Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 06-24-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default If you were gonna make up a gang of ATG's to get into a gang war, who would u pick?

Me, I would want Foreman, Shavers (not an ATG, but still would be extremely useful), Duran, Holmes (great at jumping off of cars and kicking people in the face), Marciano, Liston, Tyson, Saddler, Armstrong, Hagler, and Harry Greb. IMO no one would mess with us on the streets.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: If you were gonna make up a gang of ATG's to get into a gang war, who would u pick?

One man with a gun win the fight, but alright.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

Default Re: If you were gonna make up a gang of ATG's to get into a gang war, who would u pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnoff
yea but that means you can only stop 6 men...who do you choose
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #4
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: If you were gonna make up a gang of ATG's to get into a gang war, who would u pick?

Foreman, Liston, Hopkins, Duran
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #5
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnoff
No guns, just fists.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
jhar26
Journeyman

Dempsey, Duran, Jeffries, Gatti, Tyson, Gomez, Foreman, Pacquiao, Marciano, LaMotta, Liston, Barkley, Frazier
jhar26 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

HW ATG's: Dempsey, Marciano, Liston, Jeffries, Sullivan, Foreman (George wanted Tyson), Holmes (Larry wanted George), Jack Johnson. (Battle royale background. 'Nuff said.)

Other ATG's: Duran, Greb, Walker, Jeff Chandler (while Bantamweight Champion in 1982, he actually did hold off several attackers during a traffic altercation, until one of them resorted to stabbing him in the shoulder with a broken bottle, leaving a distinctive scar. This construction worker is one tough little guy). LaMotta. (Mean, mean, mean.) Basilio. Jack Blackburn (Survived his brother's slashing of his throat, then shot and killed a man. Carried a knife scar on his face.) Gans. (Another battle royale veteran.) Camacho. (Never lost a street fight. Dirty antagonist.) Fitzsimmons. (Actually went after Wyatt Earp, after Earp disqualified Bob against Tom Sharkey in 1896. Earp wisely drew a gun. You know, if referees carried guns today, boxers wouldn't ignore them so much. Perhaps mace would be a more suitable alternative.)
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #8
Longhhorn71
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Duran is a great choice.....he shows up on both posted lists.

Remember, he once cold-****ed a horse....good for use on the
NYC mounted police if they try to intervene.
Longhhorn71 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabby Gut
Mickey Ward (I know, not an ATG but an all-time tough guy), Billy Conn, Jerry Quarry - not an ATG either but a darn good fighter.
If I was going to include all-time tough guys who were not ATGs, I would have selected Tex Cobb, Mustafa Hamsho, and Vito Antuofermo.

One ATG I omitted from my initial list was Victor Galindez, a steel chinned competitor who wasn't fazed by the sight of his own blood.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 01:59 PM   #10
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

Liston and Foreman with Greb between them would take the center.

Duran and Ketchel on the flanks.

Iran Barkley was a Black Spade from the Bronx. No one beats that kind of experience. Throw him in there -as well as Jack Dempsey who had about a 100 hobo fights.

I'd stand watching just out of reach of the blood splatters with a cigar.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:01 PM   #11
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict

Default Re: If you were gonna make up a gang of ATG's to get into a gang war, who would u pic

Bat Masterson, Wyatt Earp, Billy the Kid, and Wild Bill Hickock.
cross_trainer is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:20 PM   #12
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabby Gut
Tex Cobb, Hamsho, Antuofermo, Galindez - GREAT choices! Heck, I sure would not want to piss them off. A guy I used to know from Philly was drinking with Tex Cobb in a bar there one time years ago. He was in stitches. Cobb should have been a stand up comic. This guy said he never had more fun in his entirte life listening to Tex's stories. He was hilarious. His comedic timing was impeccable.
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when Tex tried to rob Al Bundy, and Bundy decked him! (Course then he sued Al for taking away his livelihood-the ability to burglarize homes.)
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #13
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234
Me, I would want Foreman, Shavers (not an ATG, but still would be extremely useful), Duran, Holmes (great at jumping off of cars and kicking people in the face), Marciano, Liston, Tyson, Saddler, Armstrong, Hagler, and Harry Greb. IMO no one would mess with us on the streets.

I don't know whether I'd have Larry, you never know, Greg Page or Pinklon Thomas might be members of the rival gang.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:48 PM   #14
Sizzle
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
I don't know whether I'd have Larry, you never know, Greg Page or Pinklon Thomas might be members of the rival gang.
If Nick Wells was in a rival gang he'd stomp Larry's head into the pavement!
Sizzle is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #15
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
Wow! Page vs Holmes! Mallard vs Dirigible! That settles it. If having Crazy Larry on my side causes Goodyear and Needles to forget about everybody else in my gang, it's a worthwhile selection.
Duodenum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum