Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: Goldenboy wants no part of the elite at 140 for Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darni187 View Post
P.S

To my good friend NoHome(whatever)

I heard Khan is going to pay millions to WBA to keep the 140 title and fight 135 fighters for the next 2 years, he also will keep calling out Maidana, Bradley, Alexander after fights for the next 2 years and keep ducking them, Khan will never fight at 140 fighter again ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namsu55 View Post
Pay Millions! Who will pay millions to keep that piece of ****.
Darni....you need to label any future attempt at humour with a "SARCASTIC" tab before posting, you don't seem to be obvious enough for some posters
icemax is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2010, 07:26 AM   #32
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Darni....you need to label any future attempt at humour with a "SARCASTIC" tab before posting, you don't seem to be obvious enough for some posters

I know.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #33
Coldhearted
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 502

Khan is a fraud coz he isnt fighting the best while he is only 23. Calzaghe is a super hero coz he fought bums all his life, a over hyped jeff lacy then went to america for his last 2 fights in a 15 year career!!!!Hatton fought bums till the costa tszyu fight then fought washed up castillo and got knocked out twice wen he stepped up this was in a 12 year career!!!!so i guess all khan has to do is fight the murrays and the thaxtons and the anthony mezzaches of lightweight and light welterweight till 10 years have passed then he can fight the best fighter in the divsion and retire he will also be regarded as a legend!!!absolutely fu***ng pathetic. Why shud he fight anyone so early?if calzaghe can hold his world title while in his prime and still fight bums jus to keep an undefeated record i'm sure khan can do it jus for a couple of fights. he isnt retiring anytime soon theres still a lot of him to see, i dont see an threads saying maidana's a fraud for faking his back injury, or alexander is a fraud for fighting khan's s****s (kotelnik), or bradley is a fraud for fighting an unknown welterweight. open ur eyes there isnt only one champion in the division!!!!!!
Coldhearted is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 10:20 AM   #34
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darni187 View Post
The bottom line is JMM is a bigger name/money fight than Maidana, Bradley, Alexander all put together right now, also no one outside hardcore boxing know their names, so in GBP eyes are not worth the risk/reward factor right now.

Schaefer said why dont Bradley and Alexander fight and the winner becomes a bigger name and would be then ready to face GBP future megastar Amir Khan for good money.

Well, Shaw proposed the draw being out of the hat, so Alexander could have fought Bradley, Con's camp gave a flat out "no thanks" answer to a chance of fighting the big names at 140.

And, why should the number one and two fighters fight to face the fourth best fighter? Completely re****ed. Con isn't the draw you think he is.

Oh, JMM is a name, wow, that's a great excuse for fighting bloated old men. I wonder if he will use that for Erik Morales or Casamayor in his next few fights.
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #35
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHomeJerome View Post
Con's camp gave a flat out "no thanks" answer to a chance of fighting the big names at 140.
You are doing it again you window licking idiot
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #36
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Rafael's blog

Quote:
I love promoter Gary Shaw's desire to make a junior welterweight tournament. He mentioned his fighter, Timothy Bradley Jr., along with titleholders Devon Alexander and Amir Khan and perhaps Marcos Maidana or Juan Manuel Marquez to round out the field. But it was no surprise that Golden Boy, which handles Khan, Maidana and Marquez, declined.

Khan would be the money fighter in the field because of the riches he would bring from British television. But he's also the guy Golden Boy most needs to protect at this stage of his career. His chin is fragile and as good as he is, he's not ready for Bradley or Alexander.

There is a reason why Khan was matched with Paulie Malignaggi on May 15 -- because he has zero punching power. There's a reason why Golden Boy's Richard Schaefer most often mentions Marquez, Michael Katsidis and Joel Casamayor as future Khan opponents. It's because they are all lightweights, smaller men who would have to move up. I think they are all perfectly fine fights, and this is a business. I get that. Khan fighting any of those three would be fine. I could just do without anyone on the Khan side spewing nonsense about how Khan will fight anyone, blah, blah, blah, when it's very obvious he won't, at least not yet.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #37
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Great find. Clearly no agenda there....
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #38
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Rafael's blog
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #39
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Read the part I posted again and tell me what is wrong or biased in that blog? It seems quite impartial to me, he even says he is fine with the fights vs the lightweights.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #40
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Read the part I posted again and tell me what is wrong or biased in that blog? It seems quite impartial to me, he even says he is fine with the fights vs the lightweights.
GBP have declined the participation of three of their fighters yet the ever so balanced and unbiased Dan Rafael concentrates on one...the man is a complete *****. Putting that blog up as evidence of Khan ducking anyone is laughable
icemax is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum