Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #61
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Pacquiao rejects 60-40 revenue split for Mayweather split

Olu, you do know that 'Dan-B' is Richard Branson? I'd assume he knows a fair bit about business.

If you know so much, why is Ajose languishing (and mediocre)?
Flea Man is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #62
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dog View Post
Good I can see what Olu is saying about Mayweather having the big PPVs, but I just think that the amount of money thats going around in this fight is incredible, so a 50-50 split and a chance to prove to everyone that you can beat Pacman and claim he is no 1 would be too hard to miss, wouldnt it??!! If he REALLY wanted the fight that is
Top Dog thhere is a lot of mullah to go around in this fight period. However I for one never believed PBF would take 50/50 against Pacman. After the ODLH fight where he made about $22 Million and ODLH about $35 Million he said he would never take the short end of the purse again. Why would he do 50/50 with Pacman. 40% 45% will generate for Pacman more money than he has ever seen or will ever get. I think he literally needs to bite off Floyds hand. I really do. The fight will happen because the economics dictates that it should. I suspect Pacman and his team will settle for 45%. The big issue is the mandatory blood testing without a cut off period. Pacman will have to clear this hurdle or lose out on the biggest payday he willill get.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #63
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Olu, you do know that 'Dan-B' is Richard Branson? I'd assume he knows a fair bit about business.

If you know so much, why is Ajose languishing (and mediocre)?
Dan-B is not Branson not that I am fan of Branson. Don't need to justify my business acumen but handle and have handle multimillion and billion pounds and dollar deals.. Unfortunately I took on the Ajose project later not from the start. I put up my hands that mistakes were made and have never denied this.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #64
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Dan-B is not Branson not that I am fan of Branson. Don't need to justify my business acumen but handle and have handle multimillion and billion pounds and dollar deals.. Unfortunately I took on the Ajose project later not from the start. I put up my hands that mistakes were made and have never denied this.
He is Bransons son. Dan B'ranson, did you not know?
Old 06-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #65
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Olu... seriously. Pac took the first available fight and Clottey hasn't been an easy task for anyone BUT Pac. Anyway. Let's look at the last five fights of each:

Clottey < Mosley
Cotto > Marquez (at welter, not overall, and Pac beat a better Marquez at his natural weight)
Hatton = Hatton (but Pac did a much better job)
Oscar = Oscar (Floyd got a better version of him, but Manny did a better job considering the size difference)
Diaz > Baldomir (but not by much)

But let's look at another fact - Pac was constantly testing himself against naturally bigger opponents (despite that silly catchweight for Pac-Cotto). Floyd, meanwhile was either fighting smaller men, or men at a serious disadvantage physically until Mosley - who was 38, FFS.

Here's a reality check for you. Floyd does NOT deserve a 60-40 split just for being Floyd. He's as reliant on Manny to make serious money as Manny is on him. So 50-50 is fair. Anything less is, to me, just another way out of a fight Floyd just doesn't want for whatever reason.

it's a shame. Floyd got a lot of respect from me for how he handled Mosley. He's losing it with petty bullshit like this. Stop throwing up barriers to making the fight and the fight will happen.
First of all to put it on the record I like Pacman and like him a lot but I am not blind to the issues. A lot of people have an irrational hatred for PBF which is their prerogative but fact are facts. PBF accepted less against ODLH even though he is , was and was always the better fighter and made a career high purse of over $20 Million.

Please see this article and see revenue facts:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
p
A lot of credit goes to Pacman for fighting and beating naturally bigger men.Though ODLH and Cotto coming down in weight was a handicap in his favour. I for one appluauded his development from one handed puncher brawler to scientific boxer puncher with lateral movement making better use of his speed. There are still fundamental weakne no need to go into that now.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #66
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Still, his resume shits all over Floyd.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #67
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
He also picked Cotto to beat Pac (so did I in fairness, but that's out of love for Cotto rather than Olu's irrational hate for Pac). He also made shameful comments that Freddy Roach's brain was rotting so his comments shouldn't be taken seriously.

It must be hard to accept that Ajose's reached his level and isn't the talent he thought he was, but there's no need to take it out on genuinely great fighters like Pac and on great trainers like Roach.
First of all I picked Clottey out of African patriotism but knew and said he needed to do things differently and lets his hands go.. He did not and the few times he did got some success and marked up Pacman hence reason in my views and analysis of wha he needed to do. I don't hate and will never hate Pacman. Why should I? I am an admirer of his work. I picked him to beat ODLH.

I picked Cotto to beat Pacman which he could have done but after a great start ended fighting the wrong fight when he needed to fight a disciplined tactical fight.

I don't respect Freddie Roach and his ramblings indicate to me me that he certainly not altogether there. Sorry but I call it like I see it.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #68
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Still, his resume shits all over Floyd.

All the guys have solid resumes and in Floyds case he has beaten the best in every division from 130. The only weight where he did not beat the very best was 140 as unfortunately the great Tyzu was unavailable. I think people especially those that don't like him are irrational about PBF.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #69
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You are the one to laugh at because whilst you may be a fan you know little about business or for bthat matter the business of boxing. Read the following article so that you can get some learning about boxing business. Take as a business school tutorial moron:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Just go and post on the general forum with all the other sycophants. "Multi million and billion dollar deals"? No doubt these were followed by blow jobs from super models who swallowed all 14 inches of your manhood in the back of the chauffeur driven, stretch limo.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #70
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b View Post
Notice how he also mentioned penis size earlier. The last refuge of an insecure black man.
In the language of the great Ronald Reagan "there you go again", you were the one who 1st mentioned knobs calling me a knob from the safety of your computer and you are clearly one however small or insignificant yours is. Why does a black man have to be insecure about anything and particularly his penis size. Think it says more about you actually.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #71
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
In the language of the great Ronald Reagan "there you go again", you were the one who 1st mentioned knobs calling me a knob from the safety of your computer and you are clearly one however small or insignificant yours is. Why does a black man have to be insecure about anything and particularly his penis size. Think it says more about you actually.
I'd happily call you a knob if we ever met, not that I'd go out of my way to meet someone as dull and sycophantic as yourself. You intimated my penis was small, I assumed you meant in comparison to yours as all black men have 14" whoppers do they not? Or perhaps that is a myth after all.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #72
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Don't you dare be so logical about this. Amateur accountants like Olu need their man to get the most paper!
At least I have MBA from a top business school no amateur accountant little danny boy.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #73
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
At least I have MBA from a top business school no amateur accountant little danny boy.
Good for you. As a boxing fan (not an accountant) are you more interested in seeing the best fight the best or how much money certain fighters make?
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #74
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'd happily call you a knob if we ever met, not that I'd go out of my way to meet someone as dull and sycophantic as yourself. You intimated my penis was small, I assumed you meant in comparison to yours as all black men have 14" whoppers do they not? Or perhaps that is a myth after all.
I am a man of peace but will clearly make an exception for a bigot like you. You were the one who started the abuse and called me a knob. If we ever meet and you call me that to my face I promise you it will be the last thing you do for a long time. No need to talk about it anymore. I am at many fights just come up to me like a man and utter such abuse and see what you get.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #75
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I am a man of peace but will clearly make an exception for a bigot like you. You were the one who started the abuse and called me a knob. If we ever meet and you call me that to my face I promise you it will be the last thing you do for a long time. No need to talk about it anymore. I am at many fights just come up to me like a man and utter such abuse and see what you get.
How is what I said bigoted?
dan-b is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum