Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #16
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Goldenboy wants no part of the elite at 140 for Khan

Some people would be better off following the WWF.
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 05:53 AM   #17
El Cepillo
Baddest Man on the Planet
East Side Guru

vCash: 1075

A new low for Hatton.

Oh sorry, wrong thread.
El Cepillo is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 05:58 AM   #18
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHomeJerome View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

They want absolutely no part of any of those names. They rejected the tournament idea flat out, despite what Con says in the ring after his fights, he and his handlers really want no part of those cats - a disgrace.
You are a bit of a sad case really, change the ****ing record..."Con" indeed, grow up. What you failed to point out in your post is that it isn't just Khan, JMM and Maidana have also been excluded from the tournament idea by Goldenboy, man up and give a proper view of the situation not one driven by juvenile hatred...twisting news stories to further your point is pretty lame to be honest, you are almost in UnderTheWires class
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 06:08 AM   #19
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Oh my God

Someone accuses Khan of being a fraud.

Must be true

Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 06:51 AM   #20
brucebufershair
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

To be honest although i'd much prefer to see him fight Alexander , bradley , Maidana i still think Marqueez would be a very live opponent . Yes Mayweather made him look old and slow but Myweather tends to do that . At a lower weight and having had more time t get used to it Marqueez has the skill experience and power to give Khan a very hard nights work. Financially its a good fight for Khan it will raise his profile in the states and give him more experience in fighting latin fighters something he'll need because their are a lot of them around in his division .
brucebufershair is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 AM   #21
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
You are a bit of a sad case really, change the ****ing record..."Con" indeed, grow up. What you failed to point out in your post is that it isn't just Khan, JMM and Maidana have also been excluded from the tournament idea by Goldenboy, man up and give a proper view of the situation not one driven by juvenile hatred...twisting news stories to further your point is pretty lame to be honest, you are almost in UnderTheWires class
He is UnderTheWire. Just with multiple accounts . The guy is an absolute joke and will be packing his bags in 2011.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #22
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
He is UnderTheWire. Just with multiple accounts . The guy is an absolute joke and will be packing his bags in 2011.
I know it's hard for you to understand that there are non-racist people like me who think Con is a total fraud but sorry to say there is, and a lot of us. People here know who I am, I am not Under The Wire as I have told you before you deluded disgraceful repugnant cunt.

As for the thread, the point is that Con stood centre ring after the Paulie fight talking up a tournament between himself, Maidana, Bradley & Alexander.

Now Bradley's promoter approaches HBO about it, who consult GBP and get a straight "no thanks" response.
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #23
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Jerome is deffo NOT Under The Wire.

Tags: 'Glass jawed disgrace'

Khan is a joker, and I'm neither a racist nor a troll. I rank Khan alongside Linares and Valero as carefully guided hype trains that will get derailed (Valero postponed his exposure indefinitely mind)
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #24
Grievesy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 309

My only gripe with Khan is that he is trying to fight lightweights and lightweights who are proven to be ineffective at 140 at that. Khan is all wrong for JMM, especially considering JMM loses far too much speed above 135. He's barely a 135 fighter ffs. It would be a fight against a name and that's it, similar to the MAB fight I think and seeing as I'm a big JMM fan, him being thrown to the wolves so to speak just doesn't sit well with me (and neither did the MAB fight). As for Juan Diaz, again we have seen that he is ineffective at 140 from his two fights with Paulie. Paulie even had Diaz hurt in the second fight. This fight won't happen anyway because JMM will knock him out, but still. Katsidis is somewhat acceptable because he has a style that could cause Khan trouble and (after a quick check of boxrec) he has fought at 140 before.

Apart from that, some of the criticism of Khan is unwarranted imo. I rate his wins over Kotelnik and Malignaggi personally as decent wins against top 10 opponents. And as for the ducking the top 140 fighters, well they're all as bad as each other imo. They're all just complaining about money now, when none of them are really in a position to talk about it. 'I make more money than you, wah wah wahhhh!' Fanny's!
Grievesy is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #25
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievesy View Post
My only gripe with Khan is that he is trying to fight lightweights and lightweights who are proven to be ineffective at 140 at that. Khan is all wrong for JMM, especially considering JMM loses far too much speed above 135. He's barely a 135 fighter ffs. It would be a fight against a name and that's it, similar to the MAB fight I think and seeing as I'm a big JMM fan, him being thrown to the wolves so to speak just doesn't sit well with me (and neither did the MAB fight). As for Juan Diaz, again we have seen that he is ineffective at 140 from his two fights with Paulie. Paulie even had Diaz hurt in the second fight. This fight won't happen anyway because JMM will knock him out, but still. Katsidis is somewhat acceptable because he has a style that could cause Khan trouble and (after a quick check of boxrec) he has fought at 140 before.

Apart from that, some of the criticism of Khan is unwarranted imo. I rate his wins over Kotelnik and Malignaggi personally as decent wins against top 10 opponents. And as for the ducking the top 140 fighters, well they're all as bad as each other imo. They're all just complaining about money now, when none of them are really in a position to talk about it. 'I make more money than you, wah wah wahhhh!' Fanny's!
x2
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #26
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Time will tell with Con. I hope in two years time when Con is still fighting shot lightweights that you are all man enough to admit he is a total fraud and I was right.

Likewise, if he does get dragged into fighting the elite (probably kicking and screaming) I will man up and admit I was wrong (and get banned for life).

NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2010, 01:07 PM   #27
mani0
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievesy View Post

This
mani0 is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 12:47 AM   #28
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

The bottom line is JMM is a bigger name/money fight than Maidana, Bradley, Alexander all put together right now, also no one outside hardcore boxing know their names, so in GBP eyes are not worth the risk/reward factor right now.

Schaefer said why dont Bradley and Alexander fight and the winner becomes a bigger name and would be then ready to face GBP future megastar Amir Khan for good money.

P.S

To my good friend NoHome(whatever)

I heard Khan is going to pay millions to WBA to keep the 140 title and fight 135 fighters for the next 2 years, he also will keep calling out Maidana, Bradley, Alexander after fights for the next 2 years and keep ducking them, Khan will never fight at 140 fighter again ever.

Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 04:32 AM   #29
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

My Nephew has a better chin than Khan
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 04:51 AM   #30
namsu55
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darni187 View Post
The bottom line is JMM is a bigger name/money fight than Maidana, Bradley, Alexander all put together right now, also no one outside hardcore boxing know their names, so in GBP eyes are not worth the risk/reward factor right now.

Schaefer said why dont Bradley and Alexander fight and the winner becomes a bigger name and would be then ready to face GBP future megastar Amir Khan for good money.

P.S

To my good friend NoHome(whatever)

I heard Khan is going to pay millions to WBA to keep the 140 title and fight 135 fighters for the next 2 years, he also will keep calling out Maidana, Bradley, Alexander after fights for the next 2 years and keep ducking them, Khan will never fight at 140 fighter again ever.

Pay Millions! Who will pay millions to keep that piece of shit.
namsu55 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum