Old 06-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #61
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Daily Mail: Audley accepts Haye offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Tony, mate - the article clearly states that Matchroom have offered Haye the 1m to fight Harrison. Despite the misleading title (deliberately so, in fact) there nothing that suggests Haye has commented or agreed to anything.

More likely is that Matchroom and Harrison are hoping this makes them a more attractive proposition than Adamek in case the Klitschko fight doesn't come off.
Sorry mate I was under the illiusion that David Haye had offered Audley a Million quid that's all, David will want far more than 1 million I feel, Especially as he has everything to lose and nothing to gain and I mean literally nothing!! He'll get slammed off every bit of press from left to right when I personally feel it's not that bad, I mean common Klitschko has just fought Sosnowski and that was only beacuse he had the European title so big Aud had it so why not let him have his pop... Can you imagine the press coneference to announce this fight..

The speech Audley will give will be memorable, I'll bet it starts like this, "I never said it was gonna be easy, But it's my destiny to become world champion" If he won then imagine the press a rematch would get cos you know David will have that drawn up in the contract...

This fight will be huge in this country but frowned upon everywhere else.. But eh, Who cares...
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #62
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUzi View Post
Yeah but the thing about Haye,the great thing about him actually,was that he wasn't like every other fighter,he had a special attitude and portrayed himself as a thowback saviour.

Now he seen the $$$ signs, its clearly obvious he's not special. He's a loud mouthed fake.

Barrett/Valuev/Ruiz-come on.

Even his wins at cruiserweight are extremely over rated(good tho) but i'm not going to go there.
You're probably right about the $$$$, Haye was giving the Klits shit when he thought they were his only road to the HW title, now he has a title himself he suddenly has other options.

TBH I can't see much wrong with Barrett/ Valuez/ Ruiz when you look at the contexts of the fights. Barrett was a solid first opponent at heavyweight, Valuev was for the title and Ruiz was the mandatory. Not great opponents (its not a great division!!) but nothing to really pull Haye up over.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #63
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Sorry mate I was under the illiusion that David Haye had offered Audley a Million quid that's all, David will want far more than 1 million I feel, Especially as he has everything to lose and nothing to gain and I mean literally nothing!!
I'm not wanting to get at anybody - it's just driving me nuts the way the whole saga's been twisted.

But you're right - there's no upside to Haye fighting Audley.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #64
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
You're probably right about the $$$$, Haye was giving the Klits shit when he thought they were his only road to the HW title, now he has a title himself he suddenly has other options.

TBH I can't see much wrong with Barrett/ Valuez/ Ruiz when you look at the contexts of the fights. Barrett was a solid first opponent at heavyweight, Valuev was for the title and Ruiz was the mandatory. Not great opponents (its not a great division!!) but nothing to really pull Haye up over.
Maybe if he was fighting more reguarly i could accept it but those 3 in two years is pretty disappointing to me especially if he's considering Valuev or worse next
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #65
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ahhh please not a Valuev rematch!!

I'd rather pay to see him fight Audley than watch him fight Valuev for free, He has to employ terrible tactics to beat someone of that size..

I'll be honest I think it's great for domestic boxing and it'll really put it back up there as a huge sport again in our national papers and stuff if they fight, Who cares what the Klitschko's say?? ,If it's good for British boxing which it undoubtly is then just let it happen!If this bill happens then trust me we really could have Saturday boxing back alongside with the Friday Fight Nights !!!
Old 06-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #66
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Getting a few paydays in before a unification (if thats even what Haye ends up doing, theres no evidence of it yet) isn't "milking a title for everything its worth", its just being sensible and doing what most fighters in that posistion would do.

I know you'll say Haye "called out" the Klits and so has lied to the boxing public (and thats probably true) but thats just "welcome to the real world" IMHO. It happens.

Don't let this get like that Willie Limond "thing" from a while back....
Its not just the repeated call outs and t shirts, Hayes whole career he has prophasised about being in it for the glory taking the toughest fights. If he fights Harrison he may as well of just signed with ****** when he turned pro.

deep down you all know i was right about Limmond. You all slagged of ****** fighters for doing the same thing for years but when it came to Willie you let it slide.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #67
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
you really cannot look at it in any other than Haye is ducking a fight with the Klitscko brothers. He is either scared, or wants to milk his title for everything its worth by conning the British public.
Great piece of work mate but to be honest it adds up the the square root of **** all....until I have a direct and verifiable quote from both parties involved I will not speculate and neither should you. All we have so far is someone quoting an un-named someone else who is close to someone...lots of someones and one nobody (Chef).
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 02:16 PM   #68
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

I wouldn't mind this fight if Harrison had actually done something of note.

But all he did was beat Sprott, with a last gasp punch after getting beaten comfortably by the journeyman for 11 rounds before that.

Harrison is getting this fight purely because he's an olympic gold medalist, which is just stupid.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #69
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
it doesnt clearly state that mate. its very vague from either side, you could see it as a haye offer or a matchroom offer, theres nothing clear about it.
And no quotes...not a "No comment" from Hayes camp, a statement from the Haye camp saying "mind your own business", or just a plain old "**** off"...this indicates to me that whoever the "author" of this piece of chip paper is they made absolutely no attempt to contact either Haye or Booth.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #70
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Its not just the repeated call outs and t shirts, Hayes whole career he has prophasised about being in it for the glory taking the toughest fights. If he fights Harrison he may as well of just signed with ****** when he turned pro.

deep down you all know i was right about Limmond. You all slagged of ****** fighters for doing the same thing for years but when it came to Willie you let it slide.

Just quickly sum up what you mean please mate?? Im a bit lost??
Old 06-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #71
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrovesVDegale View Post
Rob, do you not have a job or anything??
Audley wrote it for him...he hasn't got a gig at the moment
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #72
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

This is a step down a level for Haye, but a good money spinner, hopefully he will put a rest to A-Force once and for all with his last good payday.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #73
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
You sound like someone who, 6 months into a relationship, has just found out the boyfriend/ girfriend who they thought was perfect farts in bed.

Quote:
No Rob, you were embarrassing with Limond. He was just trying to earn a few quid by advertising a fight as for the WBU title and you totally overreacted because you had access to him and his trainer on ESB, like you were on some sort of moral crusade to save boxing from the evil Willie Limond.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #74
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
You sound like someone who, 6 months into a relationship, has just found out the boyfriend/ girfriend who they thought was perfect farts in bed.
Its so disspiriting when that happens...crushing
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #75
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Its so disspiriting when that happens...crushing

Its a blow but you've just got to get on with it. I know Haye promised he'd be different, but deep down he's just like all the rest!!!
GazOC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum