Old 06-20-2010, 04:47 PM   #46
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao rejects 60-40 revenue split for Mayweather split

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b View Post
A lot of confusion on the board these days, it must be horrible for the guys who are only fans of fighters. They don't know who to trust!
It winds me up Dan. I just wish I wasn't so addicted to the place!!
GazOC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #47
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog View Post
This is utter shite Its obvious that Mayweather doesnt want the fight cause half of 100-200 million is plenty ****in cash, getting right on my ****in nerves now.
Relax, it's an unverified story. None of the people who matter are talking about the fight. It's just fun watchin fanboys like Olu get angry because he thinks his "boy" is getting "dissed" because the little Filipino has the temerity to want purse parity.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #48
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
It winds me up Dan. I just wish I wasn't so addicted to the place!!
I come and go these days. If these two knob heads don't fight this shit will go on forever, long after they've retired. They'll probably end up arguing over who would have spent their imaginary purse better.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2010, 05:45 PM   #49
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Relax, it's an unverified story. None of the people who matter are talking about the fight. It's just fun watchin fanboys like Olu get angry because he thinks his "boy" is getting "dissed" because the little Filipino has the temerity to want purse parity.

Good I can see what Olu is saying about Mayweather having the big PPVs, but I just think that the amount of money thats going around in this fight is incredible, so a 50-50 split and a chance to prove to everyone that you can beat Pacman and claim he is no 1 would be too hard to miss, wouldnt it??!! If he REALLY wanted the fight that is
Top Dog is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #50
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog View Post
Good I can see what Olu is saying about Mayweather having the big PPVs, but I just think that the amount of money thats going around in this fight is incredible, so a 50-50 split and a chance to prove to everyone that you can beat Pacman and claim he is no 1 would be too hard to miss, wouldnt it??!! If he REALLY wanted the fight that is
Don't you dare be so logical about this. Amateur accountants like Olu need their man to get the most paper!
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #51
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru

Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
vCash: 1088

I just wanna know how Mayweather ended up on the wrong end of a 65-35 purse split against De La Hoya when he beats DLH in PPVs against all common opponents.

Mayweather v Mosley sold more PPVs than two fights combined of DLH v Mosley.

Mayweather v Gatti sold a healthy 365k PPVs whereas DLH v Gatti sold a surely disappointing none.
Cobbler is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #52
leighton
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 650

Quote:
Another overnight PED expert.
No expert but lets be honest there must be some doubt in the loyal Pacman fans that he has been using PEDs during his rise up the weights. He may never be caught but there will always be the question mark over his last few fights on IF he did it or not use PEDs. By bringing in Olympic style testing it rules out every PEDs so fighters wont use them and it will clean up the sport.
leighton is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #53
Cobbler
Shoemaker To The Stars
East Side Guru

Location: I don't have a small head. I have posted other pictures on here that prove I don't have a small head
vCash: 1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton View Post
No expert but lets be honest there must be some doubt in the loyal Pacman fans that he has been using PEDs during his rise up the weights. He may never be caught but there will always be the question mark over his last few fights on IF he did it or not use PEDs.
No more than any other athlete of similar standing.

Quote:
By bringing in Olympic style testing it rules out every PEDs so fighters wont use them and it will clean up the sport.
No it doesn't. Multitudes of atheletes have used PEDs in the Olympics. Some were caught, some weren't but we know now that they were doped.

The problem in boxing is that it's actually impossible to have 'olympic-style drug testing' as there is no worldwide body to administer it.
Cobbler is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2010, 06:58 PM   #54
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton View Post
No expert but lets be honest there must be some doubt in the loyal Pacman fans that he has been using PEDs during his rise up the weights. He may never be caught but there will always be the question mark over his last few fights on IF he did it or not use PEDs. By bringing in Olympic style testing it rules out every PEDs so fighters wont use them and it will clean up the sport.
Speak for yourself, I am honest.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #55
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
If there was any fight where the purse split should obviously be 50-50, then it's this one.
its a fifty fifty fight, they both need to get it on, ****ing 4% of the split from this would keep me happy till i was wrong side of the grass,as that us ref who's name i just can't bring to mind says, lets get it on.
portside is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #56
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Olu... seriously. Pac took the first available fight and Clottey hasn't been an easy task for anyone BUT Pac. Anyway. Let's look at the last five fights of each:

Clottey < Mosley
Cotto > Marquez (at welter, not overall, and Pac beat a better Marquez at his natural weight)
Hatton = Hatton (but Pac did a much better job)
Oscar = Oscar (Floyd got a better version of him, but Manny did a better job considering the size difference)
Diaz > Baldomir (but not by much)

But let's look at another fact - Pac was constantly testing himself against naturally bigger opponents (despite that silly catchweight for Pac-Cotto). Floyd, meanwhile was either fighting smaller men, or men at a serious disadvantage physically until Mosley - who was 38, FFS.

Here's a reality check for you. Floyd does NOT deserve a 60-40 split just for being Floyd. He's as reliant on Manny to make serious money as Manny is on him. So 50-50 is fair. Anything less is, to me, just another way out of a fight Floyd just doesn't want for whatever reason.

it's a shame. Floyd got a lot of respect from me for how he handled Mosley. He's losing it with petty bullshit like this. Stop throwing up barriers to making the fight and the fight will happen.
Clottey < Mosley
Cotto > Marquez
Hatton < Hatton - Floyd got a better version
DLH < DLH - Mayweather fought up at 54, DLH was down at 47 for Pac
Diaz = Baldomir
Marquez > Judah

It's all much of a muchness really.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 AM   #57
portside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

their just teasing the public, they will fight, im going for paqiou on points, after being floored early, aclose fight, and there will be clammer for a rematch, the pair will have more money than midas.
portside is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #58
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Notice how he also mentioned penis size earlier. The last refuge of an insecure black man.

Olu once said 'Only Floyd could make a fight with Ajose 50-50'
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #59
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Clottey < Mosley
Cotto > Marquez
Hatton < Hatton - Floyd got a better version
DLH < DLH - Mayweather fought up at 54, DLH was down at 47 for Pac
Diaz = Baldomir
Marquez > Judah

It's all much of a muchness really.

Pac decimated him, at his 'best' weight though (not at that point, but still) took the chances, annihilated him.

Floyd arguably lost the first round and pushed Ricky away with his elbow for 9 rounds. Then stopped him. Didn't even spark him
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #60
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't pay credence to the opinions of sycophants. Better luck next time you try to insult me. Your butt hurt antics are on here for all to see though.
You are the one to laugh at because whilst you may be a fan you know little about business or for bthat matter the business of boxing. Read the following article so that you can get some learning about boxing business. Take as a business school tutorial moron:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum