Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2010, 06:09 AM   #31
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

Do they still do reading comprehension in schools? Where you read a passage of text and have to explain what the actual content is in your own words?
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #32
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

People just want to take the headline as a given. Even by the Mail's low standards of journalism that's really poor for twisting the facts.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:54 AM   #33
anjawnaymiz
Cleverly's the future!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Harrow, London, UK
Posts: 557
vCash: 308
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

i dont really mind this fight, its a soft touch for haye really, fighting someone with audleys height an reach aint a bad thing and the more time he takes then the older vitali will get, i cant see haye fighting wlad anytime in the near future, and at least audley gets the world title shot he's been after all this time.

you cant really slag haye off for an easy defence what with the klits picking from the bottom of the barrell recently.

non boxing fans have been asking me about this fight so theres obvious interest.
anjawnaymiz is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #34
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,428
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

this is bullshit to be honest, i thought haye was serious about cleaning up the division or at least try to.


audley in a heavyweight title fight? after beating who exactly?
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #35
loughlan
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjawnaymiz View Post
i dont really mind this fight, its a soft touch for haye really, fighting someone with audleys height an reach aint a bad thing and the more time he takes then the older vitali will get, i cant see haye fighting wlad anytime in the near future, and at least audley gets the world title shot he's been after all this time.

you cant really slag haye off for an easy defence what with the klits picking from the bottom of the barrell recently.

non boxing fans have been asking me about this fight so theres obvious interest.
Yes you can after all the talking he's done about saving the heavyweight division and you can't blame the Klitschkos for fighting bad opposition especially since Wladimir seems to be doing everything he can to make the fight with Haye. Old man Ruiz was an easy defense, does he really need another one?
loughlan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #36
taobum70
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjawnaymiz View Post
i dont really mind this fight, its a soft touch for haye really, fighting someone with audleys height an reach aint a bad thing and the more time he takes then the older vitali will get, i cant see haye fighting wlad anytime in the near future, and at least audley gets the world title shot he's been after all this time.

you cant really slag haye off for an easy defence what with the klits picking from the bottom of the barrell recently.

non boxing fans have been asking me about this fight so theres obvious interest.
Once the Klits start wearing T - shirts with severed heads and claim they only want to fight the absolute best, as Haye did two years ago, I will slag them off for taking stay - busy fights. The Klitschkos has fought the best available HW's for years, every mandatory and contenders with fewor no losses. Vitali's opponents since his comeback had as many losses combined as Audley has by himself.
taobum70 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #37
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loughlan View Post
Yes you can after all the talking he's done about saving the heavyweight division and you can't blame the Klitschkos for fighting bad opposition especially since Wladimir seems to be doing everything he can to make the fight with Haye. Old man Ruiz was an easy defense, does he really need another one?
HE HASN'T AGREED TO FIGHT HARRISON, FFS!

The article clearly states that it's Matchroom who've made an offer - Audley's promoter. Audley wants a big fight. Haye cannot comment on the progress of negotiations with K2 as a rule of the negotiations. So, he can't announce any fight until negotiations are concluded.

If he fights anyone but a Klitschko, it's going to be Adamek I'd bet. HBO worthy, US exposure, former cruiser. Great fight in the UK and the US.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #38
loughlan
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
HE HASN'T AGREED TO FIGHT HARRISON, FFS!

The article clearly states that it's Matchroom who've made an offer - Audley's promoter. Audley wants a big fight. Haye cannot comment on the progress of negotiations with K2 as a rule of the negotiations. So, he can't announce any fight until negotiations are concluded.

If he fights anyone but a Klitschko, it's going to be Adamek I'd bet. HBO worthy, US exposure, former cruiser. Great fight in the UK and the US.
I didn't say he has agreed, I was replying to the guy saying you can't slag him off if he fights Harrison.
loughlan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #39
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

Well, yes you can. But he won't.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #40
dannyboy147
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Aberdeen,Sunny Scotland
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 75
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

Isn't David Haye's wife ill hence why he hasn't been in the media the last little while? All stories and threads about him are just rumours by bloggers and journalists. Maybie he will fight both Klitschos or maybie he will fight Fraudley.nobody knows until we hear from David. Personally i think david and his trainer know a lot more than we do about the sport and will not let the reputation and name he has started to build for himself be shattered by fighting a joke like 'A' Force!!

He fought Valuev for the title then the mandatory so if he was to pick an easy fight who could blame him?everybody else seems to do it! I think he will fight valuev again (rematch clause/ cash) then fight one of the big boys. Fraudley in the mean time can keep dreaming and talking sh*t !
dannyboy147 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #41
safc1990
Goodbye Bolo :(
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Only Mackem In The Village
Posts: 2,511
vCash: 2952
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy147 View Post
Isn't David Haye's wife ill hence why he hasn't been in the media the last little while? All stories and threads about him are just rumours by bloggers and journalists. Maybie he will fight both Klitschos or maybie he will fight Fraudley.nobody knows until we hear from David. Personally i think david and his trainer know a lot more than we do about the sport and will not let the reputation and name he has started to build for himself be shattered by fighting a joke like 'A' Force!!
You had Adam Booth saying last week that Haye's credibility would be shot to pieces if he fought Audley, that hardly sounds like a team who are desperate for the Harrison fight does it?
safc1990 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #42
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
There has been no proof that Haye was offered anything of the sort. Until there's a contract on the table, nothing is agreed and nothing has been offered.
come on dft there only so much you can defend Haye now.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #43
dannyboy147
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Aberdeen,Sunny Scotland
Posts: 1,730
vCash: 75
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

Thats what i was saying.Maybie audley could drag bruno out the looney bin for one last payday,they are both clearly deluded!!!
dannyboy147 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #44
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leeds
Posts: 888
vCash: 350
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

I'm in two minds over this fight to be honest. Like it or not, this will do good numbers. Good numbers means a good pay day for both fighters in a fight that will generate big interest in the UK. Those are the plus points.

However, fighting Jonh Ruiz and then Audley Harrison is not 'cleaning out the heavyweight division'. Haye has talked a lot of crap in the last couple of years and he's not, at this moment in time, backing it up. It's going to be hard for people to defend Haye if he fights Audley on the back of fighting Ruiz.

The only thing i can think of, is that Haye and his team are putting pressure on Vitali to offer better terms and sign for a fight, as he gets ever closer to retirement?? Vitali must realise he has'nt got long left at the top level. With Haye being so inactive as it is and actively looking at other opponents, perhaps Vitali will soon offer terms Haye cannot refuse?
The Blackout is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #45
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
come on dft there only so much you can defend Haye now.
I don't see anything to damn him here either. There's nothing at all that says Haye's accepted or rejected any offer by anybody. Just fanboy speculation and sloppy reporting.

If he fights Harrison, I'll be the first to criticise him. But we have no evidence at all that he is. I'd be just as quick to defend any fighter. I don't believe Mayweather's ducking Pacquaio for example, and I don't believe the opposite of that either.

If there's a contract on the table, and both fighters agree the terms are fair and then Haye turns it down - he deserves criticism. There doesn't seem to be anything apart from a whole load of heresy.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013