Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
Bunce
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,295
vCash: 1000
Default BBC London Boxing Tonight!

It's a bit odd tonight. It will not start until 9:15pm. Sorry about that.
I've got Robert McCracken live from Moscow with the GB boxers and their record haul of five medals so far at the European championships.
I've got Richard Schaefer live from London on the Golden Boy future of British boxing.
I've got Barry McGuigan on that night at Loftus Road 25 years ago and Concrete Fists Frampton.
I've got Spencer Fearon to look back at the 'Takeover' last weekend at York Hall.
I've got a couple more.
Join me tonight and get in touch with BBC London 94.9 - it's online and it will be on BBC iPlayer. Here are the contact details:0207 224 200. Text 07786 200 949 and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Adios and thanks.
Bunce is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #2
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

Will text this in later as always Buncey but please ask Schaefer

1) What will the Khan undercard be?
2) Has Haye been offered 50-50 no options
3) Can we get to see more of GBP fights in the UK. How does he expect Goldenboy to become a force in the UK when the majority of there fighters have not been shown on British TV and are therefore nobody knows who they are. In the UK Marcos Maidana, Victor Ortiz and Joel Casamayor, potential Khan opponents could be anybody as none of there fights have ever been shown live. If he is not able to sell to Sky how about a web stream otherwise a small number will just download it and watch on ilegal streams.

Fights from GBP we did not see this year;

Maidana vs Cayo
Hopkins vs Jones Jnr
Marquez vs Vaquez 4 (point out none of the 4 fights were ever shown)


Here is a list of GBP fights we did not see in the UK last year.

Kirkland vs Julio
Valero vs Pituala
Andrade vs Tspyko
Williams vs Wright
Ortiz vs Maidana
John vs Juarez 2
Diaz vs Mallignaggi 1
Diaz vs Malignaggi 2
Bute vs Andrade
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:43 AM   #3
PrideOfWales
Winston Zedmore
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport Essex innit
Posts: 5,845
vCash: 75
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

Buncey, I thought you had a bit of beef with McGuigan, no?
PrideOfWales is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #4
Wickio
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 1,187
vCash: 93
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideOfWales View Post
Buncey, I thought you had a bit of beef with McGuigan, no?
Just what I was thinking, maybe they squashed it?
Wickio is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:48 AM   #5
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,972
vCash: 238
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

Hey Buncey, Ask Schaefer on the latest on Khan.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #6
GrovesVDegale
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

How's Ogogo got on out there? Not heard anything about him.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:55 AM   #7
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,742
vCash: 3010
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickio View Post
Just what I was thinking, maybe they squashed it?
Exactly, Obviously they took it outside, and no boxer can live with a journalist out of the ring, Buncey took it!

But looking forward to the show, hope i can stay up for it tho, been up since 3am lol. If not make sure those Iplayer boys getting online!

Ask Richard Schaeffer about Khan-Mayweather, 2012, Wembley Stadium, 100,000 people, right before or after the Olympics
mugen82 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:55 AM   #8
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrovesVDegale View Post
How's Ogogo got on out there? Not heard anything about him.
Lost in the 2nd round to an irish guy. theres a thread about the Euros in the brit forum somewhere.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #9
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,615
vCash: 75
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunce View Post
It's a bit odd tonight. It will not start until 9:15pm. Sorry about that.
I've got Robert McCracken live from Moscow with the GB boxers and their record haul of five medals so far at the European championships.
I've got Richard Schaefer live from London on the Golden Boy future of British boxing.
I've got Barry McGuigan on that night at Loftus Road 25 years ago and Concrete Fists Frampton.
I've got Spencer Fearon to look back at the 'Takeover' last weekend at York Hall.
I've got a couple more.
Join me tonight and get in touch with BBC London 94.9 - it's online and it will be on BBC iPlayer. Here are the contact details:0207 224 200. Text 07786 200 949 and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Adios and thanks.
You and Bazza best mates now Bunce?

At some point could you do a bit about Bute and how he will fit into the SM landscape as the super six reaches the half way stage.

I would like to see Pavlik vs Bute, any thoughts?

I acually quite like the new time. Means I can listen on my way home from training. Very thoughtfull!!!

Cheers Big Fella
Will is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:09 AM   #10
sidthehat
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 900
vCash: 1000
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideOfWales
Buncey, I thought you had a bit of beef with McGuigan, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickio View Post
Just what I was thinking, maybe they squashed it?
Great example to all the little G's out there.
sidthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:15 AM   #11
curly
Fastest hands in the West
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Where I lay my hat's my home, I'm a rolling stone
Posts: 1,006
vCash: 660
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickio View Post
Just what I was thinking, maybe they squashed it?
Nah, it's bless now
curly is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:19 AM   #12
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,353
vCash: 2522
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

I'll drop an email later, want to know what they have planned for Frampton.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:52 AM   #13
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,976
vCash: 1000
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

Mr Bunce,

please can we have your views on the karmazin debacle over the weekend. In particular the young sauerland guy standing (and issuing instructions) over the scorecards to ensure they were rigged in favour of sylvester. People like sauerland are changing boxing from a sport into something to rival WWE wrestling. It is time the german boxing promoters were blacklisted and investigated for fixing. When a Russian at ringside saw what was going on and objected, ringside security quickly moved in. Sauerland are the biggest muppets in boxing right now.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #14
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,615
vCash: 75
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006 View Post
Mr Bunce,

please can we have your views on the karmazin debacle over the weekend. In particular the young sauerland guy standing (and issuing instructions) over the scorecards to ensure they were rigged in favour of sylvester. People like sauerland are changing boxing from a sport into something to rival WWE wrestling. It is time the german boxing promoters were blacklisted and investigated for fixing. When a Russian at ringside saw what was going on and objected, ringside security quickly moved in. Sauerland are the biggest muppets in boxing right now.

Good Shout!!!
Will is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #15
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,025
vCash: 836
Default Re: BBC London Boxing Tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Will text this in later as always Buncey but please ask Schaefer

1) What will the Khan undercard be?
2) Has Haye been offered 50-50 no options
3) Can we get to see more of GBP fights in the UK. How does he expect Goldenboy to become a force in the UK when the majority of there fighters have not been shown on British TV and are therefore nobody knows who they are. In the UK Marcos Maidana, Victor Ortiz and Joel Casamayor, potential Khan opponents could be anybody as none of there fights have ever been shown live. If he is not able to sell to Sky how about a web stream otherwise a small number will just download it and watch on ilegal streams.

Fights from GBP we did not see this year;

Maidana vs Cayo
Hopkins vs Jones Jnr
Marquez vs Vaquez 4 (point out none of the 4 fights were ever shown)


Here is a list of GBP fights we did not see in the UK last year.

Kirkland vs Julio
Valero vs Pituala
Andrade vs Tspyko
Williams vs Wright
Ortiz vs Maidana
John vs Juarez 2
Diaz vs Mallignaggi 1
Diaz vs Malignaggi 2
Bute vs Andrade
3 of them were Gary Shaw promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006 View Post
Mr Bunce,

please can we have your views on the karmazin debacle over the weekend. In particular the young sauerland guy standing (and issuing instructions) over the scorecards to ensure they were rigged in favour of sylvester. People like sauerland are changing boxing from a sport into something to rival WWE wrestling. It is time the german boxing promoters were blacklisted and investigated for fixing. When a Russian at ringside saw what was going on and objected, ringside security quickly moved in. Sauerland are the biggest muppets in boxing right now.
I didnt see anything fish, a Karmazin man tried to take a photo of the scorecard, and the judge had added up his scorecard wrong.

Also is Fleaman a permanent feature yet?
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013