Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default I'm up for Haye-Audley!

That's right!

Ok, so we're all disappointed that the Haye-Klitschko showdown might not (yet) take place.

But let's look at this fight for what it represents. A massive domestic fight. Audley, love him or hate him, pulls in spectators. David Haye, love him or hate him, knows how to hype up a fight.

On one hand you have the new WBA big boy, and on the other hand you have the champion that never was, the olympic gold medallist that never quite made it beyond domestic level.

If this fight happens, it would be a dream fight for Audley. He would have the WBA title gaping at him, and even if it's unlikely he wins, he has the chance to go down trying.

The Brits always love the underdog. This fight could make Audley the new Frank Bruno.

Let's forget about the Klitschkos just for the one night, and enjoy one of those rare big-time domestic moments.

We've seen Audley-Sprott and Audley-Williams enough times.

We've seen Haye-Macca.

Who's up for Haye-Audley?

Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I'm up for Haye-Audley!

Bah!
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
billy boy balbo

funny as fuk if audley won!
billy boy balbo is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #4
DDA365
Gatecrasher
ESB Senior Member

Id be up for watching haye do some boxing against anybody tbh, guy is so inactive, just ****ing knock out audley next month to stay busy and make a decent bit of cash and then continue to wait another 10 months to have another proper fight if thats the way he wants to do it
DDA365 is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
calumbo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If haye fights fraudley he is officialy a fraud!!

Calls out the klits to get publicity and says hell knock them out..then when they respond with offers(manny stewards the latest to come out with the 50-50 ofer) he ducks it and fights fraudley...piece of shit!!
calumbo is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Haye vs Macceranelli was seen as a 50-50 fight and a unification.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
Danny-boy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 7022

if he gets the fight in quick, fights vitali at the end of the year before he retires, then fights wlad next year, i won't mind

if he takes 3-4 months preparing for fraudley, then fights a rematch with valuev, shouts injury, waits 7-8 months then fights chagaev and retires, i will be pissed
Danny-boy is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Forget what he does before or after.

Just look at the one night of boxing. Haye and Audley. Britains biggest heavyweights.

Only in England!
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #9
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Me.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #10
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

This fight is a ****ing joke.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
brucebufershair
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

I'd prefer to see him fight one of the klitchkos or Adamek however I would watch him fight Audley especially if there was a decent undercard to go with it. I'd expect Haye to smash him to bits but just maybe if his heads in the right place he could give Haye a scare, Audleys big , mobile , comes in usually in good shape and has decent skills. I also reckon his chins not quite as bad as people think its more of a Lennox Lewis chin which sometimes takes a night of . I reckon being european champion will have done wonders for Audleys confidence if he goes in their and fights the fight that he's capable of it could be interesting . Imagine he hit Haye with a shot like the one he got sprott with .
brucebufershair is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
This fight is a ****ing joke.
Why is it a joke..?
Old 06-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #13
mutchie6g
MUTCHIE

I was talking with Haye on Facebook the other day and he says that he considers himself to be on a different level from Audley and i agree with him because when you look at his Reflexes combined with his power and speed its hard to imagine Audley coping with that although i have to admit that the left hook Audley hit Sprott with would of Knockedout ANYONE EVEN A KLITSCHKO it would be one hell of a story if Harrison pulled it off - Imagine he beats Haye then he would be in a position to try and unify the titles .......
mutchie6g is offline  Top
Old 06-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #14
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucebufershair View Post
I'd prefer to see him fight one of the klitchkos or Adamek however I would watch him fight Audley especially if there was a decent undercard to go with it. I'd expect Haye to smash him to bits but just maybe if his heads in the right place he could give Haye a scare, Audleys big , mobile , comes in usually in good shape and has decent skills. I also reckon his chins not quite as bad as people think its more of a Lennox Lewis chin which sometimes takes a night of . I reckon being european champion will have done wonders for Audleys confidence if he goes in their and fights the fight that he's capable of it could be interesting . Imagine he hit Haye with a shot like the one he got sprott with .
Who the **** cares about under cards..? seriously.....****ing under cards..?

Harrison vs Haye is the biggest domestic fight that can be made. One of the last great domestic fights, Harrison is still a household name.

The build up to the fight will be massive, and Audley Harrison has always said he would become world champion. And people need to give him credit for sticking to his words, some call him delluded.......i call him a man.

For sticking to his words and morals, Haye and Harrison are two of british boxings biggest charactors.

The fight is a toss up, Harrison can knock guys out...he has skill and speed for a big guy.

David Haye is no Mike Tyson, everytime he has fought a fighter who physically out sizes him, he fights on the back foot..!!!!!! fact.

Thats a ****ing fact..

And David Haye is not as good or affective, at fighting LIKE Mayweather or Ali off the back foot.

The fight is a toss up, in my opinion.

Audley Harrison in his last two fights, with his issues and problems...

Has pulled the performanes out of the bag, i give the man credit.

Make the fight...!!! while we still can, lets have a massive domestic fight.

Because lets face facts, the nation dose'n really give a shit about boxing anymore.

Harrison and Haye, both draw some interest.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #15
Trickster
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akxtinguish View Post
Forget what he does before or after.

Just look at the one night of boxing. Haye and Audley. Britains biggest heavyweights.

Only in England!
No, look at it in context. He's been calling out the Klits for ages now and we still haven't seen him fight either one. He had a go at Chambers and Arreola after the Ruiz fight for turning up out of shape a called them "a disgrace to boxing"...at least they turned up in the first place! I'm a big Haye fan and I've had to spend time on the ****ing general forum of all places defending him but it's getting tedious now
Trickster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum