Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #61
Reuben
L.A.M.B
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Looks like Tyson fury is pulling out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post

Chisora is AT domestic level not above it.
Olubamiwo is going nowhere
Price will be lucky to get to/past Euro level at the absolute best.
No seen much of the others to be fair but i'll tell you this..... None of our current British Fighters will be World Champs at Heavy. That is a fact
Chisora could beat half the Eurobums out there, Harrison has dropped the title if I remember rightly and Chisoa has a better chance than most of getting it.

Olubamiwo is 6'4 Built like a tank and hits hard. Like I said he has POTENTIAL.

Price, Towers and Dallas are looking very good. Why the lack of optimism? All these guys can go far and are some of the best HW prospects out there, and with the division as poor as it is nowdays we need all the prospects we can get and we should support them (Aside from Fury who can even get in ****ing shape, if he aint bothered we should not be)

I never said these guys would be world beaters but they are much ****ing better than Fury.
Reuben is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #62
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Yup Chisora already is, Olubamiwo has potential to beat any HW but he needs to box more, and i would be very suprised if the other 3 did not hit the HW P4P top ten at some point, its not hard nowdays...

My point is that with all the hype around Fury at the end of the day. He is just not very good.
Sorry mate, but you are way off...Chisora might get and win a Euro shot but that will be about it amingst the bunch that you mentioned...****s sake, my daughter could beat big Larry with footwork alone, he's appalling
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #63
Reuben
L.A.M.B
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Sorry mate, but you are way off...Chisora might get and win a Euro shot but that will be about it amingst the bunch that you mentioned...****s sake, my daughter could beat big Larry with footwork alone, he's appalling
Yes he is poor at the moment but for the 3rd time HE HAS POTENTIAL. I never said he is great NOW.

Anyway. What makes you think that Dallas, Towers and Price will do so badly, i have watched pretty much all of their fights and they look just as impressive as any of the other great prospects in the sport today, its not against great opposition yeah, but it gives you a good idea.

Some ****ing negative people on here.
Reuben is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #64
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Chisora could beat half the Eurobums out there, Harrison has dropped the title if I remember rightly and Chisoa has a better chance than most of getting it..
Could - Exactly, he hasn't done it though. And I actually like Chisora I think he's the best of a bad bunch though

Quote:
Olubamiwo is 6'4 Built like a tank and hits hard. Like I said he has POTENTIAL..
No he hasn't he's shite, beating up no hopers.

Quote:
Price, Towers and Dallas are looking very good. Why the lack of optimism? All these guys can go far and are some of the best HW prospects out there, and with the division as poor as it is nowdays we need all the prospects we can get and we should support them (Aside from Fury who can even get in ****ing shape, if he aint bothered we should not be).
I will be supporting them but I'm fairly confident in saying the won't get near an Alphabet strap

Quote:
I never said these guys would be world beaters but they are much ****ing better than Fury.
Some are some aren't
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #65
Reuben
L.A.M.B
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Could - Exactly, he hasn't done it though. And I actually like Chisora I think he's the best of a bad bunch though

No he hasn't he's shite, beating up no hopers.

I will be supporting them but I'm fairly confident in saying the won't get near an Alphabet strap

Some are some aren't
Well you know what I cannot see into the future so how about we just wait and see? Domestically the HW division is brimming eventually we will find out who the really good guys are and who the bums are, I will say this though we need to support these guys, I would be VERY suprised if one or two of them were not top level contenders/future champs I mean when these guys get top the TOP level there will be no Klitschkos and I assume no Haye so there will be a huge gulf in the division and anyone has a shot at getting the titles.
Reuben is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #66
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Yes he is poor at the moment but for the 3rd time HE HAS POTENTIAL. I never said he is great NOW.

Anyway. What makes you think that Dallas, Towers and Price will do so badly, i have watched pretty much all of their fights and they look just as impressive as any of the other great prospects in the sport today, its not against great opposition yeah, but it gives you a good idea.

Just realists
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 12:01 AM   #67
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:

Good post, and don't worry people will twist your words and make it sound you are claiming he is the next Larry Holmes when in reality he isn't up to much. It's nice to have a bit of interest in the domestic scene now that the likes of Williams, Skelton and probably Sprott are at the end.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 12:08 AM   #68
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
Good post, and don't worry people will twist your words and make it sound you are claiming he is the next Larry Holmes when in reality he isn't up to much. It's nice to have a bit of interest in the domestic scene now that the likes of Williams, Skelton and probably Sprott are at the end.
NO ! It wasn't a good post This was his first post here.....

Quote:
OH FOR ****S SAKE.

You know what. **** Fury he is not even worth the effort of looking up the news on him, and what that? Like a few clicks?

We need to focus on guys like Chisora, Olubamiwo, Price, Towers and Dallas that are actually getting somewere.

Fury is going to end up being a British/Euro (if he is lucky) level fighter at best folks.
Now if he's saying that Fury could get to Euro level possibly but we should be focusing on the likes of Chisora, Olubamiwo, Price, Towers and Dallas that are getting somewhere this would suggest that most of them will be going past Euro Level.

The next thing past Euro level is World level. I can gaurantee right now that Chisora has the best chance of making World level out of that crop and i'm not sure he'll get there to be honest.
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 02:32 AM   #69
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I think Fury is potentially the best of that bunch. He really needs to settle down with a trainer and work hard.... 'cos at the minute he just a lazy bum.

Price, Oluwabimo etc are with Maloney so will be well past it by the time they face someone with a winning record/decent dig/good chin.

Chisora is the next best.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 04:44 AM   #70
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Quote:
NO ! It wasn't a good post This was his first post here.....

Now if he's saying that Fury could get to Euro level possibly but we should be focusing on the likes of Chisora, Olubamiwo, Price, Towers and Dallas that are getting somewhere this would suggest that most of them will be going past Euro Level.

The next thing past Euro level is World level. I can gaurantee right now that Chisora has the best chance of making World level out of that crop and i'm not sure he'll get there to be honest.
Yeah, but to be fair he has also gone on to explain that he just thinks these guys hve potential, which is a fair comment. Okay, others such as beating any heavyweight are a bit far fetched. He also hasn't actually stated he thinks they will hit World level - that is just your suggestion of the back of his post (unless I've missed it). Chisora probably does have the best chance of the fighters mentioned but it is very hard to predict what will happen when these guys actually meet at British level first. We may come out with a strong Euro contender or they may all flop miserably. There isn't much strength in depth at heavyweight so it is hard to predict what will happen in a few years time should one of the above manage to get a shot.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 04:45 AM   #71
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Quote:
Yup Chisora already is, Olubamiwo has potential to beat any HW but he needs to box more, and i would be very suprised if the other 3 did not hit the HW P4P top ten at some point, its not hard nowdays...

My point is that with all the hype around Fury at the end of the day. He is just not very good.
I like Larry but
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 07:20 AM   #72
Reuben
L.A.M.B
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM5153 View Post
I like Larry but
Potential is a word I will never use again
Reuben is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 07:55 AM   #73
DavidPayne
***.boxingwriter.co.uk
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Frank Maloney is confident Tyson Fury will show

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
DavidPayne is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #74
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well you know what I cannot see into the future so how about we just wait and see? Domestically the HW division is brimming eventually we will find out who the really good guys are and who the bums are, I will say this though we need to support these guys, I would be VERY suprised if one or two of them were not top level contenders/future champs I mean when these guys get top the TOP level there will be no Klitschkos and I assume no Haye so there will be a huge gulf in the division and anyone has a shot at getting the titles.
dead right, you wont have to wait long to find out, tyson fury will not avoid any of them, it may be hard for a lot to swallow that a traveller/ stroke gypsy could be the best big man in uk, but hold on to your seats for a little while, as he's out to prove it.
portside is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #75
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
Olubamiwo?
Hes absolute crap,anyone who loses to the hairy shrek should retire immediately.
fury done him better than any of the others in his third fight,
portside is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum