can then wait and fight a Klitschko if he runs out of easier fighters to face, and claim a couple of retirement cheques.
destruction is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #73
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Two points...

At a time when boxing is struggling to get anything like the publicity it should do (and used to) don't you think that the hype this fight would generate would be good business for boxing in this country? Sure, most people who know their boxing know that Audley gets terminated off Haye, but it would be the most hyped domestic fight in years and let's face it, boxing could use the publicity. Hardcore boxing fans may not buy into the hype, but I bet they (including the likes of Rob etc) will be watching it come fight night. It will generate big ppv and also plenty of column inches - Haye can fight a Klitschko afterwards can he not?

Secondly, doesn't Haye deserve a break? Would he be the first champion to take advantage of his status and earn big bucks from a straightforward night's work? He's fought the best at cruiser for years, went to Paris to fight Mormeck, went to Germany to fight Valuev and in Ruiz and Barrett (although well past it) he's fought two better opponents than Harrison has ever been in with. He's earned the right to have fights like these between the real tests.

Big hype for boxing, Haye wins easy, Harrison gets KTFO...what's not to like
Quote:
Haye v Klitschko will happen - there is no way Haye will not fight one of them inside the next 12 months - just like Pac Floyd there's too much money to be made.

As I said earlier, it's not like Haye has made a career out of avoiding people, he's fought the best at cruiser, home and away, won the hw title in Germany, took a fight off against Ruiz granted. I'd like to see him fight Klitschko next as much as the next man all I'm saying is that he doesn't deserve to be hammered by everyone on here as if he's the only fighter in history not to take on his toughest potential opponent in his next fight.

If he DOES fight Harrison that is...
You seemed to have somewhat changed your tune here , there is no explanation , nor is there anything positive coming out of Haye vs Harrison !!!!

Lets put this to bed here and now .....................
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #74
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 895

Agreed with first posted altough haven't lost all respect but he will be on a last chance saloon as far as I'm concerned. I really don't like this fight and anyone who says otherwise are probably the same people that scream to the roof tops about Khan taking on Casamayor or Mallignagi.
royalt0208 is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #75
StevenB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

How have I changed my tune? All I've said thorughout is that I don't think it's the worst fight in the world, Haye shouldn't get the stick he's getting and no-one knows if he is actually gonna fight Audley anyway????
StevenB is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum